Friday 25 December 2015

Daily December :: the 24th

Happy Christmas  Lovelies
Right now it's almost midnight and I'm waiting for my boys to go to sleep.
It's been a busy day of housework and cooking as we have family over on Christmas eve. Just 14 of us this year....a nice number and plenty of these four small walls to cope with.

As is my usual tradition I've been making a decoration for my sister in law and family as they very generously host Christmas Dinner at their home for all the family.

Here's my last minute make ( finished late on the 23rd ) .....


There are so many free patterns out there for crochet Christmas trees. Due to the time factor I chose a simple one from Ravelry and had fun with the colour changes and added beads........


I think it's the 6th or 7th decoration I've made now and they all come with a little tag...........


The afternoon was chilly but sunny and I decided to grab a little fresh air about 3.30pm. It made me smile to see there will be no post collection until Tuesday..........

 Enjoy your rest Mr Postie...you have earned it.

The low sun was making the allotments glow...........


Red Hawthorn berries caught my eye...........


and black Ivy berries...........


I even ignored the signs and trespassed onto the Allotments. I loved seeing the stalks of Brussels sprouts and took only photographs..........

 please don't put me on the naughty list father Christmas :0)

As the sun set I headed home...........


I think I love the moments before guests arrive the best...when all the work is done and the house is tidy and it's time to light the candles...........





Merry Christmas Lovelies,
Jacquie x

18 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas! I don't remember if I've ever commented but I do read your blog daily. The lovely glow of your mantel all ready for Christmas is inviting. And the tree ornament you crocheted for your sister is so charming. I may try my hand at making one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed so much of this post, Jacquie! I am inspired by you to crochet an xmas tree.. so cute! And I would just love to have a bridge light such as yours.. where did you find it? I've enjoyed your posts this month.. lots of joy and pretty sights.

    We Wish You a Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Christmas♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ We Wish You a Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas We Wish You A Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪...And A Happy New Year!♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas from Iowa to you and yours!! and thank you for all your lovely posts and photos and letting me see a bit of your life where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Christmas tree looks very cute. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very happy and peaceful Christmas to you too! Your decorations look gorgeous!

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just taking a break in between cooking Christmas dinner to visit quickly with you. Wishing you and yours all the best for this Christmas and the coming new year! x A lovely crochet tree BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That will be a treasured gift for years to come,so pretty.Love your pics as always.Happy Christmas and a Peaceful 2016.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. merry Xmas.Hope you had a good and happy day.Family times are sooooo precious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I hope you did have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas. I've enjoyed your Daily December posts. Have a continued happy time

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mantle looks beautiful and I love the Christmas tree, what a lovely idea! Enjoy the rest of the Christmas season. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a lovely Christmas, the tree decoration is so sweet.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Piękna choinka Swiątecznie pozdrawiam.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated Merry Chriastmas
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belated merry xmas from Oz, may you all enjoy special times this festive season xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.