Saturday 13 June 2015

This Weeks Walk :: June Sunshine

Hello Lovelies,
This Thursday the walking group was once again blessed with warm sunshine. The walk started from a pretty village, where we parked by the church........


There were lots of sections of pretty woodland, with cute wooden bridges over little streams......


Field edge paths and rolling hills..........


Glimpses of beautiful Equines..........


Their coats looked amazing, shining in the sunshine against the fresh green background........


We passed pretty stone cottages with Roses around the door.........


And as the day warmed up, the dappled shade of more woodland was very welcome........


Here we emerged from a wooded glade into a beautiful valley..........

Oh, how I LOVED this spot.....the lush green hills in the background.....and the stunning colour of the meadow.

The Buttercups were beautiful and the red of the Sorrel added an amazing fiery glow........


How wonderful the countryside looked in the June sunshine..........


Just as we were all getting a bit hungry and tired there was a big hill to climb. It was hard work....but worth it for the stunning picnic spot and the cool breeze.........


It was so relaxing, sitting on the grass, watching and listening to the Skylark ( which I did try to photograph but failed miserably)

And eating some of the yummy British Strawberries my friend had brought to share with the group. They  perfectly finished off an idyllic picnic.......

And they were much easier to photograph :0)

Such wonderful, seasonal delights.........


The sort of moment you want to store away in your memory...the sights, the sounds the taste.... to cheer you on a cold winters day.

All too soon lunchtime was over. It was so pretty on the hill top.........


The cows rested  in the hot afternoon sun.......


And the Derbyshire stone walls reminded me of the Yorkshire walls of my childhood.......


They looked especially wonderful here.....with Pretty Foxgloves growing from between the stones..........


The last part of the walk was mainly woodland....and what a magical place it felt on that sunny afternoon, the dark places and the pools of bright sunlight......


The moss covered walls and the fresh green leaves........


The cool shade beneath the canopy so high above.........


All too soon we were back at the same village we started from, where the Almshouses were looking especially pretty, set behind manicured lawns and lovely Lupins...........


We walked seven miles, but it was the sort of day you just felt like walking forever.... or maybe stopping time for a little bit...a precious day outdoors in lovely company at such a perfect time of year.

I do hope you lovelies are getting chance to enjoy the early summer too....or enjoying looking at it here if not.
Jacquie x

14 comments:

  1. Stunning photographs of your walk. I love the meadow ones and that gorgeous stone cottage, absolutely idyllic. I also love your church shot at the start, very picturesque and very english.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful walk, I particularly like the cottage with the climbing rose! The meadow too looks amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of a lovely walk on a sunny day
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures again. I am fond of strafvermindering. And the way you start your blog, always makes me smile! Hello lovelies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know which photo I love the best, they are all so lovely! What a wonderful outing. Thanks for sharing. My Saturday morning 2 mile walk wasn't near as lovely and mostly in the hot sun. I hope to hike and picnic in the mountains tomorrow, if the weather holds (and I can get the family on board). Have a great one! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful walk once again Jacquie, with strawberries to freshen! The weather has been perfect this week for a walk such as this, however it may be a bit muddy now with the fresh rain once again. Don't you just love a good old Blighty summer!! Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you went along I kept thinking that I liked each photo more than the ones before! Your group takes some really great walks doesn't it. The strawberries were lovely too I am sure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's absolutely glorious out there at the moment isn't it. All the green and the wild flowers, beautiful. The sort of thing that really lifts the soul. I love the pictures of the horses, they're quite something. What a wonderful walk you've found again. I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend Jacquie. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely walk. It has been lovely when the sun has shone hasn't it. I particularly love the photo of the horses - their coats look amazing.
    I hope you are enjoying your weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love taking these virtual walks with you through stunning countryside and pretty villages. Your blog continues to inspire me to get out and about and although I cannot manage the distances that you walk I have so enjoyed the walks that DH and I have managed this year and noticing how quickly the countryside changes from week to week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Strawberry perfection. The woods always seem so dark but alive. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jacquie, the photographs in this post have taken me so far away from the longish 3 mile walk I took today along NYC sidewalks. I was glad to be renewing acquaintances with parts of downtown neighborhoods I'd not visited in a while...but I'd have be glad to trade those views with what you've shown us.

    And yet, later this evening, I will be treated to perfectly ripe strawberries (with cream) that I bought at Friday's farmers market. It's a wonderful season...here and there.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely walk, Jacquie. It looks like a lovely place for a ramble.
    You must be really clocking up the miles now.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of these pictures, what a marvelous walk you had!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.