Saturday 28 December 2013

♥52 Weeks of Happy♥ 52/52

 Hello Lovelies,
I've reached the final week of my "happy" posts . Some weeks it's been harder than others to feel happy, but concentrating on the positives and the little things that made me smile has been a good thing.
Here are my simple pleasures from this Christmas week

1. Christmas Eve sparkle. This photo was taken in the early hours of the 25th. After all our guests had gone home and just the fairy lights remained on. Everything looked twinkly and for the first time in that busy day I had time to  stop and relish that special feeling of anticipation.....before collapsing into bed exhausted.....


2. Home made gifts. The stripes I shared a few  weeks ago turned onto a hot water bottle cover for one of my boys. I had hoped to make three of these , but in the end I only had time to make one this year.........


3. Christmas day fresh air.
A sunny walk with my eldest late morning .......




There was still a little frost in the shadows but the sun was quite warm .........


I loved the greenery in the church porch............


4. Christmas day with family. Once again my brother and sister in law ( helped by my mum in law) produced a wonderful dinner , this year seventeen of us sat down together. We so appreciate all their hard work and and I love all the handmade touches, like the place cards made by my niece..........


It was a simply lovely day and it seems the perfect ending to these posts.

I do hope you have enjoyed them and thank you for all the comments you have left me throughout the year.They are a very happy thing in my days.

I'm looking forward to another year of blogging in 2014 , but before we get there I'm going to share some of the best bits of 2013 again .
Looking back through my photos taken this year, and choosing the nicest,  has been most enjoyable .
 First up tomorrow  is " a year of flowers". I do hope you will pop back and join me in some floral admiration.
Jacquie x

27 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Christmas you have had, hope you are now getting a bit of time to relax after all that busy-ness!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive loved your year of happiness xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about your upcoming "Looking-Back Photos of 2013". Hopefully there will be a post about your drawings for 2013. I have enjoyed them so much....still sitting here with my colored pencils working on a few myself. You have been my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your lovely, positive and inspirational posts throughout 2013, Jacquie! I look forward to visiting you during 2014! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Jacquie for sharing your pictures of Christmas Week with us. Looking forward to your Looking Back.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jacquie you are always so positive - and I know that must have been hard sometimes but you always manage to inject such a happy note in your posts. Glad you have had a lovely Christmas - now put your feet up! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your '52 Weeks of Happy' posts Jacquie.......not sure I could've stayed the course.
    So nice to look back and be reminded of the big and the small things........

    Claire Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice view of your Merry Christmas. I wish you a lot of joy and inspiration in 2014. And please keep sharing your ideas, inspiration and creativity with us.

    Love, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a lovely week Jacquie. I can't quite believe that it was almost a year ago that we committed to these weekly posts, where has the time gone?
    Wonderful that you had a sunny Christmas day, we had hail, wind and rain! I was hoping to making a hotty cover too, but alas time slipped away. I think your son will love this as a childhood memory when he is older. Have a great week ahead and look forward to your reflections on 2013 xox Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love reading your blog all the time.
    Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely week. Love the northern light. Just beautiful.
    thanks for sharing your year of Happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hermosos tus trabajos, te sigo desde Argentina.
    Muy Feliz 2014 para tí!
    Un abrazo.
    Alejandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely,lovely pictures of such a special week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've really enjoyed seeing your happies, Jacquie. This has been a fun project. I'll be posting my last installment on Monday, most likely. I can't believe I did this every week for a year! It was so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely pictures again - and thanks for keeping up with hard work and sharing your 52 weeks - I know I could never have been that diligent. Wishing you a happy 2014. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh such wonderful photos again. Being with friends and family at Christmas time is the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've enjoyed your happy posts and wish you a happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It has been lovely reading your happy posts. Your Christmas looks like it was special. Best wishes for 2014

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks as though you all had a fantastic time. So glad you enjoyed your Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely Jacquie you have been such a delight this year and I am so glad that I found your wonderful blog as you have inspired me. Have a wonderful time and I look forward to your catchups starting tomorrow.
    Big Happy New Year Hugs
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with lots of happies. I've loved reading these happy posts
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have a fantastic 2014. Looking forward to your blog posts in the new year. X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your weeks of happy have been tremendous and thank you for making them. I will look forward to your best photo's of 2013, especially as I am quite a new follower to your wonderful blog.

    Thanks for sharing this weeks happy photo's and a very Happy New Year to you x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such lovely happies and I will certainly be following your review of 2013. I hope that you have a wonderful year of happy things in 2014! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think it's absolutely brilliant that you kept these posts going through all 52 weeks. I've loved reading them! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas :)
    Jones x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have really enjoyed reading your 'happy' posts - sometimes they have cheered me up when I've felt a bit grumpy! I do hope you are going to carry on in 2014. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.