Wednesday 9 April 2014

Five Minutes :: Ten Photos

Hello Lovelies,
arriving home from work at 6.30pm yesterday I was  struck by how much colour there is in our little front garden. Before heading indoors I spent five minutes really noticing what's pretty at this moment.

 All of a sudden there are Tulips..........

 Big red ones

And pointy pink ones...........


The sun was not quite setting, but it hung low in the sky, sending beams of light sideways and illuminating petals beautifully........


All winter I've struggled to take any decent macro shots....but yesterday evening the light conditions seemed perfect and every shot came out beautifully crisp. The colours were so intense..........

 I love the shape of this yellow tulip

And the colour of this wall flower.........


Some flowers are already beginning to fade. My Hyacinths are almost over....... 


Others are just emerging.....like these self seeded Foxgloves.........

so much to look forward to as the year progresses.

All this floral beauty really made me so very happy.......


These hardy French Marigolds have been flowering all winter. I thought I should really dig them up as they are only supposed to be annuals, but I didn't have the heart.
They looked pretty sick at times, but never gave up....bless them.........


It's such a simple pleasure, to have a bit of colour to welcome you home at the end of a busy day....



And it's lovely to be able to capture it and share it with you.
Jacquie x

26 comments:

  1. Love the pop of colour! Spring really is showing its face :)

    Birgitta x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are beautiful! I also like dtha yellow tulip :) So sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and it must be wonderful having a garden in which flowers can grow! Yours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's beautiful, there's nothing like spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely floral post, loved it. Thanks for adding colour to my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely floral post, loved it. Thanks for adding colour to my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colour in the garden is always welcome and brings a smile.
    having been at my sisters last week, I suddenly noticed how the tulips had burst into flower, and the daffodils are pretty much over. Spring is in full swing here. I'm hoping to take some photos later today - I'm finding it tricky to catch the light at the right time! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colour flowers brings into our lives. Thanks for sharing the brightness on what has been a rather wet, dull and dreary day in Melbourne.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful garden Jacqui. Love the photos of the individual flowers - I really must learn to take macro shots but I'm not sure that my camera (or maybe it's just me!) is up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colour in your garden!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! I have started drawing again since discovering your blog and am finding inspiration in all the flowers, which I sadly don't have any of as I live in a flat on the fifth floor in London...but living vicariously through your photos for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much beautiful colour and joy in your garden there Jacquie. What a great sight to come home to. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great concept for a blog post, very inspirational - 5 mins 10 photos - Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful way to spend five minutes your garden looks fabulous! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spring time is indeed the most beautiful of seasons. It is so welcome after the harsh winter we've endured.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful, vibrant front garden you have. I'm sure people stop and have a look when they're passing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful site to greet you on your arrival home, stunning photos, x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely garden! A wonderful end to the day. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How wonderful Jacquie, you've made me very happy too with your lovely blooms in such vibrant colours, thank you! Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply beautiful. It is a grey day here in my part of Australia and those flowers of yours just pop, and the green of the grass. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. such lovely flowers, we are heading into winter here in Australia thank you for the cheeriness! please follow my blog, its new! http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nothing quite like the glow of blossoms in the sunshine! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. So lovely bright and cheerful, l,oving the colour
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  24. You've brightened up my day - would like to use some of these stunning colours for crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an incredible front garden! I would love to live next to you for all the colour.

    It is so lovely seeing the bulbs coming up. I plant lots of bulbs but never remeber what is where so each year it is a surprise!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.