Wednesday 22 October 2014

Gathering Leaves

Hello Lovelies,
Thank you so much for your kind comments on my previous post....I loved reading them all.

Here's a little seasonal, non-yarny, project I enjoyed making at the weekend.

On Sunday Mr BM and I went for an afternoon walk. It was great to enjoy the warm sunshine together, but I had another reason to get outdoors.
I needed to gather some leaves

First I spotted Cherry leaves on the pavement..........


then Maple leaves at the edge of the golf course...............


Sweet Chestnut leaves along the footpath..............


we walked along field edges..........


through trees and back past the farm...............


...where sheep and cattle munched happily on the lush grass.........and the colourful trees made a beautiful backdrop.............


Nearly home now, just time to pick up a couple of lovely heart shaped Lime leaves............


when I got home I tipped out my haul on the table...........



 What a wonderfully colourful collection...............


And why had I decided to collect this lovely lot of leaves? Well, I needed them as a frame.

A beautiful, Autumnal frame, for a quote I found on-line HERE. I wrote out in my bestest handwriting, on a couple of sheets of A4, and coloured it in.

Here it is

Ta-Dah................

 
 Autumn is a second spring, when every leaf is a flower. 

It's such a sweet sentiment that I thought it deserved a colourful border of Autumn's "flowers".

This was such a quick and easy project,and I'm very happy with how it turned out. It makes me smile.

Want to see behind the scenes?

There you go :0)

I put the arrangement on a large tray and carried it around the house to find the best light.

Right now it's on the table in the conservatory and it looks like this............

where it's still making me smile.

This little project was inspired by the fabulous Katie Daisy, who Heather introduced me to last year.
and Phillipa Stantons amazing table arrangements, who Lucy linked to on her facebook page last week......I'm in love.

Thank you to the wonderful people of blogland...you brighten my days more than I can say.
Jacquie x

21 comments:

  1. Fabulous colours!! I saw this the other day... a great leaf idea I thought maybe you will too... http://sistersknowbest.com/2014/10/11/nicole-dukes-easy-free-diy-fall-decoration/
    Smiles Cass x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous little project! You always have great ideas :O)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful display... i love http://www.5ftinf.blogspot.co.uk/ table displays... really inspiring ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's is such a beautiful display, the colours are so warming!X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photos...the colors really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty - what a lovely idea!!! Thanks, too, for the link. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful!! I too was inspired from Lucy's link and did something similar the other day, (posted on Flickr) as well as one from last year but with wooly treasures (can be found in my album-crochet misc. on there).Thank you for the "visit" yesterday. Computer gremlins at work (or this with post more than once).lol Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely idea. I love the colour of autumn and we still have quite a few leaves on the tres at the moment.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful autumnal colours and a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You collected some gorgeous leaves - I must collect some myself, as none of the leaves drifting in piles outside my door are as bright as yours :) Your little project is very vibrant and pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful leaves and that's a great quote
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Fall is Heaven on earth to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! And you could probably frame those close-up photos of your artwork.
    S x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful, and those colours are sensational. Every hot shade under the sun. I particularly love cherry leaves, I always look out for them. Wonderful. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. All I can say is WOW.. what an evocative image!! I am very inspired by what you've done. Makes me want to go out and find some leaves, berries and nuts.. and my calligraphy pen and watercolors! But it's dark now.. lol.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful rich colours and a really fun project :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those look really lovely - and beautifully photographed!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like that, it looks like a beautiful painting of leaves.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.