Saturday 20 December 2014

A Grey Walk and A Colourful Surprise

Hello Lovelies,
Gosh it's been a busy week. No time for my little blog.
On Wednesday I spent the day wrapping prezzies and doing last minute shopping....so that  I could squeeze in one last group walk before the Christmas holidays.

The forecast was for cloud, but no rain.....and that's what we got. The day was grey with just an occasional, tantalising glimpse of the sun...........


It really didn't matter as it was still a joy to get out in the remarkably mild, but still deliciously fresh air. I  enjoyed the wintry landscape............



along with  the companionable chat and the exercise...........


It's just a shame my camera doesn't cope well with the low light levels ....most of my pictures turned out all blurry and very disappointing.

Lunch as in a churchyard as usual...simply because there are plenty benches to sit on ....I do like a church view.........


and once again there was generously shared and delicious home baking, that tasted even better after the exercise............



It was so mild I didn't even feel cold, but I wore this Christmas Pudding hat on the return leg of the walk .....to add a touch of festive fun and colour to the grey day............


It's just a shop bought version....there were loads around as I dashed from shop to shop on Wednesday and I couldn't resist picking one up for a couple of pounds, in Home Bargains



After a very pleasant nine mile walk I dashed home to carry in with the jobs on my list....then my neighbour knocked on the door, grasping a delightful looking parcel........

I know she was intrigued by the name on the envelope, but I don't think she even has the internet, so I didn't try and explain my "nickname" 

It looked so lovely sitting on the coffee table that I hesitated over opening it....enjoying the anticipation.

Then inside there was even more prettiness. Crinkly tissue paper parcels containing what I knew would be thoughtful gifts.........


Slowly I unwrapped each one, ooohing and ahhing and grinning broardly.....


This wonderfully happy delivery came from a lovely blogger I met up with at Yarndale. Jones is much younger than me and a busy mum of the cutest baby boy. She is at at super busy phase in her motherhood journey right now....and has no time to blog, and yet she had found time to send me such thoughtful gifts....I was very, very touched (there were happy tears).

I love this colourful cotton reel postcard with it's Skipton connection.........

It's a linocut by a Skipton artist Helen Peyton.

As is this card, which is the same one Lucy had in her studio. It was one of the MANY things that made us smile when we visited .............


In the third parcel there was this sweet little chicken hook.....isn't it adorable..........


and in the final package ....the most precious thing.....a gorgeous handmade decoration......


I LOVE it Jones, It's beautifully made....and backed with matching felt ........

Look at that wonderful hand sewing.

This happy chap leapt onto our Christmas tree, where he is making me smile daily.........


Jones tells my you can find the free pattern HERE.

It's a new site to me and there are loads of free patterns to enjoy. I'll enjoy having a proper look around when I get the time.

Apparently this little pattern is quiet addictive...Jones sent me this photo to prove it....where they are "cooling" in her kitchen :0)


Thank you so much for such  happy, colourful and thoughtful gifts Jones...you chose perfectly.

It makes me quiet emotional when I think of  the brilliant friendships I'm blessed with in all areas of my life....they enrich my world daily.

I'll wish you, my lovely bloggy friends and readers,  all the joy of the festive season. I have so much still to do and I'm looking forward to Christmas eve, when all the jobs are done....or it's too late to do any I haven't managed to get around to.

In case I'm not able to get back here till after the big day.....

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

Jacquie x

13 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas Pudding hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No better mail than that! Love it and your hat! Wishing you and yours a very joyful, festive happy Christmas! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh what lovely thoughtful gifts I will have to go visit that site.
    Happy Christmas
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely gifts, what a nice thing to receive in the post! Happy Christmas!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Christmas - what a lovely parcel to have received. :)
    I look forward to seeing your walks in the New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely little gingerbread man - he's fab! Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas too :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely gifts, the gingerbread man is brilliant, and I love the picture of them all cooling on their rack. It looks like another good walk. I know what you mean about the light though, I always struggle at this time of year as well. Wishing you a very good Sunday Jacquie. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first photo of the brilliant gray sky you saw on you walk is especially beautiful to me, Jacquie, and your pudding hat was a cheery way to stay warm on your way home :) The gifts Jones sent you are precious and express beautifully the love of craft and crafters I have known in the blog craft community. Thanks so much for posting, Jacquie. I admire your creativity and appreciate your generosity and wish you and yours a Happy Christmas celebration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was such a lovely pre-Christmas post, with beautiful nature views, and interior photographs of such splendid gifts that arrived via the post. This can be auch a great time of the year, even when some of the days do get just that little bit hectic.

    Merry Christmas! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jaquie! I admire you so for all your walking! I actually like seeing how your countryside looks like in all seasons. I swooned at the church and graveyard.. it's just what I imagine when I think of one of your country churchyards. LOVE the gingerbread men.. I copied the pattern and hope that I don't forget it's in my "crochet" file next year. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Christmas to you and your family, Jacquie!
    I love the gingerbread men. Thank you for the link!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Christmas :) The gingerbread men are very sweet and funny "cooling" in her kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.