Tuesday 30 September 2014

Yarndale and Yorkshire :: part 1

Hello Lovelies,
Here's my fist post about my Yarndale experience this year......once again it's hard to put into words the special atmosphere of this wonderful event, but I will try.

I'm going to  include almost all the  pictures I took ....and I took a lot, as I know many of you would have loved to have attended but couldn't. 

On Saturday Mum and I left home at eight in the morning, the journey was trouble free but it was still after eleven by the time we arrived. Like last year mum dropped me off and headed off to do her own thing for the day. 
Unlike last year, this visit I had made firm plans to meet up with bloggy friends....people I knew would be lovely, but who I had not actually met ( well momentarily maybe ) before.

Coopers cafe was looking extra pretty with it's flowers painted on the glass and bunting hanging above the window ............


I was meeting up with a friend who I first met at last years Yarndale festival (right at the end of THIS post),we now chat  regularly via e.mail. Jo had her sweet teenage daughter with her.
I had also arranged to meet up with Jones her little family, we had missed each other last year and didn't want to make the same mistake again.

Coopers was very busy, but after some musical chairs we all managed to sit around the same table and chat happily. Phew.......I knew it would be great, but I still felt a bit anxious beforehand.

We all enjoyed a treat, mine was Parkin and some beautiful loose leaf tea served in the cutest red teapot...........


then, feeling refreshed we climbed the stairs, past the pretty little window on the landing..............


Where we saw the first teeny tiny bit of yarn :0)................


Of course we were heading for the studio..............


where yarn is abundant and beautifully displayed...............


and made into the most wonderfully happy, creative and colourful things............



There are old favourites to swoon over...........


and new designs to marvel at.............




The prettiest mandalas hanging on the simple white walls..............


and so many wonderful small details that we spent the whole time saying " oh-look at this"........



I was a rather entranced by Lucy's magnetic memo board this year.......remember when she made it HERE?

The pictures and postcards were gorgeous, and what a great way to enjoy them...............

I'm keen to try and and do something similar myself.


This gorgeous embroidered hoop also caught my eye............

the quote is by Henri Matisse........"Creativity takes courage"............perfect.

We chatted happily with Tracy and friends, laughing easily and  admiring the beautiful creations on display. Eventually managed to tear ourselves away and headed for the start of the yarn walk.

The first yarn bombing we spotted was one of Lucy's gorgeous signs pointing across the canal bridge...........


Hello again canal............


Then there was another on the park gates............


It's a beautiful stroll through the park and all the colourful yarny creations looked so jolly in this setting..............



We loved all the crochet Lamp post "leg warmers" and the bikes created by local school children with the yarndale teams guidance.............


Who could fail to smile at all this happy creativity..............


I'm sure the children who helped make them were thrilled to see them being admired by folk from near and far................


This year much of the crochet had added details which made it extra special...........


I loved this mini bunting so beautifully made..............


and was surprised by just how many bikes had been created.........about twelve in total I think...............


We all loved this underwater ripple with fish and button bubbles...............


Oh look another sign..............

This one was my favourite.

and another lovely lamp sock, this one had birds...............


and flowers.................


We were getting near to the top of the park now.........this was the final sign I saw...........


But the lamp posts carried on.....all different and all gorgeous..............


This was the final lamp post and I think the yarn bombing team saved the best for last.........this one really had impact with it's solid stripes and falling autumn leaves...........wow............


Phew , I need to stop writing now.
I do hope you will forgive me for stopping at this stage.


Personally I love  Coopers, The Studio and the Yarn Walk just as much as the actual show in the auction mart. I was a very happy Jacquie at this point in the day, and the rest did not disappoint.

I'll write part two just as soon as I get the chance, promise.
Jacquie x

38 comments:

  1. oh thanks for sharing ! I could'nt go to the Yarndale .... too far ! Have a nice day with your souvenirs !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this virtual lovely tour! he Yarndale is very far from Sicily.......sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jacquie, for all the lovely photos, so much to see! :)
    Looking forward to the next installment!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, a feast for my eyes and soul. I had planned to go but a family emergency made it impossible. Next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your warm and colourful report, I look forward to part two!
    Greetings from Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to see everything in such detail for us unlucky ones who couldn't make it! Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was there but went in by the back entrance and never got to see any of the yarn bombing. Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous and thankyou for sharing, wonderful pictures ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohmigoodness it looks fabulous. I LOVE those bikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A brilliant post, it's like I've written it myself....this was exactly the same as my experience fo Yarndale this year. Coopers and the tea pots, the inspirational studio and the wow factor of the yarn walk. I loved it all. (I swapped your parkin for rocky road though!!!). Looking forward to your next update x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post thank you for sharing your visit, I'd love to go but it's just too far. I'm looking forward to your next instalment
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW..is amazing...thanks for sharing with us....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, there's my lamp-post (the first one, with little granny squares)! The yarn-bombing was amazing as, indeed, was the whole Yarndale experience.

    Aisha
    www.cosyrosie.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lot of work has gone in to this event and you haven't even entered the building yet!! Love the lamp posts and the last one looks wonderful with the Autumn leaves...... Perfect day to catch up with some bloggy friends and I love the canal pic with the long boats.
    Look forward to the next instalment......Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, it's all soooo lovely! Thanks so much for sharing lots of photos, especially for us across the pond that couldn't make it! I truly look forward to the next installment. :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos .... and I love all that colour!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi , my second year at yarn dale but yet again no time to see all the delightful yarn bombing . it was full on at my stand , and so much fun. so thanks for the pics - look forward to seeing the rest and seeing what else i missed! grandma jo thespannerworks x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing your photos with everyone. I would love to go to Yarndale but it is too far away so your photos take me there instead.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, the lamp posts look amazing, so sad I live so far away:(( but your blog and pictures sure make up for it, look forward to next post.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maybe I'll go next year - I do love Skipton.
    Great photos and colours too. Maybe I'll have learned to crochet by then!
    S x

    ReplyDelete
  21. How lovely! Wish I could've been there, but your photos and words are a great consolation :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for sharing. As I couldn't be there, it really is like taking the walk yourself :) Can't wait for the next instalments :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you very much, with pleasure I read and saw pictures.
    I'm very sorry that I couldn't come.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, thanks for these great pics, so many lovely items!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How brilliant that you got to visit with your bloggy chums. What a great day you had xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful, I'd love to visit the studio, it's so full of creativity and inspiration. I love that last lamp post as well, stunning. So much effort has gone into making the whole event perfect, it's most impressive. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you Jacquie, what a treat - those of us far away can drool over your pics! :-D Can't wait for Part II !

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much for sharing your photos. I so wish I could go some day. All the color and creativity is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are SO lucky to be able to attend. Here I am in Oregon and just have to settle for seeing the photos, so thank you for sharing with those of us who are too far away to join in the yarny fun.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a wonderful start to your day!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your photos are great, I really need to make the effort & attend Yarndale next year!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning colors! That last lamp post is so good...such great color inspiration for a cozy Autumn through...the addition of the leaves really makes it pop! I really enjoyed the photos of the studio as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely post, an array of colour.
    How fabulous are those lamp posts-fantastic and fun.
    Looking forward to part 2
    helen

    ReplyDelete
  34. Jacquie, thank you so much for taking the time to share these lovely views with us. I've been eager to see pics, and they do not disappoint! Such inspiring creativity. Cooper's and The Studio would definitely be on my 'must-see' list if I lived anywhere within distance. Patiently waiting for the next installment!

    Sharon in Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'd love to go to Yarndale- it looks so colourful. Maybe next year...Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  36. So fab thanks for sharing it with us :0)
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! It has always been a dream of mine to visit England! And now, I have even more reason to go. One day, I hope to be able to realize my dream, and even see this fabulous event!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello! Little Man is sleeping so I'm stealing time with a cuppa to read your Yarndale posts. I know I was there with you but it's just wonderful to see all the pictures you took and hear what you thought about the day. I too was nervous to meet up! But needn't have been, it was like we had met up many times before :)
    Jones x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.