Sunday 12 January 2014

Also This Week........

Hello Lovelies, 
this week, the one that I'd been dreading, actually turned out to be pretty darn good. I seemed to fit in a lot of blog posts and I found loads to photograph. LOADS.
So, despite already doing four posts this week I find I still have more images from the last few days that I wanted to share here.
Here is a mixed bag of what else was on my camera this week.

After a busy day at work I love it when I finally get chance to sit down and do something creative.
These little crochet circles......


Turned into ears for cute mice.......


Now the boys are back at school I'm enjoying a bit of quiet time at home alone on my days off in the week. At this time of year the low afternoon  sun shines on my rainbow maker and the room is filled with glittery colour........


on Thursday they were particularly stunning, the colours were intense and you could clearly see the whole spectrum........




Thursday was also a brilliant day for cloudscapes. I was wowed by the ever changing display of  dramatic winter beauty.

 Morning


 Afternoon


and Evening (well 4.15 pm )


Yes we still have a lot of dark hours. These pictures were taken at six pm on Tuesday. It was windy and there were beautiful colours scudding across the moon. I set up my camera on a tripod to try and get a decent shot.
I didn't capture the clouds but I still love this image, with it's halo of light.........


And you can even make out some craters, I was so happy to manage to take a reasonable picture of our lovely Moon...........


Back to daylight now and a picture of my Welsh Dresser ( remember when I first got it HERE).
 How I love this (rather orange pine) piece of furniture. It's so much fun playing about changing the displays.


And it's a great place to keep your latest crochet makes..........


 I actually made the mouse in the middle of the bottom row a couple of years ago and I've always loved it, so this week I decided to add a few more to my collection.
 The dark brown one was first, he turned out huge. Then I realised I should be using a 3.5mm hook with my  double knitting yarn to get a smaller, denser result.

The pattern is free and found  HERE if any of you lovelies fancy making them.

 And finally from this week we have a little more calendar love :0)


Despite already having three calendars for this year I couldn't resist adding a fourth when I spotted this in the charity shop for 75pence!..........

It even matches my blanket

It's a wonderful photographic calendar of New Zealand. I wonder how it ended up there? It's new and I can only think it's been sent across the world as a gift or brought back as a souvenir . Why would anyone not want it?

Of course it's got summery pictures for January and Autumnal scenes for March but I quite like that. I certainly like looking at summer images on lovely blogs from the southern hemisphere when it's cold and wintry here.

This is the calendar's photo for January....New Chums beach, it looks like a stunning place......with great name :0)

Oh, I'm thinking about seaside holidays now.

Before I go I'd just like to thank you all for the cowl love.....so many comments, I'm so pleased you like it....and ♥ thank you ♥ for taking time out of your busy days to tell me so.

Jacquie x

32 comments:

  1. Love your cute little mice! I've been looking for something just like this as I'm making a cat for my daughter for Christmas (oops yes I'm a bit behind lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. You always take the most beautiful photos-the cloud shots are stunning! I love those adorable mice-I know it's hard to find crafty time after work, I have the same problem but nothing helps me unwind like a bit of crochet crafting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so now I want a mouse! Must finish a few other things first .love the calendar my mum and dad spend the winter in n.z and last year we visited its beautiful.our little corner of the world is looking stunning this morning so I still feel lucky shame I have to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics Jacquie - especially the moon, I love it! Your little mouse is really cute - funny, I just crocheted another little mouse this past week too, and a few little friends to keep him company. I do hope you soon get settled into 2014 and find lots of time for crochet! Hugs, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos Jacquie, I am a complete sucker for beautiful skies and yours are stunning. How amazing to capture the moon! I always just get a little blob of light and nothing else, tripod obviously the way to go :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your photos are great and your moon and one of the spectrum are especially so. The little mice are lovely and so cute. My cats usually love mice toys but somehow my crochet items are totally ignored by them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your dresser and how you decorate it. I have the same one, only with a few minor differences. I have a think at looking at other peoples dressers and what they put on them.mine is sadly too formal, although I have days when I like it and then I get tired of it but dont really know what else to do with it, hence looking here is an inspiration! more photos and ideas pleeeeese!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are very, very skillful and hard - working woman, your photos are fantastic and picturesque,
    congratulations, bye, ania

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photos, love the mice.
    Happy sunday from Prortugal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pics the mice are super cute, I also noticed one day this week my room was filled with lots of mini rainbows from the crystals that hang in the window, must be the perfect low winter sun. Have a happy week
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like your week ended on a high note, hooray! I love your outdoor photos, but I always appreciate your nature pics...and the little mice are darling! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those little mice!! The Welsh dresser looks amazing with all your treasures, You had a great week by the sounds of things,

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe you were thinking of painting the beautiful pine hutch. I love it and all the little cute things on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Lovely Jacquie you are such a busy bee. I adore those little mice, they are so cute and look perfect on your dresser, I have a dresser too and just love it, it hold so much stuff. Your photographs are so stunning Jacquie and really make me aware of how much changes in a day even though at times we seem to miss this, I know I do when I am at work and seeing your images makes me realise that I should pay more attention to what is important in life. Have a fabulous week Jacquie, lots of love as always
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mice are so cute! Love all the pics. You find such beauty in the ordinary. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jacquie ~ your little mice are so cute ~ I love them :O)xx



    ReplyDelete
  17. Your little clutch of mice are just too cute! Lovely to see your sky/sun pictures too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos Jacquie, the one of the moon craters is amazing, I'd be thrilled if I'd captured that. Glad the week turned out to be a good one in the end, and the mice are great. The skies are stunning, I always seem to be looking at the sky in winter. I hope this week is a really good one too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those mice are so cute! Lovely photos, Jacquie. I loved the moon shot and spent a good few minutes trying to see the man in the moon (I didn't!). You've reminded me to go back and look at your calendars post, and that I need to share pictures of my dresser - can't believe I've not done it already!
    Hope you've had a super weekend,
    Jones x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely photos, I especially love the moon ones! Did you use a special camera setting? The mice are very cute too! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill , I just tried lots of different settings on my compact camera. Most were blurry but this one turned out the best.
      Thanks for your comment.
      Jacquie x

      Delete
  21. Hi Jacquie
    Love the mice. Very cute. My cats would have taken possession of them by now.
    If ever you find yourself with a lazy few thousand pounds (like that is going to happen, but you never know), do yourself a favour and come down south. New Zealand is gorgeous. The South Island will probably remind you of your neck of the woods and into Scotland, but with its own unique flavour. Dunedin is my favourite city. Like the UK and Australia, the kiwis drive on the correct side of the road, so you won't have any worries there. It would be a wonderful thing to dream of.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Here is am as the evening sky sets in NZ looking at all your beautiful countryside and you are there looking at ours! The wonders of the internet. Love your little mice Jacquie.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good morning!! I always love looking at what's on your camera. I will have to try the mice...yours turned out so cute. I am a sky watcher too! Sometimes I download more sky pics than people pics!
    Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely things you show us to day. I have linked to your blog to day. I am making and follow your tutorial for hexagons. Using them for The crochetmoodblanket2014.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow to the picture of the moon! great shot, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all the photos. Now I want a rainbow maker. :-) have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your moon photo is gorgeous! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.