Saturday 13 March 2010

crocus love

Hi there , well it's come around to Saturday again already !! where did that week go ? It's so nice to see some definite signs of spring isn't it .The weather was beautiful here today,blue skies and sunshine plus a fresh breeze which made washing dried on the line smell wonderful !!
I'm enjoying playing with my new camera and the spring flowers are particularly photogenic at the moment . Crocuses are my current favourite,with snowdrops coming a close second !! so here are some I snapped whilst out and about today...


Unfortunately I don't have any crocuses in my own garden ,must make a note on my calendar to plant some this autumn as they are so lovely ( and I don't think they leave you with lots of messy foliage once they have finished flowering which is a bonus )
I also wanted to show you the crafty bits of my week,all the amazing inspiration seen on lots of lovely blogs,not to mention flickr ,make me want to make something every day !! Most days I manage a little crochet,at the moment I'm working on a cushion cover in the same colours as my square throw,which I'm very proud of . I have a Lloyd Loom style chair in the loft and inspired by Lucy at Attic 24 I'm hoping to have a pretty chair of crochet goodness !!My cushion is inspired by the work of the very talented Emma Lamb
.So here's how it looks so far ..
Another bit of craftyness was a mothering sunday card for my mum .When I was little she allways encouraged us to make cards rather than buy them .At the time I wasn't convinced the recipient would prefer a less than perfect homespun effort but now I know which I would rather receive from my little ones !! so ,you were right mum !!
Happy mothers day
< Think I am getting the hang of this blogging business ,though it still takes me ages!!!
Better get to bed now ,even though I'm hoping for a lie in tomorrow . Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday and fun with your loved ones .
Jacquie x

2 comments:

  1. How lovely to have found your blog.
    Love the flowers. We live next to a park and they are all starting to crop up. A few more day by day. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card you made your Mom, really sweet and the spring flowers are gorgeous too. It's going to be lovely to be able to get outside and enjoy the fresh air.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.