Thursday 11 December 2014

December Days

Hello lovelies,
I'm feeling like posting every day at the moment. Just sharing small things that are occurring in my week. I do hope you like these snapshots from my December days.

Yesterday Mum and I did our usual  trip to a local market town. It was sunny so we stopped by the road to take a photo of the wintry view............


One of my favourite things about winter is the abundance of birds, which are easy to spot among the bare branches.

Hello Mr Robin...........


I hopped over this stile...........


and discovered damage caused by the recent high winds.........


Later in the day, after the routine shopping was done, we stopped at a garden centre and picked up a cute wooden ornament for the tree..........

 I couldn't resist this inexpensive wooden Reindeer's simple style. And the sweet touches, like the heart on his tummy and the star on his tale.

Heaven knows, we don't actually NEED any more Christmas decorations, but I do like to add one a year.
This one is 2014's addition ......and I wrote it on his reverse side.....just so we
know :0).......


I think he looks right at home .......


I'm also researching crochet ornament patterns at the moment as I usually make one for my sister in law as a thank you for hosting Christmas.

 THIS is tempting. But look at THESE :0)
Decisions, decisions.
Jacquie x

14 comments:

  1. Great shots! I love the reindeer, and the ideas you found for your ornaments are both great, I wouldn't know which one to choose...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your reindeer is such a cute one. I do love these simple wooden decorations a lot. And the weather in your place seems to be gorgeous. Here in the Northern part of Germany it is raining and storming the whole day. No sun at all, no winter weather, just lousy wet and chilly 'You will definitely get a cold-weather'. But things can only improve. Have a nice evening, Viola

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do take some great bird photos! I try to buy a new ornament each year too - you tree looks lovely and sparkly :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving sharing in your daily happenings. Your reindeer is cute and as for those tree ornament patterns I'm glad I don't have to choose
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely that you date your decorations, I wish that I had done that when I started collecting them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to add a new ornament (or two!) every year too. Such beautifully clear winter skies. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The teddies are fab, they'd be really popular round here. I love the top photo, what a beautiful place you do live in. And you've framed the church just right. The new ornament is great, and what a good idea to date it. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must be VERY athletic to get over that stile! I love your countryside photos. Those round teddies are adorable! I might be making several little crochet stockings for gifts.. I wish I could attach a photo to my comment! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the litle deer Jacquie ~ he is so cute. We usually try to buy at least one new tree decoration each year too ~ it's been a tradition since the children were old enought to choose. Hope you have a lovely weekend :O)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, those are both temping patterns! I always add a few new ornaments to the tree each year as well. I started it when my girls came along, a new one for them to represent what their interests was that year, and of course handmade ones that struck my fancy too. lol The reindeer is adorable! Have a great weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the teddy ornaments! Have you thought about crocheting some christmas puddings? They are perfect and you can't get more christmassy than pudding!!
    I love your Ornament a Year thing. If I was to put up a tree to decorate, that's a tradition I would begin immediately. We have a predecorated tree with optic fibre. The cats ignore it. They've wrecked every other tree we've ever had - whether pretend or real.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so organized! Making Christimas ornaments, shopping, making time for walking....all good things. The new reindeer ornament is sweet. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The teddy is soooo cute but have you seen the bunny adaptation ?? perfect for you Bunny Mummy!!!!
    I'm going to be working on a Christmas Dec this week, I hope it turns out as well as the image I can see in my mind.... fingers crossed xx have a great week xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! I have so many posts to catch up on! Can't wait to find some time to sit down with a cuppa and read through what I've missed. Love your new decoration. We buy a new one each year too - I wish I'd thought to date them like you have! Speaking of decorations, I have a little something to send you - if you could get in touch (email/text) then I can work out the best way to get it to you! Hope that is ok? I sent you a little message on Fri but I think it must have gone awol.
    Jones x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.