Tuesday 8 December 2015

Daily December :: the 8th

Hello Lovelies,
just a very short daily post tonight. Thank you so much for your kind comments about our handmade tree decorations.
Turning on the fairy lights after a busy day at work I had to smile at this handmade decoration I picked up for the princely sum of £1 at a local Christmas fair the other week....

 I love robins and there is so much lovely detail in this cute knitted piece. Look at those snow tipped pine cones...gorgeous and so clever.

I've really enjoyed The Great Pottery Throw Down. 
Watching beautiful handmade ceramics being created fascinated me


I could fancy giving it a try one day, but for now I've very happy to stick to yarn.......


Good night Lovelies...I'm bushed.
Jacquie x

11 comments:

  1. I do hope you try pottery someday. I took it for years at college and even set up my own pottery studio at home in the garage. I had a kick wheel and a kiln and made so many neat things.. planters, mugs, bowls, plates, even several teapots and even punch bowl on a pedestal with a whole set of punch cups! LOVE the colors in your ripple.
    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad that all that work sold for only one pound. Was it reduced at the end of the day or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, it was on the bric a brac stall. It's not new but that doesn't bother me.

      Delete
  3. I think your fair find is very sweet too. Lots of detail. I can't believe it sold for so little. Your blanket is so pretty. I also stricken mainly to yarn pursuits.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a lot of work in that little handmade decoration. I missed the pottery programme, but I interviewed a potter the other day and it made me quite interested in the whole thing. I find it fascinating to see people obsessed by a craft. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat find, someone did put a lot of work and talent into that cute little robin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet find, and a perfect home for it! Clay work is fascinating! Another one of those crafts (along with spinning, basket weaving and well too many to list) that I'd like to try. lol Your blanket goes well with your rug. Working on a cabled scarf at the moment. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If the pottery show is anywhere near as nerve-wracking as the GBBO, probably a good thing I can't watch it on my side of the pond!

    What an adorable robin decoration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have also enjoyed the Great Pottery Throw Down and would love to have a go at throwing a pot. Your ripple blanket is gorgeous, such a warm and cozy colour scheme. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The crochet looks good
    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your crochet looks very nice! I love your choice of colors.Jolana

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.