Monday 9 April 2012

Easter at Home

It's been a pretty uneventful first week of the Easter holidays here. The weather has been wet and I had to work last week . But not this week, hurray.

Yesterday was one of those really nice at home days . We invited my lovely Mum in Law for lunch ( roast beef cooked in the slow cooker ...yummy ) and before the meal I enjoyed playing around picking a few blooms from the wet garden to make the table look pretty...........


I'm really enjoying having our dining table in the conservatory it's so lovely and light with more space than our dining room. I also added a meter of floral fabric from my stash added to my rather faded tartan tablecloth . Yesterday I even loved  the mismatched table wear. Can you see our rather chaotic Easter decorations on the tumble dryer ? ....


We had good fun gathering up random cuties to display under the Easter tree..........


Another thing that was making me happy was looking forward to sitting down with the May edition of country living this week ( May, now there's a month I really love)...........


It wouldn't be Easter for the boys without a few chocolate eggs , I just managed to capture these Smarties before they disappeared :0) ........





My Easter treat ( to myself ) was this rainbow pack of textured card. I'm really looking forward to using some of this in my next collage.........



I finished my second collage on Wednesday . It's A4 size like the first but this is a print I made into a greetings card. A couple of lovely bloggers made this great suggestion and I'm planning on making more to put in my shop when I get there........


I am rather thrilled with how this one turned out. I love the spotty jug and the bold background colour. Not to mention the cute chick and I'm really pleased with how the Daffodils turned out. I was a bit afraid of trying them . They are a much trickier shape than Tulips but after a bit of experimentation I finally got to a design I was happy with.

Of course I haven't given up with my crochet . These four circles are part of  my next quick project. More about that soon........


Today we have not been at home. It's been a very outdoors sort of day . An enjoyable family trip. I'll be back to tell you lovelies all about it tomorrow :0)
Jacquie x

18 comments:

  1. i sooooo enjoy your postings- always get excited when i see your post on my home page...always such happy- uplifting colours...its turned colder, damper and very gloooooomy here today!! but i have to be thankful for having a break in the sunny east coast...sounds like you've been enjoying family time and will enjoy having a week off x lovely crochet too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely sweet collage, it's so vibrant and lively

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that the 'new' copy of CL?? as they've used an old image from last year on the front cover- i know this as ive been scrap booking ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that card is amazing..i love your design..i would be really surprised if they didn't sell really well..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your collage, so cute :) Your Easter decorations look lovely too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh That card is lovely! I love the spotty vase. What'cha doing with those circle grannies?? I'll be back to see......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny to see those teeny little green and blue chicks! My husband brought me a pair of those as a surprise on Saturday! I love to watch your happy blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jacquie,
    What a beautiful easter table!
    I love your collage too.
    Now, tell us what those yummy circles are going to be?? ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi jaqui,
    your easter table looks wonderful.that card is gorgeous.like your crochet circles.
    have a nice day,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I do love the colors of your latest crochet project ~ cannot wait to see what you will do with them. And your collage is just lovely. I like the idea of the card size. I'm fairly new to your blog (from Attic24) but I do love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jacquie, I love your colorful collage!! What a great way to use up cardstock!! And your Easter table looks so fresh and springlike! Can't wait to see your crochet project :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! It is very similar in fact :) hehehe and I love yours :)
    Thank you so much Jacquie for your visit today :)
    Have a wonderful week!
    Angie
    www.lemondedesucrette.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. A girl can never have too much rainbow coloured card ( I say). I love dabbling in card making and such, but alas space is rather limited in my tiny cottage. I am admiring your creation though, plus those adorable granny circles- what are you planning?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Easter decorations are gorgeous Jacquie and so is your beautiful card, love the bunting on it!
    Like those little crochet circles too, wonder what they are going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bright colours of your crochet circles.

    Your collage card is great .... and yes I love the spotty jug too.

    Hope you had a lovely Easter.
    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh I love that card! I made a 'tullips in jug' card for my friend's birthday inspired by your last creation. But I did it in felt. It turned out quite well I think. Love the daffs, might have to try that as well!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.