Sunday 8 December 2013

♥52 Weeks of Happy♥ 49/52

Hello Lovelies , 
I hope you had a good week, we have been celebrating youngest's Eleventh birthday . Here are my happy things from the last seven days

1. Birthday decorating. Mum bought this card banner for the first "First Birthday Party" for my boys back in 2001. It's been used for every birthday since. It's a bit tatty now but I still love it.........


 My mum in law always bakes her grandchildren a cake .........

they are always delicious and really appreciated.

2. The December countryside. Many fields are freshly ploughed........


the hedgrows are bare as are most of the trees. But the Oaks alone still retain some golden brown leaves, making them stand out beautifully  in the landscape.......


3. The real Tom Tit visiting my coconut shell bird feeder :0) .........


4. Reflections at the park.
 Last Sunday we visited a little park I discovered back in October HERE.
Mr BM and I walked while our boys cycled...........


In October this gorgeous formal pond was empty , but this time it had been repaired and the fountain was working..........


I wandered around , loving the sound it made and the dancing ripples on the water.........


It was chilly and the water away from the fountain remained frozen.........


As we get ever closer to the shortest day and the midday sun barely rises above the tree tops the reflected sunlight on the water was like an extra treat.


Yesterday we held a family party for youngest. Afterwards I read THIS beautifully written post by Ada Bea , about what her perfect day would be. I had to read it a couple of times to fully understand it's subtle message. It brought a tear to my eyes and I'm still thinking about it now.

I'm so thankful for my health and the health of my family , and the simple, special times we spend together.
Jacquie x

24 comments:

  1. Your images are beautiful, Jacquie - such precious moments to look back on xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your son. Your pictures are beautiful, I loved seeing the bird at the feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scenes this week. Hope your boys had a great birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good week - the sun reflecting in the water is beautiful. We've had a couple of gorgeous bright Winter days here - it's been lovely being out watching the rugby x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. I hope your son had a great birthday. Your photo's gives us a nice look through the day.

    Love, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to a fellow December child! I bet he had a wonderful day, your photos are full of happiness and sunshine! I totally agree with your comments about Ada's post, I think we're all sharing one big virtual hug with her, aren't we? May this week be full of fun and inspiration, Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photo's and a very happy birthday to you're son xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for sharing Ada's post, have a lump in the throat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great week. Hope your son had a great day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always enjoy your happy posts and thank you for the link to Ada bea's post. We need to be grateful for what we have. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful photos. My biggest will be 11 next year. Hard to believe sometimes. I hope your littlest had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much Sweetheart, I've sat beside my mum today as she lay in her bed, talking about my childhood and all the fun things we have done together as a family. She's very frail now and I'm not sure she understands anything of what I'm saying but I love sitting with her. She eventually nodded off......think I must have bored her to sleep!!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. And of course, a happy birthday to your son, isn't it just fab to get together! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday to your little bunny rabbit (well, not so little at 11!). How lovely that you still use the same birthday banner. All lovely happies of course as always. The birds are making short work of your feeder I see! It was lovely of you to share the link to Ada's post. She wrote so beautifully didn't she, and it really does show the things worth being happy for. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you really appreciate all the blessings on your life Jacquie and its so well depicted through posts like this. Gorgeous photos of the outdoors and each precious year of birthdays to be cherished and celebrated xxx Penny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures Jacquie☺

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jacquie. Homemade cakes are the best; just makes you feel so loved. What kind did your mother-in-law make? Looks delicious!

    Always,
    Kimberly

    www.jandkalways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have gone to read your suggested blog post and loved it too.
    Happy Birthday to your boys. Twins?
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your walks. I read Ada's post too. We have to count our blessings. Merry Christmas from one Jacqui to another x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photos of a lovely things. We all have so much to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jacquie, Happy birthday to your son!!! Love Little Tom Tit!!!! A beautiful walk and lovely photos!!! Have a great day!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some wonderful 'Happy' photographs, how lucky of you to capture the real Tom Tit at your bird feeder. The December sun on the water is perfect. Happy birthday to your 11 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely happy things, Jacquie. We have a horrid shiny plastic birthday banner that we get out every birthday even though it's awful, as we are all quite attached to it! I too was moved by Ada's post and it made me stop and think. x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.