Friday 8 April 2011

A Bit of Fresh Air

Hello lovelies ,
It's sunny and it's Friday ,hurray.
I must be honest with you now . If you have been thinking I've been around a lot this week , you know a HUGE Bunny tutorial on Wednesday ( that took most of Tuesday to do !)
and another post yesterday , well, it's because I've been suffering with a back injury I did last Friday .
I know my posts have been happy ,that's because I was taking my mind off my woes. I don't do illness well ( who does ) and always imagine the worst.
I can talk to you lovelies about this today as it finally seems to be getting better ( much touching of wood , and please ,please back ,don't make me regret saying that )
Today I had an appointment in town I didn't want to postpone so I parked close and took a steady walk along the sunny streets.....



What a tonic , even the pansies in the raised planters seemed to be smiling at me :0)....



The bustle was great after nearly a week indoors and the trees suddenly had leaves........



 the sun made for great photos . I'm getting quite brave at taking pictures on the street.....





After my appointment I couldn't resist a quick charity shop peek. Some of the prices were a bit scary...you know Primak tops for about the same they would have been new !
One shop even wanted £50 for some Laura Ashley fabric . It had the original price on ( which was £78 ) so I think £ 50 was a tad unrealistic, what do you think?



At this fabulous flower stall I picked up some sweet peas for me  ......



And a Cowslip for my Mum-in-law ,as hers has dissappeared ....



I did make a couple of charity shop purchases....



A ball of the lovely green/tourquoise Cygnet yarn I'm using in my blankets and a pair of stripy P.J. bottoms in a light cotton material  ( 75p !) . They will be ideal with a T. shirt for our Cornish caravan Holiday :0)
Speaking of holidays I'll leave you with this picture ....



This is on my youngests bedroom wall and I love it , it's Teddy Bear Beach by Molly Brett . I used to have books with her illustrations as a child. Cornwall I've missed you ,can't wait to come back this summer :0) .
Have a great weekend , thanks for listening .
Your comments have really cheered me up this week.
Jacquie x

19 comments:

  1. Goodness those daff were a bargain! Great finds. I don't know how I missed your hexie post but WOW they are gorgeous and love lovel love them. Really want to have a go now. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you've been feeling poorly, I too always imagine the worst so I know where you are coming from on that score.

    Aren't those Cornish daffs beautiful? Did you treat yourself to some?

    I did a charity shop run today too and agree I am often quite staggered at the prices!! I thought it was just our CS's, but it seems to be a nationwide phenomenon!!

    Have a nice weekend....

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so glad you are feeling better :)
    Love the picture.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your poorly back, but really glad to hear that it's on the mend.
    Your photos are fab, it is great to get some sunshine to take decent photos in!
    Have a lovely weekend, your pics have inspired me to get into the garden and tidy it up and maybe inject a bit of colour.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jacquie! I hope you are better! First...(I had computer probl.) your last post is wonderful! That happy colour Kaleidoscope blanket is going to be amazing! Today you so much spring in the air! Beautiful flowers!
    Have a lovely weekend! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous photos - love the colours and the sharpe images. I agree with you regarding CS prices. They have gone mad and forget that they have been given the items for free so anything that they get from selling them is profit. The problem is that they now employ area managers with cars so they have to charge more to pay them!!! Like you say you can quite often buy new for the same price as they are charging. Very sad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear that you've hurt your back, I really feel for you.
    I always think that your photos are beautiful, and your camera captures the colour so vibrantly. Just lovely!
    I had Molly Brett books as a child <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have spring flowers already! My crocus bulbs are up but the tulips look about two weeks to go. I loved seeing all the cheerfulness in your photos. It's a gray day here. Again. At least it isn't snowing! The picture of the teds took me back to some books I had as a child. My English Gran used to send them to me. :) Hope your back is feeling better soon! samm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charity shops are increasingly hard to find a bargain in (although I refuse to stop trying). I hardly ever find wool in ones near me, so you did well to find such a decent ball!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about your back, hope you are feeling better. I will send you positive healing vibes. Love the picture with the bears. THey are so happy.
    Have a great weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. We only have one charity shop left that doesn't charge silly money for some things. hope you moving easier soon.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That picture of Cornwall is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing like taking a walk and taking in the sights, especially garden plants, to take your mind off of your discomfort. Beautiful pictures. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad that your back's getting better and hope you're back to normal asap.
    It's lovely to get out in the sunshine isn't it? It's been like Summer here today.
    The close up of the cowslip is great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photo's all those spring flowers ;-) I really like that little sea side picture how cute is that ;-)) I am glad to hear your back is getting better i know just how that feels. have a lovely weekend, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Jacquie, sorry to hear you've been unwell, I do hope you are feeling better ASAP. Sharing a difficulty always seems to ease the burden a bit......

    Beautiful, bright flower pics, don't think i could've stopped at the Sweet Peas though............
    A Cornish caravan holiday sounds perfect. WIll you be staying anywhere near Teddy Bear Beach, because it looks like such a fun place to visit.

    Hope you have a great weekend,

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope your back is getting better! I like jumbles more then charity shops these days as some of the CS prices are crazy, there is one near me in a local church every Thursday and there is always a book or two, fabric or china to bring home for just a few pence.
    Lovely spring flower pictures, very cheering.X

    ReplyDelete
  18. chin up, the summer is nearly here (honest) lovin your blog! I agree the charity shop prices have gone a bit silly these days (some try to sell the best stuff on ebay) Everybody else seems to find lovely bits n pieces - I'm afraid I am an unlucky searcher and never seem to happen on "just that thing" Perhaps its the two bored kids in tow, or perhaps its my lack of hunting practice. Anyway, we shall look forward to seeing what the turquoise turns into.
    I'm a newbie at this hooky lark, so following your blog for inspiration & tutelage.
    Keep smiling.
    Hope your back is better soon.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your hexi blanket is gorgeous and yes i too remember the kaleidoscope!

    Daffs are really cheap,, hope you are soon pain free, retail therapy is the best medicine

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.