Sunday 11 February 2018

Simply Seasonal .....11th of Feburary

 Hello Lovelies,
I hope your week went well. I do like using this catch up to remind myself of the photogenic moments my week held.  I thought I hadn't taken many pictures on my little camera, but uploading them I was surprised to find 75 images. Don't worry I've whittled them down a bit :0)

So here are my happy seasonal moments for the second week of February

1 ♥ Cold and Frosty Mornings. I loved waking to blue skies on Wednesday, yay. Time to take a walk. Can you spot my shadow in this photo?


it was very cold, but than meant no mud :0)


The birds were singing


And through the tunnel I spotted a heard of sheep.


They were grazing peacefully.


But when they saw me they all started calling out...baa, baa, baa.


and approaching. They must be hungry I thought. I'm sure they are heavily pregnant. Eating for three, or four.


I was really surprised how brave they were. Sorry lovely lady I haven't brought your brekki.



No you can't eat the flowers on my skirt. Bless her. She was so lovely, you could pet her like a dog.


The heard followed me through the field.


Sorry girls, I'm sure the farmer will be along soon.


2 ♥ A Sunny outing with Mum. As Wednesday remained bright Mum and I decided to have an outing somewhere different. We went to Newark on Trent. A place that's full to the brim  with interesting old buildings.


I do love to see cobbles.


 and interesting roof-lines.


There's a lovely market square which was quiet busy despite the chilly temperatures.


This old building always catches my eye.


as does this view...perfect with a beautiful blue sky backdrop.


I made a bee line for these shelves of Stylecraft to do a little more re-stashing ( is that a word?)


Then there was a little more walking





Before I spotted a sign, this is where I had in mind for mum and I to visit.


Ooooh, look, look, look.


 I had been researching Tea rooms....like you do :0) THIS PLACE came highly recommended by online reviews.
 And as a bonus it is within a really old timber framed building...I can't find an exact age but it is listed as Medieval, and a similar building in the town dates from 1337.
 Just look how "wonky" it is, not a straight line to be seen. The windows were all seamed up so we would have to wait to see what was inside.



Open the latch.


and step into the warm and cosy interior.



Happily it wasn't busy and the whole place was charming. I loved the vintage crockery and table linen.

 another cream tea? Ooops. I do seem to have got a bit of a taste for them.  I think I'll aim for one a month this year. That doesn't seem too indulgent, does it?  February's was very good :0)

 We sat on the ground floor but could hear customers upstairs. When they gradually left and it went quiet I couldn't resist taking a peek. Wow.


Just look at those beams. How much history have they seen unfold.


This place used to be a bakery. How many thousands of loaves must have been made within these walls.


I felt lucky we called at such a quiet time and I had the chance for a good look around. I hope it stands for a few more hundred years. It's longevity shows the workmanship that went into it's construction. Apparently the seep roof line shows that it was once thatched. How lovely. Simple, characterful places like this really make me smile.



 4 ♥ Walking with a Friend. On Thursday I was back at Calke Abbey to meet up with an ex-work colleague. She retired about three years ago and this is only the second walk we have managed to organise. Happily we have decided this is not good enough and already pencilled in a date for March.



I think she liked my choice of destination. The Snowdrops were a hit :0)





 5 ♥ Roadside Flowers. And the time to stop and capture them not just drive hurriedly past.




These were in a  pretty village I've driven through several times.  I loved having the chance for a wander on foot.













6 ♥ A Wintry Sunrise. I had to work on Saturday, but this was my reward for getting up early.





Mother natures stunning colours. Better than any man made light show, if you ask me.

Phew, seems like I only managed to get rid of 25 photos. I hope you enjoyed the 50 that were left :0)

Have a good week Lovelies.
Jacquie x

15 comments:

  1. Were there really 50 photos there? It didn't feel like it at all, I enjoyed seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newark on Trent looks absolutely lovely, such beautiful old buildings, and what a gorgeous tea room. That scone! I really must make some soon, it's been a long time since I had one. And of course I will have to buy some clotted cream to go with it. One cream tea per month seems very restrained to me, well done you. I might aim for one a month as well, just so I don't forget how good they are. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow what a fantastic post loved all 50 photos. I have a thing for sheep and I've also been followed hopping for food, loved the tea room and market and what a sunrise!
    Thanks for sharing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally loved every single of the 50 photos that made the cut, and probably would have like the ones you edited out, too! I am so jealous of the lovely old buildings you get to see all the time. That tea house was divinely magnificent. Lucky you! And what a sunrise.. quite something. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to enjoy as I scrolled down through this post. What a lovely sunny day you had for your time with your mum. The sheep make me smile!
    ellen b. https://happywonderer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful,wonderful photos

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a wonderful and very enjoyable post it didn't seem like 50 photos. Those lovely sheep! Yes the sunrise on a clear morning is so beautiful at this time of year. We like to visit tea shops when we go out for the day. There's nothing so yummy as tea and a freshly baked warm scone x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt as if I was wandering with you. Thank you
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was another wonderful visit to join you on your walks and lovely you had an outing with your Mum, I miss mine. Loved all the pics and sure did not seem like 50 at all. ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely variety in those fifty images. I particularly like the old red brick buildings, makes me feel a little nostalgic bizarrely, up here old buildings are limestone, or a little to the south sandstone, or a little to the north slate. All very nice, but not the brick cottages which I grew up with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A breath of fresh air - thanks. Fantastic sun rises and sun sets. Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unas fotos preciosas como siempre. Que suerte que tienes de disfrutar de esos lugares tan tranquilos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning... Thankyou for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning once again,such Fantastic photos and interesting places to visit,love those sheep.Oooh that cream tea looked so yummy and what a Stunning Tea Room or rooms.Thanks so much for the time it takes to do these Stunning posts well appreciated.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always love to read and look at your beautiful photos of places I will most likely never get to see. Am quite jealous of the centuries of history and structures that still stand where you live, America is notorious for demolishing older buildings to put up newer ones that are never built as well as the old ones. So keep taking all those wonderful photos!! of everything on your journey! ENJOY!! from Iowa, USA

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.