Friday 28 November 2014

Novemberish

Hello lovelies,
this week has been classically Novemberish.
There have been a couple of very cold mornings, where I've needed to scrape the ice from my car before the drive into work. 
It's also been foggy and dampness follows the early frost....displaying cobwebs on railings.......


The ducks quack hungrily as I pass...........


The evenings are often foggy too, closing in the world and turning the street light's glow into balls of hazy orange............


Most of the leaves have fallen off our little silver birch tree...........


It's kind of sad, but it does give me a clear view of the bird feeders, which I've started to fill again.......

 there's a Great Tit in this photo, can you see him?


Yay, the Blue Tit's are back..........hello Tom.........

spotting our garden friends always cheers my winter days.

When it's cold and damp outside I love to make comforting meals and treats. A very simple, but  wonderfully tasty desert was enjoyed yesterday.

Two of these huge Bramley apples..............


 made a delicious crumble..............

THIS simple recipe.

My blog posts seemed to have slowed down a bit at the moment don't they. These short, dark days are not the easiest for photography and in the background I'm still plugging away at writing my latest tutorial.......... 


It's nearly finished now :0)

Jacquie x

19 comments:

  1. Your new crochet tutorial looks lovely. You always explain things so well and the accompanying photos are so helpful!
    Thank you for the crumble recipe. I think it's my favourite dessert and it's wonderful for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the photos and your crumble looks delicious - thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love love your photos...great photos....I love all of your crocheting that you do...

    Have a Beautiful Day
    Linda K, Railroad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apple crumble sounds lovely. Very few leaves left on our trees as well and lots of frosty mornings too. Definitely slowing down, which is nice for a change, other than the holiday preparations. Here in the US where we just celebrated Thanksgiving and stuffed ourselves.lol Then after the left-overs were put away (none to soon!) We decorated our Christmas tree, a tradition in our house. Here's to more slow days. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog bring me such joy to read. I often check in a few times a week so see what you have created or what you have been up to. You photos are wonderful. Thank you for sharing your daily comings and goings.
    Kelli from Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an impressive apple! That crumble looks delish. Thanks for sharing and one of these days I'm going to take the plunge and learn crochet and knitting.

    Have a great weekend!
    Carrie from Northwoods Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a foggy week here too, today it's raining as well... very Novemberish indeed! : )
    Wish you a lovely weekend, while looking forward to your granny tutorial! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your atmospheric photos. We've had a lot of fog too, lately, and our first frost. This is definitely the weather for cosying up indoors
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your photos and your garden friends! Have a great week end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm, delicious crumble. I know what you mean about the low light, I've been struggling with it a lot here too. I hope you have a good weekend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are doing the right thing by bringing bright pretty things into your home during the days when it gets dark so soon. I'm heading into the kitchen to put together a plate of leftovers from our feast last night.. thank heavens for microwave ovens! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pics and that is one huuuuge apple! Cant wait for your next tute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Autumn photos, Jacquie...I especially appreciate the colorful ducks :) Apple crumble is one of my favorites, and yours looks so yummy. I do so admire your stitching, and you inspire me to want to do more! Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures look a lot like our neighborhood the past week. Foggy, soggy days...but that's better than snow! Apple crumble is one of my favorite dishes. I'm looking forward to seeing your tutorial.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jacquie, did love my visit here and as our side of the world heats up it is lovely to visit the
    other side of the world and enjoy foggy days and apple crumble too xoxoxo ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful photos as always, puts to shame my abject failure to get out and take any photos at all! You've made November look quite lovely when I feel I'm struggling with grey, wet & miserable! Note to self - must try harder! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely pics! and the apple crumble looks delicious!
    thanks for this wonderful post.
    have a nice weekend,
    hugs regina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, I'm struggling to take photos indoors too at the moment. I do love Bramleys and the way they cook down so easily (and quickly).
    I'm with you on the slowing down thing too. I've been posting only maybe twice a week. Must be something to do with the time of year...
    S x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.