Wednesday 31 March 2010

One day at the Dentist.....

It was back in January to be precise ,I picked up a lovely magazine in the waiting room......



The February issue of Period Homes Magazine ( They have up to date magazines !)
My attention was grabbed by the " homes with a heart " caption . I had just started reading a lovely article about a Derbyshire Cottage when my name was called ..noooooo..
Luckily when I was in the supermarket later that week I spotted the same magazine and popped it in my trolley so I could finish admiring this gorgeous home !!

How lovely is this ?



I wish my bedroom looked like this...



..and the little people slept here....




What I really loved about this home though is that it has taken since 1992 to get it to this stage and it's all been done on a strict budget . The owners Phil and Phillipa Heath have done most of the work themselves.They have sourced furnishings from reclamation yards,house sales,hand-me-downs and skips. I am envious of such a sense of style !!
Have a look a the dinning room with all its' mis-matched but totally gorgeous furniture.....



While studying this lovely image I noticed a poster on the wall ,hiding behind an Easter tree . It's not easy to see on the photo due to the photo going across two pages . It says...

"I love you more than cherry pie " perfect !!

so cute and not too soppy ,don't you think ?

In an ideal world I would have .a) the time and b) the skill to made a lovely embroidery picture that says this but unfortunatly I have niether.So.......



I made this instead !! It's a bit wonky but hopefully that adds to the charm !?!
It hangs on my kitchen wall and makes me smile :0)

Jacquie x

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Jacquie, I love that home, it's so me!The dining room is gorgeous!
    Love your sign, so cute!
    I have given you an award over on my blog if you'd like to take part!
    Have a lovely day!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the style of the home it is my kinda house(mine would be a bit less white) but totally mismatched and random. I think your little sign is lovely btw xxx

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.