Monday 8 December 2014

The Tree

Hello Lovelies,
we have a rather oversized artificial tree that picked up as a post Christmas bargain about ten years ago now. It was 75% off and as I'd always fancied a big tree it seemed too good to miss, so it came home with me. 
This year I suggested that we could just use our small tree, or put the big one up in the conservatory as there isn't much room for it....but the boys were having none of that.


Well what about the dining room then....I could squeeze it in the corner?.......nope?


It sheds "needles" and each year the branches  become a little more thin and scruffy looking.


But it's the only tree the boys can remember and I do love having somewhere big enough to display all the old decorations, many of them handmade.. There are little knitted characters, picked up at school fairs and the boys nursery school creations. It all gets displayed in a happy jumble.  More is more at Christmas, right?


Many have featured here before, anybody remember my life sized Christmas pudding from 2011 :0)


So, once again the giant tree is in the corner of our open plan lounge. Waiting to grab your legs as you squeeze past it when you arrive home or go out. But the boys are happy, and I suppose Christmas wouldn't be the same without it there..............

The boys all helped to build and trim the tree, with Christmas music on the telly.

Now I just have to get around to putting up the rest of the decorations.

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on my recent posts.....they never fail to brighten my day.
Jacquie x

27 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, I am glad it won its position!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tree you made! I'm decorating mine today, hope it'll turn out just as lovely... but then I think they all are, to the eye of those who build them!
    Have a nice week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks fab. I would think of the labour of love that went into the making of the decorations.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the tree looks gorgeous and the hand made decorations are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful ! mine is up too as for many of us !! Have a lovely week !

    http://woolandcats.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Your tree looks so good, I love all the homemade items and the pudding!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine is up, tall but slim so it is not such a space grabber, as yours I have a mish mash of decs, from the "how much!" to the very simple home made, My Angel was made by Francesca in primary school, she is looking decidedly the worse for wear and this may be the last time that I bring her out. I will not part with her though, she is far too precious. Your tree is lovely and well worth the squeezing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That IS a big'un! My favourite Xmas decs are the ones that my daughter made when she was little. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree looks great and I love all the decorations and the memories they hold. Ours isn't up yet and now the girls are grown up it no longer has all the things on it they made but is more sophisticated ( on their insistence the eldest is almost 30 lol) but I do still have all the things they made when they were little
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's wonderful Jacquie! I seem to be out voted every year too. (Now I do two trees, one the girls decide what we will decorate it with upstairs and one downstairs the hubby and I plan.) lol It's fun to see the hodge-podge of homemade ornaments year after year and also nice to have a planned minimum color tree as well. Just finishing some crochet stars to add to the planned tree. ; ) Happy holidays! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your decorations are lovely! Very personal therefore very special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a beautiful tree! I much prefer the personal trees with history in the decorations over the perfectly color coordinated ones. This tree has LOvE in it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our trees match! :-) I love your tree and the decorations on it.. I recognized the Alicia Paulson tree ornament! I have one of those but I failed to finish it.. guess I should find it and complete it. Have a wonderful holiday time!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We finally replaced our tree this year...now that we are an empty nest because every year I too was voted against. ENJOY!!!! The years go by so fast and although I enjoy my empty nest, I really missed the hustle and bustle in the house as we put up the tree! Your tree looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow your Christmas tree is amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your tree Jacquie ~ it looks fab! We just put ours up tonight and the room is looking very festive indeed. :O)x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking very festive - we will do our decorations at the weekend as Matt finishes school on Friday. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's absolutely lovely, and the boys are right, of course the big tree must go up. I'm a big fan of lots of homemade decorations of all different sorts, and I'm particularly liking your knitted ones, they're brilliant. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. If you are having a tree, it may as well be a big un! It is only for a few weeks and it holds your beautiful decorations perfectly.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's looking lovely, a new hooky garland is as far as I've got with the decorations
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks amazing! I love the Christmas Pudding.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how your decorations have memories and meaning. I fell into the trap of getting rid of our old ones in favour of modern, coordinated baubles and have regretted it ever since.
    S x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! I love your tree! :D And you're right, more is more!

    Greetings, Daphne

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.