Sunday 8 September 2019

Around Here

 Hello again lovely people,

firstly I need to say a heartfelt thank you to  all of you for the super warm welcome back. Your comments really made me smile and reminded me what a great place blogland is.
 

Speaking of welcomes, what do you think of this sign I made at the start of summer, for the garden? Well, I say made. It was a blank sign I found in the charity shop. I just drew on the wording and simple flowers. I used a permanent pen and it's holding up great so far.



A much more impressive make is the pergola eldest made for me in the spring. He is turning into a really good woodworker and I love the fact that this project used mostly reclaimed wood.


Look! I'm even having further success with a clematis ....maybe I'm not the clematis murderer that I once was.


At the top of the garden we now have a completed workshop ( I shared the beginnings of this project HERE almost 2 years ago ). It may have taken an age to finish and I did find the process quiet stressful....and expensive! but It's turned out great so I am glad we committed to this project now.


It does make the garden smaller, but not by that much, and I'm happy with the flower beds hubby and eldest built me to help it blend in a bit.


And the rustic steps.


I filled the bed with home grown Zinnias and Dahlias.


I think it's all looking at it's best right now.




In the kitchen I'm still making efforts to reduce plastic waste. Though I can't afford all of our milk in glass.


And I'm trying to eat locally and seasonally. This was cheese and potato pie and roasted veg using up potatoes and tomatoes from a friends allotment.



There's free food in the hedgerows right now too.





I'm still doing ( and enjoying ) lots of simple walks from home.



These pictures are from a favourite circuit of about 3 miles. It takes me just over an hour and I find that the perfect length for a daily walk.



There aren't any steep hills, but there are some steps.


Mostly I just enjoy the views and write amazingly insightful and inspiring blog posts in my head....it's a shame they vanish upon my return home :0)


Here we are at the little churchyard again. It's looking especially lovely in  the afternoon sun.





I liked the shadows here.


I'm still doing my walk 1000 mile challenge (this is the 4th consecutive year I think...or maybe it's the 5th) at the moment it's going well and I'm a few miles ahead of where I need to be at this point in the year.


There's a hint of Autumn out there and that's fine by me.



September is hubby's birthday month, do you like my eco friendly gift wrap? Ha, a lot of effort went into that :0)
 

I'll finish here with an progress shot of my temperature blanket, which I was kindly asked about in the comments on my previous post. This is up to the end of July, so I have a bit of catching up to do. I'm still really enjoying this project though. It's so much fun watching it unfold while not having to choose the colour combinations myself. I explained the concept of this blanket HERE.



I do hope you have enjoyed this simple catch up post.
Chat again soon.
Jacquie x

13 comments:

  1. Your temperature blanket looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super lovely to have your company in Blogland again, I've missed you! So very few "old school" blogs still going, please do say you'll stay?!!xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely catch-up. Isn't this a beautiful time of year? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your catch-up post.. I do hope you will show us the inside of your garden shed. What a great idea for a gift wrap, I might have to adopt that! I am also trying to eliminate as much plastic in our home as possible. I'm glad you're back. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos from your walks are always such a pleasure to view. I see them in IG but like them even better here because you say a lot about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos as always Jacquie and your garden looks beautiful. I love this time of the year for walking, sunny and bright but without the intense heat of summer. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking absolutely beautiful in your garden, and well done eldest on that pergola. The workshop is wonderful. I often look at my garage, which is at the end of the garden, and wonder if I could turn it into a writing space. Of course I would have to put all of the junk somewhere else first. Your blanket is looking lovely, so cleverly done. I shall look forward to seeing your progress. A treat to see a post from you. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colours in the temperature blanket! Thanks for sharing your regular walk - I like repeating familiar walks as they are always different depending on the weather, the time of day or the season. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your temperature blanket. Our temps have been in the 90's for the past several weeks, I supposed if I made one it would all be one color!
    Those dahlias...I adore them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Th blanket is going to be great. You must have all the daily temps written down somewhere?? Our garden looks spent at this time of year because slugs eat dahlias in our garden so we can't have them but late flowering is something we are missing in our garden. May is when mine bursts with colour. Have a good week.
    https://joeveryday19.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely to see all of your photo's . Your posts are always interesting. Nice to see you back. Seems like yesterday that you started building at the bottom of the garden !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new workshop and gardens look like they've always been there. They've fitted in really well. We were in the UK at this time last year and we loved being able to pick wild blackberries. We get them here too, but blackberry bushes are a great hiding place for snakes, so we have to be a bit careful. As always, I love seeing where you have been walking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Jacquie and sure do love visiting here even if sometimes a bit late lol Gorgeous garden and crochet too boot too xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.