Thursday 9 January 2014

A Roadside Walk

Hello Lovelies,
We have had so much rain over the past few days that I had to abandon my planned route across fields yesterday. One look at the muddy style and the even muddier field beyond told me I was likely to end up slipping over in the bog if I even attempted it...........


Instead I just admired the view through the gap in the fence, it's so nice to see blue sky again......


It was busy along the roadside, I had to wait quite a while to get this shot that makes it look lovely and quiet !


But at least I got to take a picture of this lovely view. Usually I'm driving along this road myself with no chance to stop and take a picture............


It's these cute cottages nestled beneath the steep little hill that capture my imagination........


I like the  Ash trees with their curled up twigs silhouetted against the bright winter sun......


The weather here has not been as extreme as some parts of the country has had to endure, but I thought this displaced sign  illustrated that it's been very wet and windy.........


Walking back home I'm passed by a familiar sight, the milk float...........


And I stop to say hello to the sheep, but they have finished their breakfast and moved on.........


 Mr Blackbird is just enjoying his.......



And , through the bare winter hedgerow I spot one friendly looking face.........


My pavement walk turned out to be rather lovely and I'm finding myself quite liking winter at the moment. Bright walks like this are certain to lift my spirits and delight my senses.
Jacquie x

20 comments:

  1. Lovely photos as usual Jacquie - I am trying to do more walking myself this year and so far so good :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos again. Thanks Jacquie.
    It is every important to make the most of getting out into the light and fresh air. I am one of those people that gets a bit melancholy in winter if I don't get enough daylight, and it is a lot more milder here than there!
    Take care on those walks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a lovely walk, the fresh air and sunshine certainly lift your spirit, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to see a milkfloat, we don't get them around here anymore. Lovely photos.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! So lovely to see blue sky at last!!! I'm heading out to enjoy it here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you seeing blue sky! :) Looking out my office window there is a tiny patch of blue, nestled in the grey. I'm hoping the weekend is a bit brighter here, and that things will dry out a little - if not the rugby kit doesn't bare thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to be able to take a walk and see sheep, that would be a perfect day for me.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for that stroll through the English countryside! I love to go for long walks, too, but unfortunately I live where the Polar Vortex is swirling around. We had temperatures of -26 C the other day. Today it has warmed up to -16 C, but there is too much snow and ice on the ground for walking to be very pleasant. I shall have to live vicariously through your blog for now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delight! Thank you for taking me on a walk.. lovely indeed :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another lovely walk! I love your views and am so glad that the rain has stopped. How fortunate you are to live around such beauty! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jacquie, there's such a beautiful quality of light (and life, too) in your photographs. Taking time to take such a walk brings rewards. Thank you for letting share a bit of that gorgeous scenery, wildlife, and milk float sighting.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You take such pretty photos; you make me feel as though I'm with you on your journey. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for taking me along on your walk. It was just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks I really enjoy that, being stuck in the house I really love coming along on you're photo walks
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad that the sun came out for your walk. Your images as always are lovely especially after all that rain! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love that first image, you are so lucky living in the heart of the county! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Either you were up early or your milkman comes late ;)

    I think you made the right decision to stay on the paths for your walk - it's so boggy underfoot following the rain isn't it? We've got flooding in town - luckily it doesn't seem to have affected any houses yet, but there is a bench in the park where you can't even see the seat any more, there's been so much water!

    Send some of your blue sky our way please :)
    Jones x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some beautiful pictures Jacquie! I enjoy seeing the lovely countryside near you.
    Here the weather is heading to extreme heat, yuk lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of your photos are lovely but I particularly like the one of the Winter sun, its stunning, and I'm a little bit jealous of you photo of Mr Blackbird!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.