Tuesday 22 December 2015

Daily December :: the 21st

Hello Lovelies,
on Saturday evening I was doing so crochet whilst watching the Strictly final at my mum in laws...so entertaining........


On sunday I was at work so I was very glad to get the day off on Monday. I hoped it was the shortest day, and I could go on a solstice walk.... but it seems this year it's the 22nd. I will be at work all day. Never mind...I still headed out for a walk.

I smiled when I saw some livestock in the highland cattle field. It's been a bit sad to see it empty........


These guys are cute too............


The Ash trees along the lane are bare, but I could hear the sweet chirping of birds.........


Dozens of Goldfinches were hopping about in the branches...........

 Yay I managed a bird photo for the first time in ages :0)

Flowers are an easier subject...but they are few and far between at the time of year. These sweet little Periwinkles  were flowering profusely.........



Though the windy conditions made them a tricky subject too :0)........


It's finally getting chillier around these parts and the horses were all wearing their winter coats......


There are no more fallen leaves by the church, just a clear path and an unobstructed view.......


Oh look, a beautifully simple decoration on the church porch........

 Love these wire stars

And by the door, pretty floral displays........


 seasonal greenery and some long lasting chrysanthemums.... Perfect......


There are still some leaves by the kissing gate......


and the sight of a newly repaired stile tempted me onwards , rather than heading for home........


Along field edges, past bare oaks.........


Through the little strip of Hawthorn woodland I know so well these days..........


The tree that blew down in the November storms has been cleared from the path...hope some mini beasts make this into a cosy home for the winter..........


As I emerged again it had started to rain quiet quickly, the distant view disappeared into the mist.......


Time for a hog weed skeleton shot....not many left now.......


After I took that photo I headed along the footpath which runs along the righ hand edge of the big field. When I had almost reached the far end I realised my camera was missing. Oh no...I headed back to retrace my steps. Uphill, into the wind and rain.. I was so happy when I found it. But it was lying in the mud and wet with rain.

I dried it as best I could and took a photo.....

 Bit blurry

I tried a macro shot.........

 Perfect...phew.

It was a squelchy walk back home, though the crops in the field were almost spring like in their greenness.........


It's lovely to get outdoors, and I really didn't mind the wet and windy weather. It was three more miles to get me that bit closer to my 1000 mile target ( only 18 miles to go now :0)....I'm getting there)

And back home, as I made a simple lunch for the hungry troops who are on school holidays, I smiled at the colourful cards on my Kitchen windowsill..........


I don't think I'll manage to squeeze in another walk before the big day, so I'm happy I made the effort on Winter Solstice Eve.

Jacquie x

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely virtual walks
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas with your family, Jacquie! Well done for keeping your walking habit going throughout the year! I need to do the same in the new year - I got out of the habit - mainly because I live in the town and long to see fields and countryside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas to you and your family. Thank you for giving us such an entertaining blog throughout the year, you were my inspiration for starting my own blog al,out a year ago now. I love your mix of subjects from your crochet to your walking and family news and visits in between. I am sure you will meet your walking goal, what a fantastic achievement. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well earned miles those! Very muddy walks here too. Best wishes on made the 1000 mark! The ripple is growing nicely I see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some wonderful meanders on this lovely blog of yours. Thought I'd pop by and wish you and yours all that's fabulous for Christmas and the New Year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new hair do! haha
    Happy Christmas and thanks for letting me join all your lovely walks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos as always! Hope you have a lovely Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,LOVE your blog but don't always have time to comment.Your pics are always STUNNING and interesting,thank you for sharing all year.I didn't know Winter Solstice could be on other than the 21st of December,so I'v learnt something new.Counting the days till Spring lol although we do have daffs out here in Cornwall.Happy Christmas to you all and thanks for your lovely blog in 2015.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here in Lincolnshire the mild weather continues and I am housebound! Yesterday I noticed some poppies about to bloom and a bee on my window! What's happening? Your walk was well appreciated as I am unable to walk for a little while longer so to see a wonderful squidgy muddy walk is very welcome. So glad you found the camera and it still works. Have a wonderful Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. With those lovely photos I feel as if I have been on the walk with you. On a dark rainy London day that is just the pick me up I need. Thank you so much for sharing them. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely post ! Have a wonderful Festive Season xx P

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely post ! Have a wonderful Festive Season xx P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Hair!!
    I must tell you that you have inspired me to get out more this year with all your lovely walks!
    wishing you and yours a very happy and festive Christmas time,
    bestest d xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice hair! I love winter walks the leaves off the trees allow you to peek things you never normally see. Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.