Wednesday 15 June 2011

June Outdoors .... oh, and a little indoors :0)

Hello Lovelies,
Thank you , thank you for all your great comments on my tutorial. So nice it seems helpful to quite a few of you :0)

Anyways , getting on with this post . .....I'm so taken with all the plants along the roadside verges this year. Whilst I'm driving about I'm constantly noticing so many stunning plants  at the moment.
 On my way to work there are some magnificent thistles in the central reservation ...hard to photograph though !!
Then there's dog daisies , buttercups and long grasses . I'm really awed by the beauty of it all  .

Replacing the frothy, frilly...almost bridal prettiness of the Cow Parsley I loved in May is the more structural ..........Hogweed .
Shame about the name but It's my favourite at the moment.......... I know that may seem rather odd  but there's something stunning about it's skeletal form that I'm loving this year ............


This stuff is big and looks pretty viewed like this , but my favourite way to photograph it is from below ...a bunnies eye view :0).........




I love the way you can see the individual flowers are made up of the same shaped round spokes as the whole flower head and the sun shining through the petals is so pretty.......

I know I'm not alone in loving these structural plants , do have a look a Angie Lewins stunning prints

Another favourite of mine at the moment has got to be the wild poppies. They are particularly abundant this year , and how appropriate as it's the 90'th year of the Poppy Appeal. From a distance they look amazing.......a red field ...wow !!.....


And in close up they are so pretty.........



Especially with some hog weed and a gorgeous sunny blue sky  .....



Yes I'm loving the bunnies eye view :0)
The out doors is so beautiful at this time of year  , it's great to capture it and share it with all of you lovelies around the world, especially those on  the wintry side .I know how much I enjoyed Sunny posts from the southern hemisphere during our winter .

Jacquie x

P.S. As the weather is so warm I've treated myself to a new ( charity shop ) dress.........


It's really pretty with lots of added sparkle ........


And I didn't even realise till I got it home that it's exactly the same shade of plum/ purple I'm using on my granny squares :0)

I hope you are getting chance to get close to nature this week .
Jacquie x

18 comments:

  1. Lovely pics of the Hogweed. I often admire it at the side of the road but had no idea of it's name.
    Gorgeous dress too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Jacquie :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blog! I'm into knitting and crochet at the moment, to add to all my other crafty things, so I will be following your adventures with great interest xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous photos. I love to see a field of poppies but haven't seen one for a couple of years now.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those flowers- they look so great on a sunny day and brighten up a gloomy one too.
    Lush dress. What a find!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos Jacquie, I LOVE structural plants so much. I am desperate to photograph a field of poppies but I can't actually find any that I can get to. I saw a fair few on the train on the way home but very tricky to make a train stop so you can take photos ...
    My grandma bought me a Collins Gem Wildflowers book for my birthday, I'm going to note the date and location in pencil when I find things. Like Goatsbeard!
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to agree that hog weed is lovely. - Stunning photo's x

    Leah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning photo's i love taking photos from below too.
    what a great find in the charity shop too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. so so so pretty dress!! I love it. The sparkles are wonderful and the coathanger (is that the word?) is a beauty too! Enjoy it all Jacquie,
    love, Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely photos and a fabulous frock!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jacquie your photos are absolutely stunning. Thank you so much for taking the time to photograph them and share with us. I'm especially appreciative of seeing those lovely fields filled with flowers and the sunshine. Warms me up on a cold winters day.
    You dress very pretty. Enjoy.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The poppies look friendly... I've always not liked them... maybe because the Wicked Witch of the West poisoned them once, lol... but beautiful photos Bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow you have taken amazing photo's so clear and detailed. I adore poppies such a beautiful flower. Love your dress so pretty and such a gorgeous pattern and color. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos of the wild flowers. I haven't noticed any poppies round here yet, but the ox eye daisies have gone berserk this year.
    Well done on your charity shop find, its lovely

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous dress, love that colour! Also those poppies just look amazing... I always think it is wonderful when a whole field takes on the colour of the flower like rapeseed or poppies, it's beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOh a new frock! Lovely! You'll have to make yourself a little crochet bag to match in the plum colour.

    Your photos are lovely, I like the bunny view of things. Everything must look very big and scary!

    I like the poppies - one of my favourites flowers, especially that last pic :)

    Jones x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Jacquie, what lovely blue, sky pics..........

    Just the tonic for some grey and gloomy Winter days......

    Great charity shop find too, your colour radar must be looked into plum at the moment, it's gorgeous.


    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.