Thursday 7 July 2011

More Happy Colours


Hello Lovelies,
Those of you who regularly read my blog will know that I'm more than happy taking pictures of the gorgeous countryside around these parts. But at this time of year even the town makes a colourful scene .
Outdoor markets are such happy bustling places on a sunny day.I'm loving the brightly coloured plants on this flower stall........

Gazania en masse...what a sight to lift your spirits

Such wonderful colours on the fruit and veg stall......

I'm also loving the bunting.

Al fresco yarn....yummy..........



Away from the throng of the market I was so happy to spy this ...it's the entrance to a gallery and I hoped from this glimpse it was going to lovely.......a wrought iron gate , self seeded pretties on a ledge, a hanging basket and a wind chime.....yes ? ....I was holding my breath.......


Ohhh , lovely old brick walls and a bench surrounded by colourful pots.....


It turned out to be just as lovely as I had thought. Look at the gorgeous handmade mosaic and all the care put into this cute little courtyard.The perfect place to relax for five minutes and enjoy the tranquil outdoor space ,on a sunny or shady bench  ,take your pick :0) ..........


It really made me smile.

Another thing that's making me smile at the moment is my Giant Granny. I've put a button in my side bar that links to the flickr group.Here's what it looks like today............



I'm up to 31rounds and I've added more different colours. If I'm feeling a little unsure about colour combinations I take a look at this wonderful blanket.
Last year I enjoyed making my Granny stripe in blues and greens but I'ts great to be able to make this similarly 'quick to do' pattern  in gorgeous happy colours this year .Thanks for the inspiration Angie :0)
Hope you week is going well
Jacquie x

16 comments:

  1. Lots of wonderful colour Jacquie.
    £1.70 Robin I think. I think I can get it a little cheaper around £1.40 ish. But its so good to work with. Your granny is beautiful! x
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colors! I adore the yarn picture and think that your granny is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olá Jacquie....que lindas as imagens....me parece um lugar encantado....cheio de cores,flores e muita alegria....quem me dera sentar neste banco por alguns minutos e apreciar tanta beleza.....talvez até encontre uma fadinha entre as flores.....Obrigada por compartilhar....beijos

    ReplyDelete
  4. That courtyard is lovely and the mosaic is fantastic.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those boxes of al fresco yarn. And your gorgeous granny is making me itch to get back to some crochet - have ditched it of late in favour of the sock knitting fetish! If only there were more hours I could satisfy my craving for both...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am super LOVING your giant granny. And I might be misguided here, but my own rule is that you can always make a veritable rainbow work as long as you add white...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving this sunny post, so floral and colourful, it has me actually thinking about gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jacquie - just wanted to let you know that I was recently awarded The Stylish Blogger Award, and I'd like to pass it on to you as I love your site! Please visit the post at my blog, Dancing in the Rain, at http://rainydaycrafter.blogspot.com to pick up your award. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jacquie,
    Thank you for this colorful post :) Your granny is looking beautiful!
    Have a wonderful we!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your granny square is looking fantastic! I joined in this week after I saw your post about the Giant Granny, but I haven't been able to get started yet and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your work looks so much neater than mine.I'm upto 127 squares so it's coming along well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful! So many flowers! They would be nice for *Weekendflowers* :) So if you like... :)
    LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photographs...your market looks a wonderful hive of activity..Love your crochet Jacquie....I have to find some time to resurrect my novice skills from many years ago!
    Hope you have a great weekend,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jacquie, what a lovely post, as usual :-). And your stripes are coming along really pretty!

    Thank you for your sweet comment on my new hexagonblanket, I am really honoured to have inspired you back!

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    love Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely colours and very nice granny!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.