Friday 8 April 2016

Wandering among the Daffodils

 Hello Lovelies,
on Sunday Mr BM and I went for one of our ( increasingly regular) walks without the boys. Having recently re-joined the National Trust we headed to Belton House.

I'd seen Elaine's gorgeous photos of their Daffodil display on instagram and being a bit of a Daffodil addict, was keen to see them for myself. They certainly didn't disappoint.  I don't seem to have taken a close up but they were almost all the same variety, one with short stems and slim, twisted petals. I'm guessing they are close to the wild variety?






 My favourite spot at Belton has to be the lake........


Since our last visit a couple of years ago the boathouse has been repainted this wonderful warm yellow and it was looking pristine.........





We wandered around the lake looking at the bird life.......




I think the Daffodils looked especially beautiful by the Lake.........






It's nesting time for the Coots........


And the Geese are in pairs.......




We wandered back through the gardens..........


I always love to see Daisies too..........




Beautiful Belton, such an elegant house.........



We ( I ) couldn't resist a visit to the orangery.......










 Many parts of the formal gardens were looking quite bare, but I'm sure they will be busting with colour in a few short weeks........







 Could you imagine living somewhere like this........


Sometimes I like to daydream


And we did spot one lucky resident :0)......


I do love this time of year and always feel lucky to visit beautiful places like this. I hope you enjoyed coming along too.
Jacquie x
P.S. you can see our previous visit HERE ( warning :: it's a very long post :0) )
P.P.S there are some other National Trust properties with Daffodil displays HERE

21 comments:

  1. So many daffodils - just beautiful! P and I are having many more trips on our own nowadays, and it's nice to just take our time and wander. Looks like you had a lovely day weather-wise.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place, and such amazing gardens. Like you I like to imagine how lovely it would be to live somewhere like that. And I'm an absolute sucker for an orangery. This one is particularly gorgeous. So good to see how well the National Trust cares for places isn't it. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning place to visit. I love to see daffodils growing in great masses like that. The lake and the boathouse are so beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place. I think it would be wonderful to live there and see such beauty every day. The daffodils are gorgeous and your picture of the lake and boathouse are like a painting. So serene. Thank you for taking us with you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tour of Belton House! Lovely seeing details such as the lake, boat house, etc. I see that they charge for visits so that must be how they fund to care for the place isn't ? It reminds me of Downton Abbey! Love that show! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So surreal when this post came up on my feedly, Elaine is my Mum! Lovely photos, I'm hoping to go back to Belton in a few weeks when the bluebelles are out

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you SO much for sharing your visit to this amazing place! I do daydream of living somewhere like that especially when I'm reading my Rosamunde Pilcher books of which I'm plowing through every single one of her titles. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, I will have to come over the border into Nottinghamshire to visit this gorgeous place. Lovely photo's as usual....very nice to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pictures. Jacquie, thanks for sharing your walk
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! What a delightful place. My in-laws have recently moved near Grantham so I will suggest Belton for a family outing. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos as always Jacquie! Looks lovely. We are members of the National Trust too. Our favourite place so far is Dunster Castle and gardens in Somerset.
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank.you.for.very.nice.and.lovely.walk.it.was.amazing.greetings.from.anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely place you all visited Jacquie. Yes, I can imagine living there, along with an enormas staff indoors and out. Vehicle looks good, too, but of course, there would also have to be another vehicle or two to handle the working errands.

    Glad that sunshine visited along with you all. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing, your photos are lovely, the stuff of dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a marvelous place!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely post. We have never been to that National Trust property it does look like it is worth a visit! They have a great daffodil diplay so this is a perfect place to visit at this time of year. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely post. We have never been to that National Trust property it does look like it is worth a visit! They have a great daffodil diplay so this is a perfect place to visit at this time of year. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What lovely photos, I live in Lincoln and Belton House is our local National Trust place and your blog reminded me I must go again soon. Thank you for sharing your walk, I so enjoy your blog,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how utterly exquisite these daffodils are- they are beautiful!!!! I LOVE seeing a host of golden daffodils!x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous! I would love to visit it one day. Your photos are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.