Sunday 17 April 2011

Crochet Inspiration



Hello Lovelies,
I'm constantly impressed with the crochet inspiration out there in cyberspace. In fact sometimes it's rather overwhelming, all the gorgeous possibilities.
It's totally great to me ,to be able to see all the stunning makes other crafty people are producing . Plus I get to find out a bit about their inspiration and tell them how much I love their creations .
It was not a blog or Flickr that got me making this week however.....it was actually a picture in my Country living magazine...



Oooh simple granny squares. I know they have been around forever but something about them is eternally attractive to me . Seeing this image reminded me I had some granny squares started in the gorgeous recycled yarn I used to make my last cushion. ....



So the hexagons have been neglected this week , in favour of  a little square project :0)

Not having much of this yarn left I had to use some rowan hand knit cotton I found in a charity shop(in this post)for the final round of each square .



I was up at six am ( yes 6 ayy emm !! ) on Saturday to finish this off . It was bliss , the boys were up early too , making the most of two whole weeks of holiday stretching out in front of them. The sun was shining and I sat in my warm (at last... Hooray ) conservatory making the fleece part in the same way I did for my last cushion.
  I really like this method of making an envelope style cushion cover and adding a little crochet trim and some pretty buttons....



What do you think ? I've done a tutorial for you lovelies in case anyone else fancies giving this method a try. It's the previous post , and I'm adding it to my side bar as usual .


So here's this weeks make, along side the other cushion I made from the poncho I pulled down to reuse the yarn......


I love these colours and the yarn. There was just a little left over to make myself a cute crochet mini cushion too ....


It's a new pincushion for me..


This little make is definitely inspired by these lovelies. Here is the back ....



Yes I've had a great time creating this crochet, and whilst I was enjoying myself yesterday morning the second Master BM took one look at the state of my sewing box .....



Yikes ! Bless him ,he set about sorting it all out for me . Actually he got a bit fed up after a while and I finished it off......



Thanks for the start though son , I need a bit of a push sometimes and it looks so much better now....


Hope you're feeling inspired , whether it's to create something or to tidy up your craft supplies :0)


Or is it just me that lets things get messy in the first place ?
Jacquie x

39 comments:

  1. I love your pillows, so bright and cheerful. I think I might have to make a few, thanks for sharing.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pin cushion is gorgeous, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, not just you. I'm a muddle maker too. Loving the pincushion x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Colours so cheerful! We still have snow over here in Canada!
    Love your blog!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not just you! I might need to hire someone else's child to come and sort out my craft mess! I'm currently working on a project with 'simple' granny squares, after I tried fancier ones and they just weren't right. Sometimes you can't beat the plain old granny :) I like your cushion tutorial in the previous post - I'll be following that when I eventually get round to crocheting a cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute pincushion :) and the cushions are lovely!
    Have a great week!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a beautifull pillows...great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous gorgeous ccochet, I love it! The pincushion is so cute! Just so you know, it took me a WHOLE day to sort out the muddled mess in my craft room! I know I'm lucky to have one, but it really is a teeny tiny space!
    Have a great week with your lovely boys!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. whoops I meant crochet, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cushions, yet again, Jacqui. Such beautiful, cheery colours. Love your bakings as well. Off to look at your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those colours they are not what I would normally be attracted to but they are lovely. I need to clear out my craft stuff too I have one room in my home that is tidy and the rest are full of stuff. Maybe today is the DAY to have a go at it. Love the pincushion too - you can never have too many.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so talented. What lovely cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely colours :) and your mini cushion....so cute x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cushions and the fleece back tutorials. Your pincushion is to die for - please tell us how you made this. Your color choices and projects are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your little mini cushion is precious. I enjoy visiting here--you are such an inspiration to a procrastinator like myself. Your projects and tutorials get my creative juices flowing. Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I might just manage a baby cushion seeing how my blanket never seems to get any bigger :0

    Go and have a look at my post on sorting out my sewing box believe me yours is spick and span

    love all the colours you have put together
    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely cushions! I've just finished mine, and love that moment of putting your newly created piece in its place and seeing the room look so much cosier. And I've just tidied my stash box too (but only because my new purchases wouldn't fit until I did...)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  18. O WOW i sooooo wish you could come round for a cup a tea and a slice of cake and teach me how to do a square ;-) I love your cushion its so pretty i have been doing flowers this afternoon while sat in the sunshine its the only thing i seem to be able to master at the moment im going to try and make them into a cushion if i can work it out hmmmmm we will see but each one is a different size ;-)) This crochet is not easy. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jacquie! I love your crochet pillows and the pin cushion! So beautiful colours! Also your sewing is wonderful - those traditional wooden boxes are so lovely! How nice that you had a helpping hands to put in order. Now and then I put everything in order and then slowly slowly they get all up side down again.
    Have a lovely week!
    xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's such a great idea for the back of a cushion. I'm making a 'little flower squares cushion' at the moment and am not sure if I've got enough yarn for the second side, so I might just copy your idea!
    I saw that cushion in CL too and had to have a good, close look at it - it's lovely, isn't it?
    Thanks for the tutorial
    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your cushions and you cushion back! Off to look at your tutorial after this. I have one of Rachel's pincushions. They are sooo cool and you have doen a fab job. Even though I have one I still can't work out how she made it!! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yes, I do recognise being impressed about all that is made and shown in blogland. And I do recognise too making a mess while crafting...that is due to the creative process right?!

    One more question about your hexagon tutorial: I get a lot of pattern-requests for the hexagons I have made. You know, those based on your mini's. Do you mind if I post a totorial, of course with reference to you, that starts with your mini-hexagons?

    Have a lovely day,
    Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  23. Always such beautiful work on your web site Jacquie , well done! Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello!!
    What a beautiful crochet works you did!! Love it so much, and I must tell you that I falled in love with your sewing box... So cute!!
    Have a nice week.
    ´kind regards from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooo I love the retro colours!

    My favourite thing to do as a child was to sort out my Granny's sewing box (exactly the same as yours actually!) I spent hours sorting and re-sorting every summer! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous as usual Jacquie. I love the way you have reused the yarn from that poncho, a new lease of life for a charity shop find. Thank you for the tutorial, actually thank you for all the tutorials and the photos that you add to your blog :) Have a lovely Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely eye catching craftwork, loveing the pincushion, thjet is so adorable.

    It's always nice to have a good sort out of the workbox, amazing what goodies you forget are in there

    ReplyDelete
  28. As always - so beautiful!!! Love the colours.
    From a beautiful autumn sunny South Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your sofa looks BEeeeeeeeeeeeyoootiful with all that hooky lovliness on it!! Im very inspired by this post and your gorgeous cushions, having had a hooky hiatus just recently, so thank you for re-igniting the inspiration flame for me (yes, even at this early hour of the day).

    Sending love, Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love, love, love your cushions!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much for your kind reply Jacquie, that will keep me busy over Easter :-)
    Have a lovely sunny day,
    Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your beautiful new pin cushion and that recycled granny is heavenly, such beautiful colours too. I think I have been inspired xox

    ReplyDelete
  33. Adorable. Your cushions are so colorful. I especially like the new pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I learnt to crochet last year, and went a bit mad!
    So I'm not crochet much this year, so its nice to admire your crochet without wanting to get my hook out!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the pincushion of course! I love the way you made the back of it. Your granny cushion is divine. The colours you chose really took me back to early Autumn mornings as a child. Now that I have seen yours, I simply have to make one in Autumn colours too. Thank you for the inspiration. Rachael Xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your crochet cushions are gorgeous. I love the colours you have used, they really make the cushions stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I couldn't help noticing the bone cement in your work box. Ha ha. I'm guessing it's just an empty box. Do you work in an operating theatre to come upon a box like that?

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.