Sunday 7 February 2021

Welcome February

Hello Lovelies,
 February began with a beautifully sunny day, which tempted me to walk further than I have been doing lately.

I'm still in love with the bare trees, this Oak tree's skeletal mass of branches looked especially lovely with blue skies behind.

It was cold and this large frozen puddle illustrates just how much rain we have had lately and how saturated the ground is.

Here the long tree shadows made me smile.

It's so relaxing to wander along the footpaths which cross our local golf course at the moment. Our continued lockdown means there are no balls to dodge and it's generally peaceful.

 I was enjoying noticing the different trees. These small blueish needles looked very appealing.


 Once at the churchyard I left food on the fence under this large tree.


I love to stand back and watch the birds come down to enjoy the snack, which they do almost immediately. Here I managed to capture a Robin and Blue tit in the same photo. Just :0)

And here comes a Dunnock. Not as colourful but so endearing.


Eventually I set off again, across the little bridge.


Along the field edge.

Here the footpath goes along this lane.

And into this pretty valley.


Before climbing up the other side to where there is a far reaching view.


Zooming in towards this undulating road.


Time to head home.

Past the sleeping sheep.

And finally, past a lovely display of snowdrops. What a perfect start to February.


Since this walk the weather hasn't been so nice and my miles walked so far this year are rather behind schedule. Oh well, I'm hopeful I'll be able to catch up soon.

 It's great being retired but at the moment the continued high number of coronavirus cases doesn't make for the most relaxing walking when you are continually hoping not to meet other walkers on a narrow path. 

Just recently we have lost an elderly neighbour to this horrible virus. It's so sad.  I sincerely hope  the combination of lockdown and vaccination brings the the tragic loss of life right down very soon.

Jacquie x

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful walk you have been on. Pretty enough to brighten anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely walk.I havn’t been out for two days for a walk.Walking around the house is just not the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is scary when someone you know is suddenly missing in action = we lost two colleagues at work this year and it has really made a huge impact on me and my attitude to 'life as we know it'... it's the walks, the connection with nature and the day to day stuff that is keeping it all glued together for me and I really appreciate blogs like yours where you too are grateful for the small stuff, keeping the routine and plodding on. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful day for a lovely walk! Thanks for sharing. Not sure there will be a lot of walking going on round here in the next few days - I felt I was being pelted by ball bearings in the wind and frozen rain! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are getting out and about but also sorry that you have had sad news too. Keep walking and holding your head up high. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally gasped when I saw your photo of the snowdrops! Thank you for your lovely photos. I hope to visit "the Old World" someday...just a dream...it's so beautiful, and so very different from our desert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love going on the hike with you and seeing your darling kittle birds that you so kindly feed along the way. And what a sweet patch of snowdrops you captured.. I have them in bloom here in our farmyard too.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have captured nature so beautifully in your pictures. The birds and snowdrops are perfect. Hoping you will be able to catch up with your walking soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely walk! Glad that you enjoy your retirement despite the lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sensational images Jacquie and what a wonderful walk! Thanks for sharing :-) just love to see those snowdrops popping up announcing spring is on its way! stay safe Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just checking in, hope you are all fine. Missing your spring photo walks. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Missing you lovely lady. Hope you are ok x

    ReplyDelete
  13. please write your blog again. I miss your brilliant photo's and your day to day writings. xxx Caz.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.