Sunday 27 December 2015

Daily December :: the 27th

Hello Lovelies,
how was your Christmas? Ours was mostly about the familiar traditions we have got used to over the years. Foody traditions like nuts in their shells and jewel coloured chocolates.......



 Family traditions like this wonderful Christmas dinner at my sister and brother in laws...we are so lucky to spend the day with so many family members...14 this year.........


After all the rich food a traditional walk is very welcome, about 4pm , when it's dark and everybody's lights look so pretty...and a few homes still have their curtains open so you can peek in on the festive scenes :0).......


Since Christmas day the weather has gone back to mild and rainy...we are very lucky it's not as rainy as further north where the scenes of flooding in my beloved West Yorkshire and the surrounding areas have been quiet upsetting. Here it's just muddy and puddly.
 I went for a short walk this morning and spotted these pretty Ivy berries, glistening with raindrops.........


 How I love to hear the beautiful  notes of the Blackbird.......


A sweet little Dunnock was hopping about in the Silver Birch tree too..........


I liked this simple wreath on this garden gate..........


Though in truth the wet conditions made walking on the footpaths a muddy and slippery affair......

I only did a mile and a half so I still have 11 and a half miles to squeeze in before Friday if I'm to hit my 1000 mile target for the year....it's going to be a close call :0)

Back home I smiled at the sight of my best Christmas prezzie....a wonderful bench made from scraps of wood by eldest for his dad and me ...........


I think he did a brilliant job for a 15 year old and it's so sturdy. Just needs a little bit of sanding and some preservative now.

I do hope your Christmas went well and you are enjoying the holidays lovelies.

Jacquie x

14 comments:

  1. I haven't visited your blog for a while and I'm so glad I did. Loved seeing all of your pictures. Your son did a wonderful job on the bench. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. So did I. It is rainy here in Indiana USA to and warm for this time of year. Hope you and your family have a great New Year.
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post full of fun things and happy holiday times. What a great bench your son made.. I'm impressed!
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pressie from your son. I loved the pic of nuts and chocs, just like we used to have when I was growing up. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm blown away by the bench, it's absolutely fantastic. Clever boy! And lucky you. We've been doing the odd walk here as well, and I've been battling the mud. On Boxing Day one of the boys skidded (running of course) and plooshed straight into a huge slick of mud, and yesterday two of them got absolutely caked in the stuff in the woods. I'm just happy to see them out running about and having fun though. Good luck with the last eleven miles Jacquie. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous bench. Clever lad
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds as though you had a wonderful Christmas. Loved the bench. Can't wait to see what the bench looks like after you get it finished. Always enjoy your pictures from your walks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished a soggy hike, very warm and thankfully the flood water here have receded but, I'm afraid just in time for another round. What a wonderful present from your son, a treasure for sure.Best of luck reaching your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are managing a few walks but we are sticking to lanes and high ground as there has been so much flooding locally. Still the rest of the week off before going back to work a few more walks for us! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos and what a brilliant garden seat. Great present!
    Yes the north has had a horrendous amount of rain so sad for lots of people having their homes wrecked especially at Christmas. Hope the government plays fair by them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your son's present is so lovely I'm sure you will spend many happy moments using it. Wishing you a happy new year. Hope you achieved your walking target. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jacquie, what a fab bench your son made......I'd be thrilled with it too. Many a cuppa and chat will take place on that bench.
    Can't get over how dark it is there at 4 o'clock, such short Winter days.
    You've had terrible floods and here in Oz we've had bushfires and in the USA tornadoes, tragedy all round. Makes you count your blessings and realise how well off we are.
    Sorry to end on such a gloomy note, but lovely to pop by for a visit.....Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated Christmas, Jacquie. And wow for your gorgeous gift from your son. I can imagine how much it has been appreciated.
    Like Claire, I was amazed at how dark it is in your part of the world in mid-winter. Here where I live, in the 37 degrees south, the sun is usually dropping off the horizon by about 6ish.
    Conversely, I think your mid-summer means that it is still twilight at at least 11, whereas right now, we lose the light by about 9 completely where I am.
    Here's to a wonderful 2016.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.