Monday 29 June 2015

The Longest Day

Hello Lovelies, 
I'm sorry I haven't been around here much. I've been struggling to find time to blog lately. Life is good but busy.
There are so many photos on my camera and I could write several posts if there were more hours in the day.
Here I'm sharing a family walk we did on Fathers day , last Sunday, which also happened to be the longest day this year.

It being fathers day Mr BM got to choose what we should do and where. Happily he's always keen to go for a walk somewhere new, and he loves flat canal side walking (where as I really love hills ) . We headed to the Grantham Canal at Woolsthorpe as it's a part of this canal that we haven't explored before. 

I loved the bridge and the lock side cottage we passed when we arrived........

 


Unlike parts of this canal, this bit has been restored and is navigable.........


As we wandered along I noticed the sturdy hog weed has replaced the delicate cow parsley now...........


And the tow path looked so pretty in the warm sunshine........


Splashes of Purple amongst the green caught my eye.........



The Vetch is such a delicate flower up close........


We strolled along enjoying the beautiful morning and I got a bit left behind as usual....too many photo opportunities :0).......


How I loved this wooden bridge we came across.......


we all stood on it to look back along the canal.........


And I couldn't resist getting the family to do a group shadow wave.......

Hello :0)

The grasses are so high now and here they waved in the breeze delicately.......


It was a beautiful stretch of canal and I loved spotting this little family of Swans..........


The cygnet was so sweet, especially when it flapped it's wings and had a stretch........


Soon it was time to turn around and head back to the car. My boys chatted as they walked.......


And we even did a bit of skipping.....

It's quiet exhilarating skipping I find...if rather tiring!

I really enjoyed this flat walk in the end. It was a lovely way to spend a few hours together on the longest day.
Jacquie x

14 comments:

  1. Невероятно! Потрясающе красивый день!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty walk, I enjoy going on your walks with you
    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jacquie, this walk looks lovely :) I enjoyed your photos.
    best wishes,
    Fiona - Lucy's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely, takes me back to when I lived in UK, we lived very close the the canal, Leeds Liverpool when my boys were little, lots of walks along there. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super photos, what a beautiful place for walking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I skip all the way down the road with the littlest boy, you're right, it's quite hard work! That looks like a wonderful place for a walk, I really love the brick bridge and the brick houses alongside. What a beautiful place that would be to live. Glad you had a god walk all together, and I'm wishing you a good week. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty walk, the shadow photo is great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most definitely a lovely way to spend time together! Glad to see a post from you. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jacque!
    I love your posts and beautiful pictures. Fantastic report about a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely walk - lovely photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what beautiful photos and countryside! The flowers are looking gorgeous at this time of year! I have just started a blog of all my crochet/art adventures. Please take a look and leave me a comment. Visit me at www.theartfullplace.blogspot.com . Have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful place to go! I hope that you get some more time soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful...just catching up with what I've missed, it's been a busy few weeks! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Annyeong haseyo. Found your blog on Bloglovin' when it was rec'd when I started following another. This is a terrific way to spend the way. The first pic was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.