Sunday 13 March 2011

Little Happies

Hello lovelies,
Lately I've been reading several blog posts on the theme of finding the small things in your surroundings which make you smile . In a busy day it's so calming and uplifting to notice a pretty view or bunch of daffodils,a blue sky or a pretty item, be it handmade , thrifted or a small treat :0)
I heartily agree with this sentiment and  being able to capture some of these things and share them here increasingly helps me open my eyes to the beauty around me .

 On a week when the world has once more been rocked by terrible natural disaster and human suffering I feel oh so fortunate than my loved ones are safe and my little part of the globe is as beautiful as ever.....

So here are my little happies from this week........

Flowers appearnig in my front garden after months of nothing........




These pretties are all from pots I bought for the house in preceeding years, and planted out when they faded.

The pretty purple crocuses I planted in the autumn only open up like this when the sun is shining but what a treat when they do.....


Indoors I've been enjoying flowers in the bathroom....


 at four bunches for a pound I'm enjoying having these sunny flowers all around the home :0)


Cute spring Lambs and walking the fresh ,but thankfully not freezing, countryside.....



Finding this lovely in a charity shop.It's a childs poncho but I was so drawn to the colours that after afew moments thought I decided to buy it and pull it down to use the cotton blend yarn for my next project ........


It's made for gap and I think the colours are stunning....





There are a few ink stains so thats probably why it ended up on the sale rail for £2...


So I've been busy turning it into this .....


There's only a small ball of some colours but I've already made a start on a project to recycle these lovelies into something new....can't wait to share it with you  :0)

Jacquie x

P.S. thankyou for all your suggestions regarding my hexagons . Apparently I'ts not O.K. to do a tutorial for a published pattern ( thanks for the heads up Victoria)
I think I will turn it into a small project as several of you suggested, maybe a cushion cover or possibly a bag .

P.P.S. Sorry if you are one of my winners awaiting your needle case. Due to me having the memory of a goldfish , I've forgotten to buy some padded envelopes to post them in .I'm hoping to finally get this sorted soon.

30 comments:

  1. What a neat thing you are doing recycling that sweater. The colors are great. Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so important to see the small things - they help get life into perspective sometimes. Wow all that cotton from that poncho. Can't wait to see what yoy come up with. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jacquie, love the first pic of the Polyanthus.
    The colours are stunning, I can see that as a crocheted flower....
    The colours of the yarn from the poncho are great, can't wait to see what you do with them.
    Totally agree with you about appreciating the small things in life.
    If all your worth and happiness is bound up in 'things' when you lose them it's harder to bounce back.

    Have a great week,

    Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post...your flowers are lovely. We are still waiting for blooms and I'm just excited that the greens are starting to pop up from the earth. The colors of the poncho are really pretty, looking forward to seeing what you make. Have a wonderful start to your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colorful flowers and colorful yarn! What a yummy treat! Thx!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You remind me of my mum. She used to buy jumpers and blankets at jumble sales, unpick them and remakethem into something else, usually fairisle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jacquie,
    The colour of your polyanthus is beautiful. I love their cheerful colours. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make from the poncho yarn. Recycling, isn't it wonderful?
    Have a lovely week,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my. That poncho is gorgeous. It is almost a shame to unravel it... But I am sure you have a great idea on your hands and the colors are winners anyhow. Curious to see what you have up your sleeve...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for these colorfull pics and flowers :). Here in Finland we still have about 40 cm snow, yak. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jacquie,
    I'm just wondering what will you do with these gorgeous balls? waiting to see...waiting to see...I'm too curious and I am sure it will become something wonderful :) as always :)

    Have a beautiful day,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely happies, they make me happy too!
    I also can't wait to see what you make with the poncho yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I feel like a party pooper now!
    I love the stitch pattern in that poncho. Like you with the hexagons, I just made a blanket that I had doubts about. My daughter seems to like it though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, I'm becoming someone who reuses yarn too. Someone I spoke to thought it was the most amazing thing she'd ever heard of, but when you find good stuff - well, what can I say. Can't wait to see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely flowers and even lovelier lambs! So good to create something new from old too - can't wait to see what appears!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jacquie
    I am into the happies at the moment too! It's all about simple little pleasures, and the more free / cheaper they are the better xox I am loving the sunny daffodils everywhere at the moment, it's so important to stop and see and appreciate all we are blessed with xox Really looking forward to your recycled poncho project!
    ps. could I ask how you manage to display your blog list's latest posts. Many thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank goodness for the little happy things in life - we need them all the more when the world is such a big scary place.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jacquie,
    Superb photos !
    Really gorgeous poncho too.
    Just loving your header!
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful post Spring really is wonderful with the amount of new life and beautiful colours. I love the idea of recycling that poncho i would never have thought of that, thats why i love blogland ;-)) have a lovely week, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  19. gerat photo,s. Those lambs are so cute.
    Gills

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous crocus photo - that colour is so lovely. I've often wondered about recycling woolly 'things' (my mum used to unravel and reuse jumpers - but usually handknits). Probably a daft question - was it lots of short pieces, did you end up having to do lots of knots to make those balls? Love the colours, looking forward to seeing what you are going to make! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jacquie, your little happies are lovely, especially the lambs! That wool is going to be gorgeous when it's upcycled.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello! Your 'little happies' have just cheered up a foggy morning in Norfolk! Those unravelled colours look very exciting, It's fun plotting the next project.
    Penny
    (Planet Penny)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Golly you do find some bargains :o) £2 for that poncho and all the wool, amazing! and 4 bunches of daffs for £1, woweee!!! I love daffs!
    Lovely photos Jacquie, look forward to seeing what you make with the wool xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty flowers and can't wait to see what you will do with the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am very intrigued by this recycling of yarn... hmmmmm...

    LOVE the lambs... felting some wooly Easter eggs today and will post the demo later today on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Jacquie! No hurry...
    Your new crochet project is great! What that could be! Lovely flowers and we do need something beautiful with all the horror!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  27. lovely simple things...the primulas on my doorstep make me smile every time I pass them.
    I also put some daffodils in my bathroom!!! It felt extravagant (99p from co-op!!)but such a spring treat...fee x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Jacquie- love your pretty blog,and i tried your mini hexie tutorial with great success-so easy!!! I'm usuallly hopeless at following patterns but yours was great,thankyou so much from Debbie in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Jacquie, I love your tutorials. I'm working on my 2nd owl now. How did you begin to unravel the yarn from the poncho? Is there a seam that you cut open?

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.