Saturday 30 October 2010

Parcels , Pumpkins and Progress

Hello Lovelies, pull up a chair and share a glimpse of our weekend so far :0)

Yesterday, the postman delivered my second lovely parcel this week, I know how great is that.
The Amazing Fostermummy has sent me some of her beautiful handmade soap, so generous and thoughtful.

I love the pretty packaging and you will have to take my word for it , that it smells divine..............


Thank you so much Fostermummy !

This morning saw Mr BM roped in on the pumpkin carving , yay, I'm not keen on the smell of these things...........



Have you noticed the use of power tools , the boys thought this was soooo cool !
I have managed with a spoon and a sharp knife for years :0)

Must admit,though, the finished result looked pretty good, as it watched my eat my lunch.........



We copied this idea from some found on google images....it was a great way to use a small pumpkin the boys grew at school gardening club. Don't you think ?

And now to the progress part. My blanket is up to 144 squares, that's 12 rows by 12 rows. I've sewn all the white ends in too........



I love, love ,love it !!!!!! It's so happy and colouful, I think all the circles are different, which pleases me alot. I study them and choose a favourite , then find one I like even more !.....



I was thinking this would be big enough , with a wide border , but looking at it laid out I think it needs at least 2 more rows on the length. ........



So I'm making 24 more circles, centres first, production line fashion. And drinking plenty of tea in my new mug !!Love it ,thanks Emma :0)


Have a great Halloween, whatever you're up to .
Jacquie x

31 comments:

  1. Love it. Pumpkin carving on steroids!!! The blanket is coming along so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blanket is amazing!!! Another couple of rows won't do any harm ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket is amazing! I'm so jealous! This must have taken ages!
    Thanks for your comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Your blanket is fabulous!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for the pumpkin. Too cute. And the blanket is turning out amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your man is a pumpkin-carving GENIUS! That is too funny, and I wish we hadn't already carved ours...

    and YOU are a blanket-making genius! Your colors are just wonderful and cheerful and I can't stop drooling over the squares, at the near expense of my keyboard. Proud of you for handling all the ends along the way!

    Happy Halloweeeeeeen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow you are busy and have so many lovely things on the go. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful blanket, the colours look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm I love bergamot and your blanket looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jacquie! Your blanket is divine! You are my blanket guru! Lots of love, Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time I see your blanket it looks more and more lovely. It's exceptionally pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing blanket you must be chuffed to bits with it.
    I did some pumpkin carving this evening the old fashioned way, with a sharp knife!xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post full of interesting and beautiful things. Interesting things, pumpkin carving with power tools. Love it, such a blokey thing to do. :-) Beautiful things, your absolutley gorgeous blanket. Sighhhhh! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hee hee! Man Wonderful just looked over my shoulder and said: "that looks like the soap you make. Very professional." You've got to laugh!! FM X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blanket looks wonderful and definitely worth all the hard work you've put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colours are so pretty and happy :)) and the pumpkin is a real hoot..
    Enjoy your weekend :)) pat in tas:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pumpkin is great - love that idea! I think your blanket is just amazing - so colourful! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I've dreamed of such a blanket for years! Awesome and adorable! You are so talented and I really really admire you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The blanket looks fantastic, well done!
    I've never seen pumpkin carving done with power tools either!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The soaps sound lovely and your blanket looks fantastic! I love the baby pumpkin in the large pumpkin's mouth! Brilliant carving! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. How stunning is your blanket, it's amazing how beautiful all that love and labour(!!) look when put together. Your blog is lovely, I've enjoyed reading your last few posts xox

    ReplyDelete
  22. I did notice the power tools! I suppose you must use them when you can!!!
    Your blanket, (as I'm sure all of your comments today are saying!) Is AMAZING, it just looks beautiful,
    enjoy your week XXX

    ReplyDelete
  23. I Love Love Love your blanket! Just gorgeous! The pumpkins look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the pumpkin sculpture. The blanket is AMAZING really well done

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the pumpkin! Your blanket is gorgeous and I love the colours. I wish I could crochet!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Almost there on teh blankie I see. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your blanket, I have one on the go with white edging. It's going to be a throw for the sofa.
    Well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a gorgeous blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love, love, love your blanket too!!

    I want one. So gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just clicked through to you from Attic24, so pleased I did, if only to see the use of power tools in pumpkin carving!! Crikey!! That is some serious pumpkin activity, and the result is brilliant!

    Love too your crochet blanket. Good luck with the final two rows! I have also been bitten by the crochet bug, and totally agree with your comment to Lucy about the disappointing bit on crochet on Kirstie's Homemade Home. So dull!!

    Anyway, I'm going to have a snoop and see what else you've been up to!

    Have a lovely day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those pumpkins are PRICELESS.

    Oh though. Your blanket. I need a little lie down. Truly stunning x

    Thanks SO much for popping over to my place. It's lovely to 'meet' you as it were.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.