Sunday 13 December 2015

Daily December :: the 13th

Hello Lovelies,
this morning I wrapped up in multiple layers ( and a fetching yellow hi-viz vest) to marshal for our local running race.
This picture was taken before the runners started to arrive........ 


 Super fast and very serious runners at the start. No reply from them to my clapping and encouragement...they were in the zone.
 Then the " peloton" jogged by. Runners of all ages and sizes, many dressed in fancy dress to add to the difficulty. Santa's, elves,  super heroes, and even a Christmas turkey ...they made me smile.
After almost an hour of constant clapping and numerous"well done's"  the runners thinned out. I loved the stragglers the best and clapped them the loudest. 
The ladies chatting so much they can hardly of noticed the miles and didn't even seem to care about their pace amused me.  Pained faces who would be spending a long time on the course and take a long time to recover got my sympathy. So many folk running for charity and stepping well out of their comfort zones to raise funds for a cause close to their hearts got my admiration too.


In the afternoon we went to our local garden centre where this mass of pretty cyclamen delighted me.....


It was a wet afternoon, but after dark the rain stopped and I went for a little walk around the block.....I still need to walk another 38 miles before the end of the month to reach 1000 for the year.
I even jogged a bit ....oh yes the morning runners had inspired me :0)

I liked this pair of bungalows that I passed....it made me smile to see they had obviously co-operated and shared the lights that twinkled prettily on the front of the two homes.......

 Good neighbours are a wonderful thing.

Back indoors I was smiling again. This time at our tree. This little fairy teddy is years old...but I think it will always be a favourite of mine........


Predictably my Hyacinths have started to flop...so the kebab sticks and gingham ribbon are needed.........


This is what we bought at the garden centre..........

It's actually exactly the same as the candle bridge we had previously....after that one broke I tried hard to get it working again...changing the fuse and the bulbs...all to no avail.
I loved it so much I was very happy to find the same design today...my festive village is back....yay.
Jacquie x

4 comments:

  1. I love your photos
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I love your candle bridge. I have been looking for one for a couple of years now but cannot seem to find one that isn't mega-expensive. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done walking so many miles this year. Lovely pics too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful day! x (Mine was spent with family in tow trying to finish present shopping and keep each other from seeing what was in our baskets.)I know you can reach that 1000 mark!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.