Monday 1 November 2021

Welcome November

Hello lovelies, 
a new month means new calendar pictures to enjoy. This year I have three.

 I love this  Carolyn Carter   one so much I recycled it to use and enjoy for a second year. It was a faff printing out a new dates sheet to fit, but it means I can use it as my "walking calendar" and record all my outdoor miles.


This is my main calendar for birthdays and appointments etc. If you've read my blog for any length of time you will know  of my love of Edith Holden's illustrations.


My third calendar is a photographic one, featuring Devon landscapes.


It lives in my potting shed these days.

 How I love this recently constructed growing and pottering space. It's light yet cosy, small yet practical. I've got a radio in there and it's a total joy to pot up plants out of the wind with everything to hand.


My addiction to the garden this summer and helping with this project is probably the reason my walking calendar has this sad looking miles total recorded for the year so far.


Oh dear, I should be at over 800 miles if I want to walk 1000 miles this year. Obviously that isn't going to happen now.

 I'm a little disappointed as I've managed to walk 1000 miles a year for several years in a row now. But rather than get disheartened I've set myself a new, manageable goal of 800 miles by the end of December.

 That's 75 miles a month or 2.5 miles a day if my maths is correct. In October I only did 67 miles so I need to up my game a little but it's not too daunting.

This afternoon it was tempting to stay indoors as it was raining, but with my new target in mind I headed out anyway. As eldest ( who's always liked going out in the rain)  says "I'm not made of sugar."😊


Muddy puddles are no problem when you have wellies.


And there's always something interesting to spot.


I was still happy when the rain stopped though.


Autumn colour is only just building at the moment.


So I'll keep my fingers crossed  that November will bring 75 miles of  beautiful russet tones.


I'll finish this post by saying thank you again for all your thoughtful comments. I'm enjoying being back in Blogland very much. You are such a lovely group of readers.

Jacquie x


4 comments:

  1. I've really been enjoying your posts, it's great to see you back blogging. This post is inspirational - 1000 miles a year!! I need to up my walking game for sure. Keep up the good work, Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your back again so happy Jacquie. With covid the walking has not been easy here and we were locked up for along time. Love your calendars too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for having a goal in your walking activity. It's a health promoting decision, as well as enjoying nature all the year round.
    I love your little potting shed, it looks like such a cosy place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing very well to have packed in so much walking. I quite like to walk in a little drizzle, but not a full on downpour. Wellie boots make all the difference, you can have fun stomping through puddles rather than avoiding them. Hope there are lots of pretty golden leaves to keep you spurred on.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.