Thursday 16 November 2017

The Colours of Now

Hello Lovelies,
how are you? I seem to have been absent from this space for longer than I intended. I do hope this post finds you well.
 November has been good to us so far, with a good amount of sunshine and some beautiful Autumn colour. Thinking about it now, it's only just over a month to the shortest day and we still have so much colour to enjoy. 

It's true that much of that colour is now on the ground and it feels like it won't be around for much longer. All the more reason to get out and enjoy it.


This morning was sunny, and despite a major "spring cleaning" urge, I knew I must leave the confines of home for  at least a short while to stretch my legs and get some sun.

Because when the sun shines the Autumn colours really sing.





Ahhhh, my absolute favourite November leaf , I couldn't resist picking up a few of these Cherry leaves. Their shape and colours delight me.


Ooooh, beautiful Autumn treasure.



Happy to have found and photographed these beauties I headed home to the cleaning. Don't you just love a jumble of rooftops.... or is that just me :0)


Jacquie x

13 comments:

  1. I love cherry leaves as well, so pretty. Lovely to see the colour of the trees among the roof tops. The beech hedge is gorgeous, one of my favourite things. It has indeed been a lovely autumn so far. Long may it last! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure did find some colorful leaves! I'm amazing how long our leaves are staying on the trees here this fall here in Oregon, USA. Thanks for sharing all your inspiring images. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dearly love your colorful photos of your autumn!
    Our leaves were a bit muted this year, still nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! A much nicer way to spend your morning. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacqui! I DO love that jumble of rooftops! In fact, all of your photos are just beautiful, the Cherry leaves, spectacular! Hope you and your men have a lovely weekend! Hugs from Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi.Love your photos,such vibrant colour and those Leaves just wonderful.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colors of Autumn are glorious! I like your captures of Fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Jacquie! The colours seem to linger on for longer this year. What a delightful find those cherry leaves are! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely! Glad you took some time to enjoy it, as they say the cleaning will still be there when we get back to it. lol Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm 50 something also.....also raising 3 children. Love your blog. Adding to my list of favorites on mine. https://art2encourage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. such lovely colours! it is a shame there isn't a way to preserve them forever....still you managed to get out and see some autumn colour before it disappeared. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. cherry leaves are beautiful, I agree, and to see the sun behind them is wonderful, and no, you are not the only one who loves rooftops! if only my artistic skills were equal to the task of drawing them!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.