Thursday 7 April 2011

Hexagon Love.... Plan B


Hello Lovelies,
Hope you are enjoying the fab spring weather we are having if you are in the U.K.
Today I'm so excited to have some more colourful crochet , photographed in the spring sunshine , to share with you ...happy day !!
Do you remember this post ...when I found a hexagon pattern that I loved ???
The pattern was so pretty , but sadly my colour choices were not so great. Many of you said kind things about that project and I may still have a go at turning it into something. But you know how it is ...I just wasn't feeling the love :0)
Soooooo , I tried again with the colours I'm using for my granny square blanket. Want to see how it's looking so far?
Oh

go

on

then !!.......



Oohh....I'm so much happier with this version, can you tell :0)



I know it's a total colourfest , a bit colour crazy , but it makes me hap,hap, happy !!



I just love working with all these cheerful  colours ...



You know what it reminds me of ?



Can you guess?


A Kaleidoscope .
 
Did you have one of those when you were young ?Here's a flickr image , and another here, to give you an idea of what I'm talking about . But in my mind eye the one I had was MUCH prettier. I loved it, turning the end and making pretty  patterns .Listening to the rattle of the little bits of colourful plastic as they fell into another design.

The shape of these hexagons and the diamond shapes within them just say Kaleidoscope to me ...



Here's a link to the original free Coats and Clark pattern. I've changed the final round and I'm using the wonderful join as you go method.
I'm planning on making a tutorial for my version of  that round , I'd love to do one for the whole pattern but I don't think that's allowed .



So lovelies , do you like the begining of my Kaleidoscope blanket ? It's super colourful, even for a gal who loves her colour.I do love the restrained colour schemes too but this is making me SMILE So I'm going with that and it feels good :0)



Right , where's my hook ?
Jacquie x

39 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

    Such a wonderful colour burst!!!!!

    Simply beautiful is all I can say!

    Cannot wait to see it finished in all its glory!

    Have a super duper day!

    Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just finishing my very first crochet project. Can I ask are the hexagons difficult? They look amazing so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this makes me happy too! It looks so fresh and lovely... great work!
    Love, Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's getting so pretty! I am almost giving up a project 'cos I can't match the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just going to write LOVE LOVE LOVE IT than I read the comment of Vanessa :)
    So, Jaquie: LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT :)
    and I can not wait to see it done ...it will be wonderful :)
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the original project but have to agree that these are stunning. Love them!

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely and great colors. Its a wonderful project!
    Many greetings from germany
    Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  8. O wow i love it i am a huge fan of hexagons and i just love your design and color choice ;-)) I want to be able to do this to. I just managed to make a square in my Bitch and stitch group last night and boy was that hard i didnt move for 2 hours i was determined to do it. Im just hoping i can remember tonight when i can pick it up again. You are inspiring me loads i have to tell you. Can't wait to see it finished. Happy crochet ;-)) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It´s gorgeous!! I love your colourful, bright, happy hexagons!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow wee lady! That has come up suuuuper! B E A U T I F U L! So sunny ☀

    I think that because you are stating where the pattern came from, and it's free, and all you'd be doing is showing someone how to do the stitches AND still sending people to the original site for the pattern then maybe that's ok. It's not like you'll be saying "here is my pattern and here's how to do it" you'll be saying "Go to this site for the pattern and here's how you I it" May be you could ask them for permission. I wouldn't want you getting into trouble or doing a tute and then having to pull it, but I think if you send people to their site for the pattern then they will get traffic they wouldn't have had otherwise. We need a lawyer to comment!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you that is so lovely and spring coloury

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's certainly got the WOW factor Jacquie.

    So different from the other one.

    I love the bright, cheery colours and if it's making you happy that's great.

    Can't wait to see it finished, should be fabulous.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats looking really lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh it's gorgeous Jacquie. Very bright and cheerful, it's gorgeous. I hope you do manage to pop up a tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE IT! The colors are wonderful. I loved Kaleidoscopes too. Such a simple toy compared to todays. Looking forward to seeing your finished project in all it's glory.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty! Maybe the only thing that could get me away from the African Flowers these days :)
    And lovely mix of color too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, I loved the colors, and this effect resulted. Beautiful!
    Kiss!
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jacquie
    Those hexagons are drop dead gorgeous, love love 'em xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now this I like! Very very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a perfect Spring project! I think the Kaleidoscope theme is very fitting.. it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely, lovely colourful hexagons - reminds me of a big, beautiful flowerbed. Looking forward to seeing it all finished!
    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are looking really super!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a good looking blanket! I haven't tried hexagons yet, but this is certainly inspirational! Really nice!

    Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the colours! Very chirpy and uplifting! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Salam kunjungan.. singgahla ke blog saya ;)

    http://www.zuwairiaiman.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is lovely and definitely a favourite of mine is a kaleidoscope.... which you could probably gather by my name hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  27. What cheerful colours - love the design

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jacquie, I love them! The colors are beautiful. I always loved kaleidoscopes when I was young too, and lots of pretty colors. I can't wait to see this grow. How big are you planning to make this one?

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this hexagon pattern! very colorful! beatiful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm writing to you from the states! I've just found your blog, it's just wonderful with all the bright colors! I've enjoyed reading your blog and seeing the pictures, it's like I get to visit England! May I ask how you join your hexagons together? Whip stitch or crochet?
    Thanks! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVING your kaleidescope blanket! It's gorgeous & I love all the happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice yarn, nice colors, nice shapes and a very suitable name! That's going to be a beautiful blanket, definitely! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOVE the hexagons!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That is such a happy blanket Jacquie, love the pattern you're right just like a beautiful kaleidescope. Can't wait to see the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
  35. lovely bright hexagons! And the colours look great in the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your hexagons! It seems they are becoming more and more popular and they remind me of honeycomb! I just got a hexagon quilt top at a garage sale for 16.00! I was so excited I could hardly contain my excitement.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous! I love all of the bright colours, so cheerful looking. The daffodil is alo lovely at the beginning of your post!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.