Friday 26 December 2014

And then it Snowed...........

Hello Lovelies,
how was your Christmas? Around here things were good.

On Christmas eve I popped out for some last minute forgotten items...boring foodstuffs, then remembered that I hadn't got any red Tulips....the supermarket has let me down for two years running now.
But happily the local florist didn't and I was so pleased to buy these beauties to take  home with me just, before the shops closed........ 


In the evening, as usual, we welcomed the family and some friends  to a buffet supper. How I love the moment before everyone arrives....the house is tidy and we light candles on the mantle..........


Christmas day was cold and sunny.........here's me and two of my boys out for a morning walk........


The Ivy has fabulous deep purple berries...........perfect for photographing in the sunshine.........


and I wasn't the only person taking pictures on this walk....youngest was happily trying out his Christmas gift........


I was pleased when he asked for a camera this year.....It's bridge camera that looks expensive but was surprisingly reasonable....cheaper than my point and shoot.
 I'm hoping it will encourage him out on more walks with me.

It was a great morning to zoom in on the horses..........



and get up close to the flowers...........

 It's always special to see flowers in December.

The only reason I have the time to enjoy the outdoors on Christmas morning is because I don't have to cook the dinner. Once again the whole family were invited to my sister and brother in laws....where sixteen of us sat down and ate together............


 How we all appreciate the huge amount of effort and planning this takes....and how the children love the fun and games afterwards....bingo this year...with a game that kept falling to bits.....hilarious

Every year we plan to go for a walk...but never seem to find the time....happily this year we made it......just as twilight fell and the crescent moon rose...........


It was lovely to wander along noticing the prettily decorated houses ........


and the illuminated church............


We had a lovely day and I was very happy to add this years creation to my sister in laws growing collection of Bunny Mummy crochet decorations :0)........


The cute bunny is THIS variation of THIS lovely free pattern.


Today I've been at work, I drove home through sleety rain, which soon turned to snow.........

 Snow! on Boxing day! .....yipee.

By 9pm we all wanted to get outside, to crunch through it...making footprints and see the night time brightened by all that white.............


It was snowing quite heavily and bitterly cold. But how gorgeous the Christmas decorations on the homes we passed looked with added snow............


Snow is not an every year occurrence in these parts....so when we get some it's very exciting for the boys.

I'm just thankful not to be at work tomorrow....hopefully youngest and I will be out with our cameras :0)
Jacquie x

21 comments:

  1. It is snowing in Lincolnshire too! I can't wait to get my boots on and make footprints (even though it will be 11pm when I get out there!). What a shame it wasn't yesterday. Your Christmas looks just perfect and thankfully you found your red tulips. Enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Jacquie. I so enjoy your photos and how nice that your son is taking his own, too.
    The snow looks so beautiful - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had snow in Cheshire too - my youngest was out building a snowman earlier this evening although it looks like it's turning to rain now, sadly. Love your Christmas Day photos, the light is beautiful. Hope you had a very happy day xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you had a good Christmas. No snow here yet - thankfully as I have guests who need to travel home tomorrow. But it does look very pretty. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful seeing your pictures and reading your words, lovely xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful, all of it. Large family gatherings really are special anyway, but you're right: Knowing the amount of work and planning that go into makes it all the more appreciated when you sit down to it. What a lovely holiday you've had! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, Jacquie! Our Christmas is on Boxing Day, as all my boys are busy running around with their partners, doing the family Christmas thing. We get them on Boxing Day without any need for them to go anywhere else. It is lovely, so we feed 12 - four of them under 10 years old.
    I am rather thrilled for you that one of your boys is interested in taking photos. You should have quite a few years of happy snapping together. :)
    Happy New Year and thank you for sharing your experiences.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your post today! Bravo on finding your red roses. How neat that your son is interested in photography. We got our little grandsons each a kids camera to get them started.. at 5 and 6 it's a start! And how exciting for your snow! What a wonderland it made for you and the boys! I look forward to see what you find tomorrow. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ReplyDelete
  9. The snowfall just set in this night! I LOVE it! We hadn't any snow last winter and I was longing for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't believe you have had snow, it's raining again in Cumbria.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love red tulips at Christmas too. So glad you managed to get some this year. You were lucky with the snow too. We hoped for some but it didn't get as far south in the UK to reach us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Am missing the UK soooo much this Christmas! The snow looks fab so enjoy for me too please ... just take care on the roads! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed seeing these Christmas views...and look forward to more. While you all have had that light snowfall, over here in NYC it is strangely warm. I think that we will soon be returning to true winter weather, so it's grand to be outdoors right now.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas Jacquie and a happy new year! buffet is my new favourite word. I love the keepsake your Mum made you. I think I may frame a few cards from this year. Some of them are just so nice. Gorgeous Tulips! X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a fabulous Christmas! No snow here (a rare thing in these parts) but we did have hail a couple days before. So you could say it was a white one. ;P How cool, a budding camera bug in the family. My oldest is the same. A wonderful Christmas here spent with family and good food. Wishing you and yours a happy new year! BTW love the Christmas lights in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a lovely Christmas :) We had lots of snow around here too and have been out to play today. It was a real winter wonderland :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas, and how magical to have some snow as well. Your twilight walk looks beautiful, the church all lit up is perfection. I hope you enjoy the rest of the festive season. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh what a lovely shot of the moon over those bare branches ... and the illuminated church is beautiful. It sounds like your Christmas was wonderful. Enjoy the snow! (We have none at the moment, which feels very odd and un-Christmassy.)

    Here's to another photographer in the family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm enjoying looking at your snow, Jacquie! It is raining here and I know that eventually I will be able to see the snow on Mt. Hood,....just got a weather alert for possible snow Sunday night!!! So glad you and yours are having a happy holiday and that you and your son are enjoying hiking about and taking photos together. Wonderful :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Snow here too but not for long. We walked up the Lawley Hill in South Shropshire today so that the children could stamp around in a bit more! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.