Friday 21 January 2011

Hearts in the Sun

Hello again :0)....I know , two posts in one day ! They're a bit like buses:0)

I've been playing around crocheting hearts this week . My favourite pattern of the moment is a cute little 3D version .

As the sun was shining so brightly this afternoon I couldn't resist taking this picture.........



Ohhh , just look at those sharp shadows and how different the yarn looks in such bright light, welcome back sun ! Never mind that it's actually freeeezing outside :0)

I found the pattern for these cuties via tangled happy ( what a great site ) . I'm so glad I found Taras lovely blog "EASY" . Do check it out , there are lots of great free patterns .

So, back to my hearts, what do you think ?......



The red and lilac ones are slightly bigger as the yarn is a little thicker and I used a 4.00mm hook. Then on Wednesday I found a 3.5mm hook ( been looking for one for ages ) . So I used this to make the yellow and green ones........



Next I had to decide what to do with them , don't you love getting creative ? My projects never seen to end up how I originally imagined them , but I love the way they evolve. I had an idea to hang these vertically and knew I wanted to add something else for interest , but what ??? Beads, great but I couldn't find many nice ones in my stash, Crochet flowers ? no ,too fussy.
I know, felt !............



Lovely felt, I have a good stash of this user friendly material. Oh ,and buttons are always good . These are just basic white ones rescued from the boys old school shirts, but I think they will be fine. So I play around . This really is playing :0) I had lots of fun ..........



That's O.K. this looks cheerful , little circles of felt made by cutting round a penny.......



In the end I even got my pinking shears out , yes I had lots of fun with those. Here's the finished result.....





Yipee, more colourful crochet and felt to adorn my wall.............



I think it looks very at home with my embroidery hoop pictures.
Here's a wider angle shot so you can see most of the crochet in this room together. Please note the side table disguised as a tumble dryer :0)



My crochet bunting is also in this conservatory , but I don't think I could get it in the same picture. Well certainly not without showing you a lot of clutter. Yes there's loads of boy type stuff in this room,which this week includes the whole rugby teams kit I've been washing!, but I just look at the nice bits and try not to stress about the rest.
Hope you have a great , stress free, weekend .
Jacquie x

38 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I was thinking of making some heart garlands for Valentines day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I will look at that pattern - I thought I had found one on Ravelry but it was all in Japanese! I have been making Granny herts from the Royal Sisters instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vow that is so beautiful! It fits so well with your other beauties on your wall! Wonderful idea with qute details!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are so cute:)It is a good idea to decorate walls..
    I like knitting too..Please visit my blog and be a follower:)
    filizinevi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! They fantastic on the wall with those adorable pictures! Great job! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohh, you`ve given me an idea on what to do with the lovely pastel cotton yarn I got in the sale at my lys today - so many ideas, so little time! Lovin` your hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwww that is lovely i love it, well done you what a smashing idea. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're great! I love the final arrangement with the white felt as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Jacquie, just so sweet and pretty and in time for a valentines treat ! xox I love tangled happy too, great site, happy weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love your bright pretty room too!

    ♥Anita
    Smile; it the second best thing one can do with one's lips. --Author Unknown
    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cute! I love how you display the hearts. Neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Jacquie, that chain of hearts is too cute. What a great idea.
    It's quite a crafty little corner with your mums picture too.
    Blue skies and sunshine here, enjoy your weekend,

    Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have really enjoyed catching up with your makes - I like the colours and the way you are gradually filling your place up with this homey style.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just stumbled upon your blog and I love your little hearts. Just lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well of course I LOVE them! They look great and your retro side table is ingenious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jacquie these are gorgeous! and in time for Valentines too! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a felt stash, so useful.

    Your crochet corner looks so bright and colourful, simply L O V E L Y! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jacquie thankyou for your kind welcome to my little nook by the sea, and fantastic hearts by the way, really want to have a go at these. Pixie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jacquie these are gorgeous! love your colourful crochet cushions on your sofa too xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those hearts! Im a bit of a crochet fan myself, so quite fancy having a go at making these - will have to wait until after our OFSTED inspection tho!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the way that they look when they are strung together!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is that a washing machine? How I wish my washing machine had a cute and beautiful place like yours. I am stunned... My machine stands on flaked grey painted concrete floors with spider nets around the pipes behind it and a bunch of stuff on top including bicycle helmet, dirty dock, bults and a screw (that belongs somewhere), a Barbie doll, little banged up toy car, crumbs from a cookie and some dust... Love your hearts. Maybe that is what my washing machine needs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely, there is something quite satisfying about making a wee heart, love the way you have displayed them, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea and they look adorable hanging with your other handmade goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh that is getting to be a gorgeous corner! Those little hearts are so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh! They're perfect Jacquie - what gorgeous colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Must. Make. Soon!!!! Your room is so colorful and cheerful and it just keeps getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a wonderful idea Jacquie, they look so pretty! Your wall is very nice, I'm loving your display.
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello,

    that is very lovly.
    You make so sweet thinks!!!!

    greatings send you Conny

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looking beautiful Jacquie! Your house is looking so spring like!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cute hearts! In lovely colors too... :-)
    /Halldora.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aww!!! I love what you did with these little plushy hearts! I must share one of your photos at Tangled Happy. Hope you don't mind? Very creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi, Jacquie!
    Beautiful little hearts! And your Mum is super talented!! I love her painting!
    I´m here today to thank you one more time for inspiration and generosity! I´ve just finished a granny blanket using you gorgeous "Double V Edging"! It´s great!! Thanks a lot for your blog!
    The link for some photos is: http://linhasimaginarias.blogspot.com/2011/01/que-felicidade-chegar-de-viagem-e-ver.html
    (I linked to your post) :)

    Claudia, from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  33. beautifull work as usual!! if you have troubles with finding hooks, l'm willing to send you some! Just let me know what you want! greetings Ria

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.