Thursday 29 December 2016

Winter Beauty

Hello lovelies,
yesterday morning I was woken by hubby and informed that we had neglected to put the wheely bin out for collection ( The Christmas holidays had changed our regular collection day).
At first I was a bit miffed to be woken, but then I remembered I had been asleep since 9.30pm the previous evening ( it seems a full day at work completely tires me out these days) 


I was much happier about being awake when I realised it was clear and frosty out.


After a quick and warming porridge breakfast I wrapped up and headed out for a walk.


I loved the pink tinged sky.


and the sugar coated world.


 You must be almost as familiar with this view as I am these days. I hope it's not a bore. For me there is always something new to see and I do try to capture that for you too.






 I loved the first rays of the day just reaching across the field here.


Hello Mr Blackbird.


The wintry foliage always look pretty when it's frosty.






A little further along the sun was getting higher.


This small seasonal pond was frozen.


So I broke the ice for the birds... and because it's fun:0)


It was beautifully still, such a joy after the windy days we have just endured. A day to potter around enjoying the wintry beauty.






 At my favourite church the low sun was making the stone look beautifully warm.


And a few brave flowers were blooming on the graves.



As usual I was trying to take photos of birds, without a great deal of success.

 This is  Blue tit's underside.

And I presume this hole was made by a woodpecker, though I have never seen it.


Just as I neared home I heard the brave Robin that lives at the top of the road singing sweetly. Awww. Thank you so much for posing for me once again you lovely chap.


I do worry about the decline in our wild birds and always put suitable food out for them. There's a helpful list of suggestions for things you may otherwise waste HERE.

This year I have also  decided to join our local Wildlife trust. The membership pack was waiting for me when I got home.


 It's a very modest monthly subscription  , but I hope it goes towards protecting struggling species. If we can only find ways to give nature a chance it will help preserve precious ecosystems and the natural world for future generations to enjoy.
Jacquie x

13 comments:

  1. Tasmania is boiling hot right now, your photos cooled me down beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your walk. Stunning photo's. Have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jacquie, it was so busy hereabouts during December, as I both traveled briefly to London, and then returned to immerse myself in my own version of Santa's workshop, painting cards, baking cookies, knitting gifts, and getting out and about to some parties, too.

    That is my alibi for not having visited here for a while, and having missed that pleasure. What a delight to return this morning in time to join you for that splendid country walk on a frosty morn. Everything looks so beautiful!

    Sorry about that wheelie. But...clearly you were tired and really benefited for a long night's sleep.

    See you soon. Happy New Year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wheelie wakeup call though jolting did result in a lovely post, Jacquie :) Thanks for sharing the gorgeous photos and helpful links to worthy causes. I was especially interested to note that the Primroses in the photos toward the end of this post look rather like mine here on the other side of the pond. I have been wondering if our frosty weather will kill ours, but so far they are hale and hearty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, I love a frosty morning. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful post! Your frosty photos capture the day so perfectly for us. I thank you for that.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will never tire of your landscapes you share. I wonder why you get so much more frost than we do? Hmmmm. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Jacquie, I always enjoy your blog and photos. I live in Lincoln, so not so far from you and I often make a note of good walks you tell about so that maybe I can do them too sometime.

    Very best wishes for 2017 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing your walks and don't think I will ever tire of them. You live in a beautiful place! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful freezing photoes!!Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy your walks so much and your beautiful photographs that enable me to "walk" in the countryside with you. It brings back the feeling of fresh air and open space of years walking in the Yorkshire Dales. Now I use crutches or a wheelchair country walks are a challenge so sharing your walks bring me great pleasure, thank you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW,WOW and WOW.Fantastic pics,thanks so much for sharing.Love the birds and the sugar coating.It is incredible here,soooo mild.Happy 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your pictures are always beautiful, Jacqui, never boring, I love the sun's rays over the field. thank you for taking the time to share x Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.