Monday 21 April 2014

The Church Garden :: Spring

Hello Lovelies, 
I've brought you to this garden before, only back in January I found it a delight on a crisp and sunny day HERE.
Shall we see what it's like at the moment?

On Saturday evening I went for a stroll with my lovely sister in law. The day had been glorious but when we arrived the sun was hiding.

The beautifully well tended memorial garden , hidden behind the church, is always a delight.........


This  bed is  full of dainty Forget-me-nots and Cowslips........


As we wander around a Blackbird sings sweetly..........


It's a very restful place to be on this still evening.........


The greenery is returning around the pretty gates..........


I love that there are lots of interesting corners to explore...........


where cherry blossom is looking at it's loveliest.........


Such a beautiful spot to rest..........


These Narcissi are so cheerful and their scent is divine.......


And then the setting sun peeps out from below the clouds............


Casting super long shadows across the lawn........


And making the Tulips glow.........


Such a perfect time of year.........


Once again I feel thankful to the generous volunteers who created and  maintain this special place........


We leave the garden and wander past the patchwork church walls. There has been a church on this spot for 800 years..........



And I wonder how long the towering Yew and Giant redwood tree have been here..........


I so enjoyed this latest visit and I hope you lovelies did too.
Jacquie x

19 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely tour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your photos of this amazing place, a delightful sight indeed! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful garden!
    The volunteers do a fabulous job! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent bird pic. Even got it's beak open. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic place, no wonder you love to visit.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! With your pictures it feels like you are taking us readers by the hand and show us around! I love this mini holidays in my head thanks to your photos!
    Take care, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful serene garden
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way the evening sunshine lights gardens at this time of year. One of my favourites times of day. Have a good week. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful place, thanks for sharing, x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos, thanks for your comments, my bike is the best present the Mr has given me, can you believe he rescued her from the local tip and spruced her up! That was in the days before they became popular, you probably wouldn't find one like that these days....x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful garden. Thanks for taking the time to share it. Hope the rest of your Easter was as lovely and peaceful. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so beautiful, what a treasure. I love finding pretty little church gardens, especially when they're unexpected. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a beautiful garden and the low light is just gorgeous.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a place of refreshment indeed. Those flowers satisfy my soul, and I love the photo of the blackbird with his mouth wide in song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and so lovingly maintained
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful, Jacquie. Thank you!
    I can't get over the emerald green of your grass. If ever you come to Australia, you will understand what I mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful everything is looking - what a treat, thanks so much Jacquie! Joy x
    PS Ah I just spotted the message above and Robyn's comment is spot on - we have a totally different green here, which is a large part of the reason why I long for the green of the old country! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a Blessing to have somewhere as lovely as that to walk. Woo xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Wish I were there! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.