Thursday, 5 August 2010

Summer Holidays :: part 2

Well today has been so enjoyable ,now I'm worn out !
I decided to take my 3 boys, plus my 2 nieces, out for the day. So this morning saw us spending at enjoyable hour here..........




This was made much more enjoyable for me because I had this .....



Which saved me over £25 ,hurray! It was great, but after an hour of flashing lights and loud pop music ,I, for one, was ready for some fresh air.

So we took our picnic here........



Bliss.

After lunch we walked around the lake, taking our own sweet time ,chatting and noticing nature all around us ,in what is actually a city park.
This lovely sanctuary has looked a little neglected and overgrown in recent years ,but today we noticed many improvements,particularly this lovely waterfall ,which has not worked for years,until now....


Also these fun stepping stones...........




There were baby ducklings which the children decided to name...meet Rosie and Jim....


One of my boys actually took this picture ...I was impressed.



The flower borders were also very pretty........




Yes we all had a great time ...and the cost? nothing,except a bit of diesel. Frugal queen would be proud of me.Check out her great blog Here.

Can I also recommend another frugal blog, new dress a day,what this girl can do with a $1 thrifted dress is truly Amazing!
Hope your week is going well.
Jacquie x

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link and I like the cost of your day out. I had an expensive day today, but really lovely and in 'real terms' it wasn't that expensive and I should have lots of soapy gifts to give away

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the links to those two blogs - they are great!

    Caz :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacquie, the time spent with the kids looks like a winner. Your son took a great photo of Rosie and Jim too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, that park looks like bliss. What a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.