Monday 23 November 2020

Chasing the Sunrise

 Hello Lovelies, how are you doing? I hope you are coping ok with this strange, socially distant world we are presently enduring.

I'm thankful every day that here in the U.K we are still able to get out for some (unlimited even) daily exercise at the moment.

Since my retirement this summer I can make the most of almost any window of good weather. How lucky is that!

Today we were FINALLY forecast a seriously chilly night and a frosty start. I woke before my 7am alarm, and after dropping eldest off at work, I headed out into the first light.

I love that faint pink horizon.


And the tracery of the bare branches.

A more distant horizon appeared at the top of the hill.

The sky was definitely lightening.

It was bright enough to notice the fine, frosty details.

But still great for silhouettes.

I was on a busier road by the half way mark. Despite this deserted picture I was regularly dodging the early morning traffic. So many people still heading off to work despite our lockdown, like hubby and son do.

We may be still in Autumn but this scene was pure wintery beauty to me.

Ahh, here comes the sunrise.

Getting higher, just look at the clouds ....so pretty.


Morning horses. 


I'm sure you are glad of your warm coat. And the sheep are glad of theirs too :0)


Presently I arrived at this small, neighbouring village. I thought I had spotted an impressive bird on the shed roof here.


But it was a sculpture...I do love a bit of whimsy, don't you?


Oh great, time to leave the traffic behind.


And be treated to a perfectly Autumnal scene.


Oak leaves, acorn and fungi. Simply wonderful.


Here's a zoomed in picture, which I took whilst pretty much blinded by the bright sunlight. I turned out so nicely, it's really making me smile.


Time to cross the bridge now. I need to get back in time to ensure my 6th former is up in time for his 10am start.


Always time to stop and appreciate some of the first frost crystals you have seen in months though.


It was also time for a quick selfie...sorry!
 Gosh I'm not a fan of turning the lens around these days, but I like to record milestones here....and I am very happy to have officially (well as officially as this challenge gets for me)  completed this year's Walk 1000 mile challenge. 

This year a few of the miles were done on a treadmill, during our tighter spring lockdown, so they are not exclusively "boots on" but almost....and I'm going to allow myself this change in my own rules during a pandemic!
This is the 6th consecutive year I have managed to walk 1000 miles, and the earliest finish so far. Beating my only other early finish (2016) by a few days. I've just been reading that finish post HERE. Such a similar day...and "certificate" 😄 


Looking back at where I've just walked.


I do love the big pond next to the path here.


And it's attractive ducks.


Here change is happening...and paddocks are being planted with grape vines. It could be worse, much worse.


I'm happy as long as there's room for the wildlife.


Yay, the final frosty stile...soon be home for my porridge. I was certainly looking forward to it by this point.


What next for my walking?  I'll keep going and hope to reach 1100 miles by the end of the year "all being well"....my saying for 2020 and beyond!

 I've so enjoyed writing this post, it's really lovely to be back here and I will aim to post regularly again...possibly weekly....all being well 🤞😀.

I'll also reply to any comments you leave...so do check back if you want a "chat".

Jacquie x

Edited to Add....I'm so sorry if I appear to have  ignored any comments you have left me in the past few months. I've just found a load awaiting moderation which I didn't know about...I used to get an e. mail about them, but not now apparently.

Apologies again xxx


18 comments:

  1. Wonderful to see you posting again Jacquie! Congratulations on the 1000 mile challenge. Coincidentally I am retired now officially as well,as from April...during lockdown. It is taking a bit to get used to! Do you find that as well? I am also back walking again here in the city which isn't so marvellous as it would be in the countryside but I try to change routes and take photos where possible. The eye candy that you have posted here is fabulous!! I particularly like that snapshot of the frosty leaves...impressive! keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda. Thanks for the lovely message. I'm enjoying being retired as I'm still busy with family stuff, walking, gardening, crochet....could still do with more hours in the day :0) I do feel sorry for my old team facing the second wave... lets hope that vaccine arrives ASAP
      Jacquie x

      Delete
  2. congratulations on achieving your 1000 miles :) lovely pictures, I love a bit of frost too, you live in a very pretty area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty thank you so much. Yes I love being so close to the countryside
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfectly beautiful walk. 1000 miles is very impressive - I didn't even do that on my bike this year!

    Stay safe and enjoy your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's cloudy and breezy here today. So happy O made the most of the frost.
      Jacquie x

      Delete
  5. Wow, it's frosty there. A beautiful walk though, and well done on 1,000 miles, that's brilliant. So lovely to see a post from you. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you CJ. It's lovely to hear from you. Hope you are all ok xx

      Delete
  6. Hello lovely lady, wonderful post and heartiest of congratulations for reaching the 1000 mark. Much love, Ambling Along Suzie (on 800 miles boo hoo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again Suzie. Some of those miles were in the lake district....so jealous xx

      Delete
  7. Welcome back, Jacquie! *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* on 1000 miles of walking! Bravo! I love your frosty photos.. the top of the fence post was so interesting. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Teresa. Hugs to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing such a lovely walk. I did enjoy virtually walking it with you. Well done for your 1000 miles achieved for the 6th year running. Amazing and you do look well on it.
    Enjoy the freedom of retirement and I look forward to coming back to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind comment. I've been a really bad blogger this year but it's great to be back.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations! A great result, especially in the rather strange year. I’m glad you have popped back into your blog, as I’ve missed see what you have been getting up to and enjoying visiting your countryside, especially your winter scenes, as we are heading into a heatwave this weekend, and it isn’t even summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comment Janice. I hope the frosty pictures cooled you down a little :)
      Jacquie x

      Delete
  11. Congratulations Jacquie, and what a beautiful morning you had for these last few miles. In all this strangeness that we are enduring at the moment it was good to read this post and know that some things are carrying on as usual, it made me feel a bit emotional. Thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this lovely comment. Yes, life is topsy turvy but there is still so much to be thankful for.
      Jacquie xx

      Delete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.