Tuesday 23 January 2024

❤️Three things❤️

 Hello lovely people,  I do hope this unexpected post finds you well. The third week of January isn't easy, is it. What with the depressing news and the miserable weather. I thought, why not do a quick post, focusing on small gratitudes in my day. I always loved it when Lucy at Attic 24 did this sort of post. 

Thing 1.


The first, brave Snowdrops,  cheering a rather damp dog walk, this afternoon. 

Thing 2.


Going through some of my craft stash and pulling out this lovely project. My "Autumn Blanet" is something I started in 2021 (I think 🤔 ). One day I will get round to finishing it....🤞.

Thing 3.

         Chewed corner curtesy of a certain whippet 

A reawakened interest in reading. This is my second book this year (impressive as I read zero fiction in 2023) . I'm mainly trying to reduce my scrolling. Hoping reading will be good for my brain, sleep pattern and concentration.  If you are a reader, any recommendations for books would be most welcome 🥰.

I'll stop now, and hope to be back in the not too distant future, to chat again. I'm trying to find a way to fit blogging into my day, as I do miss it. 

Jacquie x




14 comments:

  1. you have been missed too. I loved to look at your photo's. Nice surprise to see you back. ( not to late to wish you a Happy New Year?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too late Caz. Thank you and Happy New Year to you too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three great things. I love Richard Osman books. You should try C J Bennett. Equally amusing. A cross between The Crown and Miss Marple. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barbara x, I'll look out for that author

      Delete
  4. If you like mystery you may try Martin Walker, Bruno, Chief of Police series, Elly Griffith, Ruth Galloway series, Louise Penny, Inspector Gamache series, just to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can agree with Dot. I've read all of Ellie Griffith's Ruth Galloway books. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to read your post, I have yet to see any snowdrops this year they always lift my mood. I love the colours in your blanket and yes I've been reading more in January too maybe because it's a lovely cosy pastime and doesn't take much effort and that's what we need at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a great winter pastime. Thank you for your kind comment x

      Delete
  7. Thank you Dot. I will add your suggestions to my list on good reads 📚 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to read your post. You have been missed for a while. The snowdrops are wonderful, I miss them too. It is still too cold here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the welcome back Margi. It's very kind of you x

      Delete
  9. Hellllooooooooooooo missed your blogging! Gorgeous to see you back. I am thinking of blogging but I am a bit of a scaredy cat........ ambling_along_Suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, thank you lovely. Do it Suzie. Nothing to be scared about xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.