Tuesday 6 April 2010

One month of Blogging and an Award






Well today marks one whole month of blogging .

When I started I wasn't really sure if it was a good idea or not...whether I could find the time (I'm a poor typist so it's slow going!)....whether I could work out how to do it ( still struggling !)....whether I could write anything interesting (Ummmmmmm !)

I'm still on a learning curve but I'm enjoying the journey. Blogland is such a lovely community is great to be part of it.
I can't quite believe I got 9 comments on my last post!!!!!!!!!Thank you people.

I'm also amazed I received an award,it's from the lovely Rachel at Ruby Red.THANK YOU Rachel!!
I can't quite figure out how to made it appear here though (Arghhhhhh )



Here in the BM household we are in the second week of Easter hols so most of my time is spent running around after the little people.
Today saw a visit to the park followed by some clothes shopping. They will keep growing !!
After that they were all keen to visit the toy shop, "just to look Mummy" . I was not at all keen,but we went anyway.
Amazingly they did just look! and on the way back to the car I spotted a charity shop I haven't seen before,and look what I found...



I've been looking for something like this for ages,isn't it a pretty tablecloth ? Much nicer in real life than in this rather dark photo. It's not perfect ,there are a couple of rust marks ,but I'm planning to use it as fabric in a project similar to the pretty things seen here and here so that's not a problem.



Such beautiful embroidery !! and all for....



I'm a lucky girl.

Wishing you all a lucky week

Jacquie x

3 comments:

  1. Wow I also visited the charity stores yesterday and was very successful too. Congrats on your reward and Happy One Month Anniversary :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jacquie!

    Ooh Im soooo glad you visited my blog today as it meant I could find you and yours!
    I think you are very lucky to find such a treat in the charity shop, its beautiful! You have a lovely blog and I will come and see you again for sure - off to check out your Flickr pics now, Im a bit of a crochet addict myself too!!

    Sending love
    Julia x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jacquie,
    you sweet lady! Thank you yes your cheque arrived this afternoon, and Hubby wondered why I got a little tear in my eye when I opened the envelope!But it was such a lovely surprise that you sent me the gorgeous magazine article! Especially as you'd only just bought the magazine to finish reading it!
    You are so kind, thank you, I just love that house, I kept hinting to my Hubby, do you think you could make me a bathroom cabinet like that?
    I shall post your parcel tomorrow as I'm in town on my stall!
    Love your beautiful tablecloth! What a pretty find!
    You're really inspiring me to continue with my crochet too!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.