Wednesday 9 December 2015

Daily December :: the 9th

Hello Lovelies, 
these short December days we are opening our Advent  calendars in the dark ......


and the footpath is still in deep shadow at 9am......


It was lovely to see the sun lighting up the little foot bridge..........



and making super long shadows across the field.........



 There was a beautiful warmth to the light in this sheltered corner of the field..........


But it was very squelchy underfoot........


Stuff held up with bits of Bale-a-twine always makes me smile as I reminds me of my lovely late Dad........


Here it was nice to be able to see the rooftops tumbling down the hillside now the trees are bare........


the sheep were seeking out a sunny spot on this chilly morning.........


Here red rooftops and the old stone church made me smile......


By late morning the sun had risen as hight as it would get ( not very high ) and my favourite tree was looking lovely in it's bare branched winter state..........


In town I loved all the colours in the stationary department of this independent shop......

 I have a plan for a paper project....I'll share it soon.

At 4pm I had to pop out with eldest...to collect his glasses. A routine Opticians visit last week revealed he is becoming short sighted these days.
When he put his glasses on you could see he was slightly amazed at the difference and he  commented it was like the world was in HD...bless him.



I'm glad he will see the wonder of the natural world...like this stunning sunset... clearly now.
Jacquie x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunset and enjoyed your walk again xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your wintry morning walk, I always feel there is something magical about getting dressed up in warm clothing and going out into the countryside on such a morning. I love the photograph of the tree with its bare branches against the sky. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the advent calendar
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The days ARE too short aren't they?! But nice whenever the sun does shine all the same. Very squelchy under foot here as well, wAy too much rain, a challenge just popping out to feed the chickens of late. Love that tree too! Speaking of trees, I just made my girls (for advent) a tree of life pendant a piece with beads and wire. I look forward to seeing you paper craft. Have a great day! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for an Advent calendar with just pictures! Just like when I was little... Sadly I panicked this year and bought a novelty chocolate one for Joe. I wasn't very proud of myself.
    So wet around here, it's been relentless. The poor sheep out the back just stand there looking depressed.
    Enjoy your pre-Christmas walks :)
    S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I've often lurked but just had to say hello to another person with a favourite tree! I'm so pleased it's not just me! Mine is a mighty oak in the middle of a field. Your walks and pics are beautiful and inspire me to explore my own little area more x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I've often lurked but just had to say hello to another person with a favourite tree! I'm so pleased it's not just me! Mine is a mighty oak in the middle of a field. Your walks and pics are beautiful and inspire me to explore my own little area more x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I come from a family of baler twine fixers. I don't think there is a gate at dad's farm that actually swings open! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.