Sunday 22 December 2013

♥52 Weeks of Happy♥ 51/52

Hello Lovelies,
I hope this hectic week has been kind to you. December is flying along so speedily and we have now passed the winter solstice....here's to longer daylight hours.

  Here's my penultimate post about some of the small joys I have been blessed with over the last seven days.

1. A family boat trip to help celebrate my brother in law's  birthday last Sunday.........


It felt very different being on the river, rather than beside it. The weather was quite mild and we even saw a little watery winter sunshine...........


and lots of birds, including this cormorant silhouetted against the dramatic sky.........


It was very relaxing to potter along enjoying a chat and  a warn drink........

 watching the riverbank and the reflections.

2. Panettone for lunch yesterday.
Ooooh, this was yummy...so sweet, soft and citrusy. I may have accidentally eaten almost all of it myself...ooops.


3. Sunshine on my dresser.
I still love my Welsh dresser . It's in a dark corner of my dining room so it's hard to get a decent photo of it. But at this time of year, in the middle of the day, the low sun shines right into that dark corner..........


And I'm so pleased as there are things on it's shelves that are making me very happy right now.

The first is a thrifted jug I found this week. The colours of it's sweet rose design looked festive to me.
Next to it stands a handmade Christmas card , painted by my Youngest. I think it's gorgeous and I had to smile when I saw that his teacher had photographed and reduced his original artwork....just like I did with mine...........


4. Another special Christmas card  ..........


 I opened this card, from a friend at work , yesterday morning and it was such a surprise.
 You see it's of a place that was immediately recognisable to me. It's the village when I grew up.

I'm pretty sure my friend just chose the card because she loved it......as do I......but the image it even more special to me because of my connection to it's setting. You can see my pictures of Haworth HERE.( it's a long post )

The artist is Susan Ridyard and you can see more of here work HERE Her site also says this card is for sale in "The Works" .

This lovely painting makes a pretty place look even nicer than reality. You can click on the image to make it bigger.

I love all the little details like the smoke from the chimneys and the icicles. The light in the windows , the wonderful moonlit sky and all the sweet people. 

 I'm sure I'll be keeping these cards , putting them safely away with the Christmas decorations , to be enjoyed in future years.

Since I'm working tomorrow and Christmas eve I'll take the opportunity now to send you lovelies the warmest of Christmas wishes. Wishing you a happy time with those you love.

Jacquie x

34 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful card, have a lovely Christmas! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to receive that card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas Jacquie!
    I just wanted to thank you for following me, you have sent a lot of lovely people my way xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, happy things Jacquie! One week to go to 52! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures wiahing you and the family a wonder filled Chrstmas.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very Happy Christmas to you and yours.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post, have a very happy Christmas. I look forward to following your blog next year. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. All so very lovely as always! Happy Christmas to you and yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely pics, thank you for sharing. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas, and every blessing in 2014! Thank you for another year of sharing your life with us all, big hugs, Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you all have a lovely Christmas. Lily, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of it. I also like the sunshine when it arrives on my dresser, cedar chest, table and shelves. It makes for nice photos especially through lace curtains. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Christmas! Hope you have a great time with your family. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The boat trip looks lovely - great memories for everyone to treasure no doubt. The cormorant photo is stunning. I saw a handful of them today at Slimbridge, they're lovely. Your Welsh dresser is beautiful, a really special place to display all your treasures. The cards are great, so nice when they really mean something. I hope you all have a good Christmas and a very happy New Year. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for sharing your lovelies, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading them and your dresser of loveliness is beautiful no wonder it makes you happy. Take care and have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely happies and the card is beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oo yum! Panettone:) The card is lovely-what a beautiful place to grow up. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jacquie what a wonderful post, thank you - what really delighted me was the news that you came from Haworth which is one of my most favourite places on earth. I have visited so many times and always loved going and staying there. It is a magical place with fabulous people - it will always be linked with you now Jacquie. I have loved reading your posts since starting blogging and you have been inspirational to me. Have a perfectly lovely time Jacquie and see you soon.
    Big Christmas hugs to you and your family
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That details and perspective in that card remind me so much of your work. So cheerful and full!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Buon Natale/Merry Christmas to you and your family, Jacquie !!!!
    ….I love Panettone, too….if you wish, I can send you a recipe for a sweet cream to add on your slices!!!! ;oD
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely post - the xards are beautiful and I love the dresser. Wishing you all a lovely Christnas. I have really enjoyed your Happy weeks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Merry Christmas, Jacquie!
    And thanks for sharing one year more!
    Kisses from Catalonia!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Christmas, Jacquie! What a lovely card and souvenir of the village where you grew up. That's really worth framing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Christmas to you too, and thank you for your lovely 'blogging'!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you and Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Jacquie
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Have loved your photos and sharing your artworks, blankets and - well basically - everything.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yum, I love Panetone and makes me think of childhood Christmas mornings. :-) Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That looks a very happy and hectic week. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Jacquie .....Merry Christmas and warm wishes for 2014.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Jacquie! Merry Christmas to you and your family! :)

    Always,
    Kimberly

    www.jandkalways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a lovely card, so special to you too.
    Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card. I have a lovely one of Father Christmas, given to me years ago which I framed and now he comes out every year with the decorations so I enjoy it again each year! Have a lovely Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wishing you and yours Jacquie a magical Christmas time...Merry Merry Christmas!

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.