just catching up with my two missing 52 weeks of happy posts.
Here are weeks 39 and 40 combined into one post. I haven't been great at capturing the small joys with my camera just lately , but looking through my photos I've found some records of moments that brought me smiles.
1. A late September barbecue with all the family. Despite all the glorious weather we have enjoyed this summer we haven't hosted many outdoor family get-togethers.
In fact this was only the second one ( the first being a birthday celebration back in May ). The fabulous weather a couple of weekends ago seemed like it was a special gift and I relished sitting watching everybody happily chatting or playing games in the golden Autumn sunlight.
2. My September garden. Somehow I also never got around to doing a Garden post last month, so here is a mosaic of the flowers that were looking lovely then ( most of them still are....including a few sweet peas...what a year it's been for my most favourite flower )
3. Travelling to my native Yorkshire for Yarndale and being treated to blue skys, lovely people and of course...lots of yarn :0)
4. Going home at the end of that day via Keighley, my old home town ....driving past many familiar sights including the cinema I used to visit as a child .
I saw lots of films here......."Star Wars" ( with my brother...he loved it ) , "E.T." (with my best friend.....I loved it) and "Grease" ( with a group of friends......we all loved it ) are the most memorable...........
and the old building looked lovely in the sunshine....I had never noticed it as a child....oh look, I just realised it's 100 years old this year :0)
5. Some cosy crochet in bed. The weather is still mild here at the moment, but the evenings are dark before seven pm. When I'm tired out after a long day at work I love to unwind with some quiet hooky time. Middle sons blanket, which has been a WIP for too long, is finally over half way there.........
6. The first weekend in October was another glorious treat. Thank you for all your really lovely comments on my previous post .
I just had to share this panorama from the top of Thorpe Cloud ( great name for a hill don't you think) ......It was taken by my eldest ..........what a view.
click on the image to see it more clearly
Ummmmm , that's only six happy things in two weeks.....I must try harder. I do hope your weeks have held some moments to make you smile and some time to slow down and really appreciate the small things.