Thursday 14 September 2017

Sunny Seaside Moments

Hello again Lovelies,
carrying on with my holiday posts, I thought I would share my favourite day of our week in Spain with you today.
Towards the end of our holiday we decided to take a little trip on one of the boats we had seen visiting the main beach in Tossa de Mar.


As we left it was lovely to see the impressive castle from the water.


and to pass by jagged rocks.


The whole coast is rugged and beautiful.



and dotted with caves.



Which we went inside.


and the crew threw bread for the fish :0)


Back into the light.


This trip was to a small bay and a beach called Cala Giverola.


It was beautiful, but when we arrived it was not as peaceful as the photo above suggests.

There was a water park behind the beach and loud music was blaring out.


Eldest and I  decided to go and investigate some of the paths we could see climbing the steep hills that ran down to the water.


Ahhhh, what a peaceful spot with a simply stunning view.


Thankfully the music did not last long and we could relax on the beach. In the late afternoon my walking buddy agreed to investigate another footpath.



I loved looking down on the turquoise waters.


What a perfectly summery scene.


Eldest was happy to climb higher to take in the landscape (seascape?)


But after a while we decided it would be best to rejoin the others.


Back at sea-level hubby and youngest were snorkelling.


I just love the light as the sun gets lower in the sky, the glittery reflections are something special, don't you agree?


The underwater world here contained exciting, colour changing octopi apparently. 


I do like snorkelling, but on this occasion I was more than happy to stand in the crystal clear water. 


and watch the waves lapping the shore.


Just look at the wonderful colour of those pebbles, so vibrant and glowing when wet and illuminated by the setting sun.


I always wish that special light would last just a little longer, that I could bottle the atmosphere, to save it for a dull winters day.


But all too soon the last boat of the day was here. Time to leave this idyllic spot.


It was a perfect outing to make some happy holiday memories for us all to look back on.

Jacquie x

7 comments:

  1. What a glorious day, such a beautiful island. The sea is absolutely stunning. Wonderful memories to keep with you into the winter months. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Jacquie and love the castle.....have just seen a lot while doing a europe/uk 6 wk trip now trying to blog/post catchup. In new zealand they have a hole in a rock you can go right through a lot of fun. Looks like the weather is beautiful there. wendy in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally enjoyed this post and all the wonderful seaside and ocean images. I hope you brought home a pebble or two.. I saw a particularly lovely pink granite stone I'd had snapped up. Thanks for sharing. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You took in some wonderful natural beauty. Your photography skills make the images especially captivating. I am glad that clear water can still be found. The turquoise water and the polished rocks are lovely too. Kind of you to share here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful... We've not been away this year due to all the house renovations and I'm feeling pretty envious looking at your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.