Monday 31 August 2015

A Late Summer Evening

Hello Lovelies,
this past week I've been walking every evening, accompanied by Mr BM. This pleases me greatly.
After many years of having to go out individually if the boys were not involved it seems like a real luxury to walk as a couple again.

We walk straight from home and are soon in the countryside ( this pleases me greatly too....I'm very lucky to live where I do )

Thursday evenings walk was particularly photogenic. The evening sunshine made this rabbits ears glow.........


And the straw coloured countryside had an orange hue............


The bales made super long shadows................


And the horses enjoyed the still warmth.........


I love the silhouettes of the Hog Weed skeletons.......


It really was a most pleasant evening to be out and about. And yet, on footpaths close to our large neighbourhood, we saw not a soul.......


Soon the moon was rising.......


and the geese were flying off somewhere new...........


The sun  set by 8pm. There will not be many more weeks when we can get out in the countryside in the evening..........


I'm so happy we are making the most of the daylight and the warmth..........


Back on the local streets we realised something else............


It was not late and the boys would be fine if we stopped at the local pub, for a drink........


Also enjoyed outdoors....it tasted so good :0)

Jacquie x

20 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful stroll, no wonder you are excited about where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous photos, such a beautiful sunset, and I love the rabbit and the straw bales in the warm evening light. It's so nice to live within walking distance of the countryside isn't it. It's something we're lucky enough to have now, and I appreciate it so much after years in the city, miles away from fields and hedgerows. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous light in your pictures - and really quite exciting to find that wee bit of freedom to have a drink in the evening sunshine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What brilliant pictures. Amazing photo of the rabbit.

    It's quite sad when the evenings draw in but we do get some lovely skies at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real bunny for bunny mummy! Lovely shots in soft lighting. Such a beautiful time of the year when September is on our doorsteps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. You have a lovely spot for stroll. I'm glad that you are able to get out with your husband. I remember when our children were finally old enough to be left alone. What a sense of freedom! I hope you enjoy the last days of summer.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely time for sure! Funny, I took a few snapshots of bunnies recently too, three tiny wild baby bunnies spotted while strolling at my dad's, in his yard of all places where his dog roams freely. They were in a small depression from where an old stump had been AND had recently been mowed. I haven't a clue how they survived that?! So cute, they twitched each time they heard the shutter click on my camera. That shot of the moon with the white horse looks straight out of a fairytale. The light is getting shorter, I'll shall miss the long days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you and hubby to spend time together doing something you love. I enjoyed all the photos. I posted pix of our state fair we went to on friday. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stroll during your couple time. Me and mine are trying to figure out which weekend to get away for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely way to go for an evening walk!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your part of the world looks particularly lovely at that time of the evening. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hues are amazing. Andy and I used to walk lots but like you our children need one of us to be in - I am looking forward to a time when we can walk together again. I am still in crocheting though at the moment!! made a nice shrug - You would like it and it can be whipped up in no time.
    http://joeveryday19.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/navy-shrug.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, a lovely walk with your man, nothing better eh ☺☺ Lovely photo's and did enjoy this walk of yours and a big nod to the lovely beer too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. It does look so idyllic and how perfect to get to walk with your love, and have a time just to be together as a couple and enjoy one another. Beautiful photos of a beautiful place, thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that's the perfect end to a golden walk! If there was a pub nearby to my walk that's exactly where I would head too :-D Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.