Wednesday 2 November 2011

Baby Ripple Ta-dah

Hello Lovelies ,
I felt so lucky when I peeped through  the bedroom curtains this morning ...sunshine and blue skys....perfect weather for my day off. I've been desperate to take some photo's of the beautiful Autumn colour we are enjoying at the moment . And of course  I was also eager to take some pictures of my latest finished object. I've been so enjoying being part of the Ripple-along arranged by  lovely....Attic24 and Little Tin Bird. So here is my latest finished object..............



Ooooooooooh look at all those colourful neat ripples. I love how this project turned out. These pictures really made me smile :0)I think it's funny how you see a project through new eyes when you look at photos of it...or is that just me ?


I'm now thinking I should have gone for a bigger project as this was so enjoyable and I was a little sad it was finished so quickly..............




 As I mentioned before I have not had a good relationship with the ripple in the past. Indeed there were a few moments during this project I got rather frustrated . Having to pull back a couple of rows at one stage. All the way through I seemed to miss count regularly but at least I worked out how to spot my errors sooner so there were only small amounts to pull back.



It's a baby blanket and the finished size is 28" by 32" ( 71 cm by 81 cm) A good size to use in a pushchair or for nap time. ......



I only used one pink....raspberry ....so I think it would work well for a boy or a girl.........



I love the way ripples don't have a back or a front. Both side are slightly different but I like both the effect of a slight ridge in the centre of the ripple .....



As much as the other side with a slight ridge at the edge of each ripple........



I copied Heathers method of starting her edge with two stitches in the end of each row.............




 I also straightened up the two ends by making longer stitches in the bottom of the waves and short ones on the tops of the waves.
ie double crochets ( U.K. trebles )  , then half doubles (U.K.  half trebles) then single crochets ( U.K. doubles ) ..........



I then did a further round of U.S. half doubles and finished off with a pretty picot edging in red.
Here are the colours I used...all Stylecraft special DK.......



Top row L-R lemon,saffron,lipstick,meadow,fondant,aster
Bottom row L-R raspberry,turquoise,spring green,grape,apricot,lavender,cloud blue and shrimp.


I loved working with these bright happy colours but I'm not sure what to do with this blanket now it is finished ...save it till somebody I know has a baby ....or maybe I could sell it ?! Now that would be a first :0)

I'll leave you with some leaves ( no pun intended ) I snapped today...the trees around here are just fabulous at the moment.......



















Ahhhhhhh, isn't mother nature wonderful . Today was the most perfect Autumn day and I'm so glad I was able to get outside and enjoy it . Being able to share  these photos with you lovelies makes  me appreciate it all the more.
Hope you are finding things to cheer you this week.
Jacquie x

51 comments:

  1. Oh My. Your blanket is just divine. Thanks for sharing the straightening up method. Your autumn shots are beautiful. Makes me homesick. I miss the colours of a northern hemisphere autumn.
    I think I will be ordering myself some Specialcraft DK from the northern hemisphere too. The range of colours is incredible.
    Carmel
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish! The colours look fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your methods with us, it is a beautiful rug..and the pics of Autumn are just lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that ripply gorgeousness!! I adore your blanket. And those autumnal pics - stunning. We are in Spring over here so I'm loving seeing lots of Autumn pics on my fave blogs! I am also in the midst of ripple-love - I finally caved and gave it a go. It's very addictive isn't it? Have a fab week hon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the ripple blanket is fantastic Jacquie! It made me smile too... whichever baby gets it is going to be very, very lucky....:)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I was wondering about that edge! Good idea and will try it. Your blanket looks very nice.
    After a weeklong break from my Rebellious Ripple, I am now ready to continue on the road to Recovery...

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOw - it looks amazing!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful, love the colour combinations you've used. I would keep it and put it on the back of a chair or something. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blanket is lovely and you pics are fab too. Can't wait to see your next creation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ripple blanket is just fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous, beautiful, bright burst of colour.......just what I needed to see on a very dark and dull morning! Thank you!

    Beautiful....really beautiful!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Vanessa xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blanket has really brightened up a really gloomy morning here in Shropshire. Thank you. It's beautiful.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Only one word: fabulous!!

    Please contact me here go.bunt@gmx.de
    I have a little question... :o)

    xoxo
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colours, it´s fabulous!!!!

    Greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely blanket! The colours; so bright and cheerful...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I just love your colourful ripple! Look at the sun shining through it when was pegged up on the line - so bright and cheery, gorgeous! I'm not very good at counting stitches so not sure I will be giving a ripple a go anytime too soon, but well done for persevering with yours, it's absolutely beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Ripple! The picot border finishes it off so nicely. Love the colors. You should sell it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So gorgeous! I love the colours you chose. It was great to see how you used the Lemon and Spring Green, I'm always a bit afraid of them, but they look fab! It will be a very lucky baby to be snuggled up in that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your ripple blanket is just amazing!! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i really love your blanket and those beautiful countryside images ;0) mother nature is the best!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hola. Te ha quedado preciosa y los colores son encantadores.
    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your ripple blanket is gorgeous, the colours lovely. Sigh. One day I'll progress to more than a granny square. :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely blanket and I really like your edging, it finishes it off beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really beautiful blanket, stunning colors & the edging is so nice, a lovely finish
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Blanket looks gorgeous :)

    I also love the towpath pic - what a wonderful place to walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely blanket! And so fast! I haven't heard of that straightening method for the edges - thanks for the link.
    Caz :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh!!!Te ha quedado todo precioso!!! Me encanta!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh what a beautiful thing. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous! Love the colours! Stylecraft is great, isn't it, although some of my balls have knots in them, grrr. Love how you've edged it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your ripple blanket! So colourful and happy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous! Can't wait to get my hands on some Stylecraft someday! The pics are great so I can only imagine what it looks like in person. Good job! Cheers! ~M

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really love your blanket I have always wanted to edge my ripples so this is a great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. My goodness, that was fast! I adore the wonderful rich colors you used. Spectacular. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely ripple, loving your colour choice for this one.

    You really have captured the intensity of this ears autumnal scenes, the sunshine has been so welcome so late in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Jacquie it is amazing! Such lovely neat ripples and the colours are fab. I particularly like the orange colour, ooh I love orange, I've been looking out for an orange just like that.

    It's lovely when you get a crisp autumn day isn't it. I'm hoping it will be nice this weekend will be good, I fancy a walk in the park and some camera time.

    Lovely pumpkins btw on your previous post :)

    Jones x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely photos and your blanket is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Just found you, no idea how it took me so long! What a colourful post ... that cute blanket and all those magnificent trees dressed in their autumn gowns ... delightful :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. beautiful ta-dah!! i appreciate you posting about how you finished it off...will be giving that a go!

    ReplyDelete
  39. The blanket looks gorgeous now it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Jacquie it's lovely! You've done a great job. Im glad you enjoyed it, and thank you for joining in :-)
    xx Heather

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love your blanket, especially the edging! Thank you for sharing how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  42. There is something delish about the Stylecraft DK for baby blankies, I rippling away on mine and loving doing it, I think the edging is brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  43. I made a baby ripple a couple of weeks ago, and I know what you mean I was quite sorry when I finished it, so I'm sure I have another one in me! It's funny that despite using some of the same colours, they can look totally different just with a few different colours in the mix. Your blanket is gorgeous and your autumn pics are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I really like your edging. I've been trying to decide how to edge my ripple (when I get that far) and I think I may just copy you!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love your ripple and blog...soooo colorful...everything is so exciting to see

    ReplyDelete
  46. Gorgeous colours and your photos are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Jacquie,

    I'm one of the Editors at http://www.allfreecrochetafghanpatterns.com/ and I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your site. I think it's a great website with plenty of projects that our readers will just love to make.

    We would love to add some of your projects to our site, so feel free to let us know as you add or create projects. We are always looking for afghan projects as well as other projects so if you have any of these please feel free to send them my way or let us know if you prefer we not link to you. We also feature projects from our website on our blogs, eBooks and e-mail newsletters.

    Your projects are great and we know our readers will enjoy it. With that said, can we have permission to link to any project on your site as well as use the image? This will easily bring traffic to your site and allow others to see what's new on your site. We will credit you, of course.

    Thanks!
    Jenny
    jbenoit@primecp.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Jacquie,
    Your blanket turned out very beautiful. I especially like what you did with the border. What a lucky little baby!!

    I will soon start on another ripple blanket, except mine will be in just two colors, like yours, it will also be a baby blanket.

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi! I love your blog, and your ripple blanket is absolutely gorgeous! I'm currently working on a ripple blanket for my four month old son! Can you please describe better how you did the border? Im used to US terms, but I'm a little confused on how you did it... and on the sides, did you ch 1 between clusters????

    ReplyDelete
  50. This looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.