Friday 17 September 2010

Friday Happies




Hello Lovlies ,hope you are well.

Today was going so well. As soon as I dropped the boys off at school,I pulled on these and went for a run( steady jog :0) ).....



I've been doing this for three months now,some days it's still a slog to get round my modest two and a half mile circuit , but today was a good and it wasn't too hard.I do feel energised afterwards.And it was great to get out in the fresh air on a lovely crisp, sunny morning.


Then it was off to the supermarket for my weekly shop,which went ok till I accidenallly started to put petrol in our deisel car whilst a little distracted....



BIG OOOPS JACQUIE!!!!


After a couple of panicky phone calls to Mr BM and our Garage I was instructed to fill up with deisel and since not too much petrol had gone in,I should ( hopefully ) get away with it , PHEW!!!!!



Once I got home and put the shopping away, I've cheered myself up by taking photo's of some lovely Asters I bought at the supermarket ..........




Looking at the sweet fawn I picked up in a charity shop this week for 35p....


And taking photos of my circles to share with you lovely lot......



I'm up to 80 now and still loving making them. They are so simple and fun.
Look ,this ones so pretty......


and this one....


Oooh and what about this one.....



or these two ...........?



Yes, they may be a little too colourful for some people , possibly for me too, but I'm hopeing once the white border is added they will look just right:0)

Thanks for being out there ,I love to here your comments.
Jacquie x

18 comments:

  1. Phew, that was a close one with the car! The little fawn is so cute! Bargain too! Love love loving the crochet, wished you lived close by so you could teach me! Have a great weekend!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i need to start running, unfit doesn't even begin to describe how bad I am!
    I love the colours of your crochet and think they will look really stunning with a white border.
    Hope you have a good weekend.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a close call with the car! Phew! Gosh, your running really puts me to shame...I can't even make it out of the driveway at a pace!

    No...the colours are not too bright, they are sunshiney perfect and will look awesome with a white border!
    Have a fab weekend! xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly love making these little hexagons!!! I just finished making a baby blanket out of nice soft cotton and only a handful of complementary colors, and the circles are my favorite part of the whole process. Just like you, I love making no two alike, and stacking them up, sorting them, laying them out, arranging them... I cannot stop classifying them! It's my internal taxonomist coming to the surface. Your "yarn cookies" are lovely, and I'm glad you're having such a good time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your finished blanket it is going to look absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blanket will be gorgeous!
    I pranged my car on a post today - must be the day for car related mishaps - it'll need a bit of a respray unfortunately.
    And keep up the running - it does get easier, I promise :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crikey those circles have grown in number since I last saw them!! I'm glad to hear that things are going to be OK with your car - it's never good to hear that someone has inadvertantly put the wrong fuel in their car as it always results in a big bill (like cars don't have enough expense as it is!)

    Have a good weekend!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. been there done that only I FILLED the tank. A very expensive mistake. Your colourful circles have made my terrible day much better

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so inspired by your colourful crochet and cant wait to start :)
    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your little circles, the blanket will be stunning I am sure.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've had quite the day now drop by and pick up your award.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely rounds. You could make a post with only rounds. Pile them, spread them out, put them in patterns, close ups, on a line, piled up mega tower, small piles, blue piles, red piles... I would sit there and drool for a good long moment indulging myself in the seductive world of colours. And I wouldn't even hear the kids demands and arguments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful circles! I haven't been for a run in months. I should do really but its very hard to get motivated. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luckily your condition is so good that you can go running if something with your car happens! Your circles are magnificent. It just can't be too colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your beautiful circles. And I do love all the colors. :)
    Glad that everything worked out with your car.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh dear poor car !!
    I'm loving all those lovely little circles, such yummy colours.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the circles, such wonderful colours they must cheer you up each time you get them out.
    Thanks so much for the email, it's great to have another blogger so local. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jacquie,
    I hope you are okay and family too.
    Beautiful photos on your blog I've gone back a few posts to catch up. Apologies for not been over here before. I'm behind with just a few things.
    Your crocheting is lovely, and your photos on your blog are gorgeous. Full of colour whether it be flowers or crocheting!
    Love to you,
    Suex

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.