Tuesday 1 October 2013

Yarndale 2013 :: the final part

Hello Lovelies,
the weather really was gorgeous on Saturday afternoon and with just under two hours still to enjoy before it was time to leave I happily headed out to explore . I took a different route through the park.........


Enjoying the solitude and dappled shade under the trees......

My Daffodil was wilting a bit by now but it had been a brilliant ice-breaker and I felt so happy to have met up with so many like minded lovelies.

It was wonderfully calm under the huge old  trees........


But I love to climb a hill and take in the view so I headed for the nearest one......


Gorgeous........


Back down the hill in the park the low autumn sun was lighting up the yarnwalk beautifully.....

This reminded me of a stained glass window.

I headed towards the canal and admired Lucy's duck on the waves once more....I just loved everything about this.........


I wandered along the side of the canal absorbing all the little details..........


Like the blue sky and the sunlight on the old stone buildings..........


The boat owners pottering about enjoying the warm weather and the smell of wood smoke in the air from a boat's chimney........


The interesting lettering skillfully hand painted on the side of the boats..........


the sound of narrow boats chugging past and the ripples they made in the water........


The wonderful golden light and the dancing reflections.........


The ice cream boat :0)


When I managed to tear myself away from the canal I was delighted to spot the Yarndale bus. This original London Transport bus took visitors from the train station up to the auction mart and back....look it's got bunting ! .....


and it says Yarndale on the side :0)


Further into town the market was in full swing and everywhere seemed very busy........


I headed for a little covered area of shops that Lucy introduced me to last year...........


There are some lovely shops here and I drooled over this dresser of gorgeousness.........

But the force was strong and I resisted ....it wasn't easy.

There is so much to see here that it was easy to distract myself. The castle is just at the top of the high street.....


This is the view from the entrance....you can just see the white roofs of the market stalls........


I turned up the hill looking for the back of the castle and ended up in the  castle woods. It's timeless natural  place is just minutes from the bustling high street ....amazing.......

I LOVED the dry stone wall covered in moss.

and the glimpses of the hills you could see over it.........


on the other side of the path was a pretty scary vertical drop.....


It was getting close to the time I had arranged to meet up with mum by now and I looked for a safe way down as I thought it would be the shortest route. Eventually I found some steps...steep steps


In the valley bottom it almost felt like the land that time forgot, with pools of water and prehistoric ferns .....


I was sorry to have to rush past most of it , just snapping a few pictures as I went........


Eventually I reached somewhere I recognized behind the castle........


There it is.........


I hurry along the canal-side and am again thrilled by the light and the reflections.........



I look at my watch...five minutes to spare, just time to have a super quick look at the puppet festival which is also in town. I loved this "Theatre" made out of a vintage caravan........


And this colourful tent..........


All too soon it was time to say goodbye to this lovely corner of the world.....



It really was a magical day I will treasure and remember for a long time.
Thank you Yarndale and all the lovely people I met.
Thank you to the weather gods for smiling on us.
and thank you lovelies for coming along for the journey :0)

Jacquie x

34 comments:

  1. What a pretty town this is! If I ever should find myself in North-Yorkshire (and I will, I want to see the moors and the dales and take my husband further up to Scotland!), I want to walk these streets and let the kids play in the park and visit the market.
    Looks like Yarndale was a huge success and enjoyed by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie, thank you, thank you, thank you for your three wonerful posts bringing Yarrndale to us.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for sharing this beautiful place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed every single moment!!! Thanks for sharing it with us. I am way across the pond in the US and have always wanted to visit England. I hope I can one day!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely post. We did a little more exploring on Sunday. What a great weekend. Happy memories, and so nice to have met such friendly people. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacquie...........wow! your posts have been an incredible read, it is quite the experience seeing Atticland through someone else's eyes. I kind of feel I actually don't need to write about Yarndale at all now as you have done it so perfectly for me...will just link to you!!! hahaa!!
    So. It was great to see you again, it was just TOO SHORT>>> Next time I'm going to arrange a Bloggers Meet as there were plenty of you there but at different times. I think it'd be great to do that? And I can force you to stay for hours and not minutes then. Come and stay over, make a weekend of it.
    Much love
    Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for taking the time to share Yarndale with us Jacquie, I so enjoyed seeing it all. Gosh the weather was so glorious, wasn't it? I had the pleasure of passing through Skipton during our summer holiday. I wasn't able to contact Lucy as I had no technology with me, but it was lovely to see the canal and wander along the pretty streets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see some of the scenery round and about, sounds and looks as though you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You managed to fit so much into your day! Thank you for taking us on your walk it looks a beautiful place to visit.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing all your lovely pictures. What a wonderful place! I'm so glad it was a success.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dear friend thank you for the walk just love it :)
    I´m having a giveaway just join in and make me a visit ...
    Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the tour! I'm in Texas, but with your wonderful pictures it felt like I was there! Maybe someday I'll make it across the pond... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful little town, it's no wonder Lucy has a skip in her step! Thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's nice to see a bit of the Yarndale from your target.
    Thanks for sharing!!

    Have a lovely time!

    Lluisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing adventure, thank you so much for sharing all of this with us, so we could all feel like we were a part of it.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your report has been wonderful and I so appreciate all the photos you have shared with those of us who couldn't be there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jacquie - Thank you so much for inviting me along with you to Yarndale through your blog and gorgeous pictures. I live in Tx and so enjoyed the journey. BTW your flower is to die for. It looked fabulous pinned to your sweater. Love your blog and check it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jacquie - Thank you so much for inviting me along with you to Yarndale through your blog and gorgeous pictures. I live in Tx and so enjoyed the journey. BTW your flower is to die for. It looked fabulous pinned to your sweater. Love your blog and check it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for part one! Thank you for part two!! Thank you for part three, Jacquie!!! Through your lens and narrative Yarndale was very special indeed :)
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful!!!!!
    thank you, xxxxx ale

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing your Yarndale adventures -your photos are awesome! I am headed over to the UK next September so I hope there will be a Yarndale 2 around the same time next year so I can attend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All I can say is WOW, I very much wish there were weekends like Yarndale where I live in Australia. The photos look amazing and so does the town of Skipton.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, what a beautiful end! You have had quite an experience at Yarndale ... Thanx for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous ... what a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely photos Jacquie; made me quite nostalgic 'cos although I've lived down South for 25 years I'm still a Northern lass at heart. I remember visiting Skipton Castle as a small child.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jacqui thank you so much for sharing these with us all. I am sad I couldn't go but feel that I shared it all with you. What a wonderful experience. Have a great week ahead Jacqui and thanks for a great post.
    Lots of love
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful day. It sounds like it was a great success. Only wish I lived nearer as it looks like a beautiful place to visit. Thanks for all the photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have loved your yarndale tale. Thanks so much! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you so much for sharing the trip to Yarndale. What an incredibly pretty part of the world, and so much history! Loved the narrow boats and the canal; the gardens; the castle and, the proximity to the countryside. Just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed the walk around Skipton :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh... What lovely pictures of the canal and woods. I'm envious that I didn't get round to seeing those parts of Skipton. I did get to those shops in the lovely indoor bit - did you see the hobbit door in there?!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a wonderful weekend you had. I would have loved to have been able to get there but Tennessee USA is a fair distance from Skipton UK and I don't fly. So I have to enjoy it through your post and through others. Thank you for taking so many photos and for doing these great posts.

    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.